League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Cambio the Herald of Change (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2827962)

Void22 11-22-2012 07:53 AM

Cambio the Herald of Change

This is my first champion concept so not sure how well it will turn out. Lets see.
I freely give up my legal rights to this idea and give Riot Games permission to use this idea or any derivatives of it.

Role: AP caster, Ranged.

Stats: Health: Medium
AD: Very Low
AP: Very High
Difficulty: Medium
Race: Demon
Alliance:Change

Appearance: A blond, handsome guy around twenty three. His hair should be short, eyes blue. He wears a black robe that shimmers every so often with a myriad of colors. He floats a few inches off the ground at all times.

Voice: A deeper male voice, smooth and cultured. However, his voice will change near the middle of certain lines, becoming innumerable voices of every tone, pitch and gender. In his quotes these parts will be italicized.

Lore: Times are changing in The League of Legends. Especially with the appearance of Cambio. He appeared one day at the doors to the Institute of War and politely asked to be admitted. He claimed to be a representative of The Watching Lords, powerful beings who, he claimed, monitored and influenced the destiny of the universe. The first summoner that arrived thought this to be a minor spirit and tried to imprison him. That summoner is now utterly insane. What The Watching Lords intentions were when they sent Cambio are unknown. Some believe that there are no such beings, that Cambio is merely a mad man, a prisoner of his own delusions. When asked he merely smile. If pressed, one begins to see flickers of things unknown, not meant for the mind of sane men, deep within his eyes. Most of the time, he merely acts as he appearance would suggest, concealing his true voice. However, his presence has an unnerving effect on most. His purpose is unknown. None can doubt however, that change is coming.
"He shattered a man with a barely fragment of his power. I shudder to think what he could do in Runeterra." Soraka

Abilities: Now, I don't know if these are any good or if they're balanced. Feel free to comment and give feedback.

Passive: Reflexive Transmutation: If Cambio would be attacked by an enemy champions basic attack he would heal an amount equal to the damage dealt instead of taking it. This can only happen once every 30/20/10 seconds, changing at levels 8 and 16. This is not affected by cooldown reduction.

Q: The Flames of Change: Cambio unleashes a cone of multicolored flames that damages all enemies within for 75/125/175/225/275 (+.5ap) and then burns them over 5 seconds for 50/75/100/125/150 (+.3ap) magic damage. Enemies killed by either part of the attack spawn a gibbering demon that lasts for 5 seconds. These creatures are uncontrollable and will focus whatever is attacking Cambio at the moment, prioritizing champions. 14/13/12/11/10 second cooldown . The demons have 100/200/300/400/500 health, take reduced damage from spells and have ad equal to 25% of Cambio's AP. At max there can only be 1/2/3/4/5 demons on the field at once. Will be a cone about the size of Ashes Frost Volley, except a bit wider.

W: Reality Warp: Passive: Cambio phases in and out of reality allowing him to ignore unit collision and take 5/7/9/11/13% reduced damage from physical attacks.
Active: Cambio teleports dealing 125/150/175/200/225 (+.3ap) aoe magic damage upon disappearing and reappearing. 17/16/15/14/13 second cooldown. Will be a little bigger then Ezreal's teleport.

E: Field of Fluctuation: Cambio creates an aoe field that lasts for 5 seconds. This field does 100/125/150/175/200 (+.6ap) magic damage to enemies standing on it and heals allies for 75/100/125/150/175 (+.4ap). 15/14/13/12/11 second cooldown. This should be about the same range and aoe as Malzahar's Null Zone.

R: The Sound of Madness: Cambio channels for two seconds and then screams using all of his voices, dealing 125/250/375 (+.4ap) magic damage to all enemies within a cone and shattering their minds. Enemies hit are afflicted with Madness and make basic attacks against the nearest unit for 1/2/3 seconds. 140/110/80 second cooldown. When screaming he will briefly assume his true form.

Quotes: Please see the note to his voice at the top of the page.

Selection: "How will you change the world Summoner? For good... or ill?

Moving: "A change in location."
"Onward, to change."
"Time for a change in scenery."
"For the Watching Lords."
"To do Their will."

Attacking: shoots a bolt of multicolored flame form his hand. A crit can be from both hands. "Sometimes, change means your end."
"I will change you, not for the better."
"a curse in an alien tongue"
"You shall not stand in Their way!
" They will watch your anihalation!"

Ultimate: During Channel: "Listen Summoner. Can you hear the sound of madness!"
"I will shatter their minds!"
During Scream: A wordless scream of all his voices

Joke: "Everything changes. Everything but taxes that is."
"You think you can hide from The Watching Lords in brush?! Redic...! What?! What do you mean you can't see them any more?!"
"I love change. Except for pocket change. Such irritating clinking."

Taunt: "You're pathetic. Not even I can change that."
"You seem to be alive. I must change that"

Laugh: Most of the time a quite chuckle. Occasionally he will give a mad cackle that changes to his true voices in the middle.

http://images.khinsider.com/Kingdom%...20Figure01.png

Cambio would look like that except the hood would be down and he would have blonde hair and blue eyes.

His true form would look something like this:http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/...ur-500x375.png

Void22 11-25-2012 07:53 PM

Bump

ValorAndGlory 11-25-2012 09:38 PM

OK I don't have much time to put up an extensive post but just a few tweaks that I think should be made.
First let me thank you for pointing out the typo I had on disrupt, it was suppose to go like this: Iru-Jon bends the space around himself or a allied champion increasing Armor and Magic Resist by 20/40/60/80/100, if he targets an enemy champion he decreases their Armor and Magic Resist by 20/30/40/50/60, champions with in 600 units that are on the same team as the effected champion receive half of the buff or debuff. Thanks to you I was able to change it to match what it should.

First his passive needs more information tacked onto it, does it count any damage source or just enemy champions, do the sources include Baron and Buff monsters. A change I would make to this would go something like this; Passive: Damage Change: If Cambio would be attacked by a basic attack he negates half of the damage and spawns a gibbering demon that lasts for 8 seconds. These creatures are uncontrollable and will focus whatever is attacking Cambio at the moment, prioritizing champions. The demons have 100/200/300/400/500 health and take reduced damage from spells and have ad equal to 25% of Cambio's AP. You can only have 3 demons active at a time. 20% chance to spawn a demon when hit by a enemy champion, 30% chance to spawn a demon when hit by a large monster(Baron and the Buff monster). or something like it, and you should get rid of the demon passive on his q it is out of place, add it to his R or do something like above. Sorry about it but no time left will post more as I get the chance, take off the demon spawn on q SO OUT OF PLACE.

Void22 11-26-2012 06:38 AM

The reason I put the Q there is the idea that the flames would warp and twist the flesh of whoever they killed until when they died they were no longer recognizable, merely a twisted, insane demon. I think I will keep it that way but put a limit on how many demons can be summoned. As for the passive I will specify it . Thank you for taking the time to do this.

ZALAR 11-26-2012 06:45 AM

W + R can deals tons of damage to the enemy team
Also the passive is a little bit strong but still acceptable
R is really a interesting spell. Can it make enemies attack each other?

Wulffe 11-26-2012 08:06 AM

New champ crafter, eh? Let me start by linking you here: Building a Better Champion guide For Dummies. It'll give you some things to think about when overall designing a champion.

As for Cambio here...

His lore is too abrupt in my opinion. not a bad start but there could be a bit more to it. And more mystery. ;) Where it sits I read it as Cambio showing up and going 'Here I am, accept me. NOW!' Nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't make for a good story.

I like the concept of his passive. Not sure of how viable it'd be unless I saw it first hand. In some cases he may not live long enough for it to be useful. :X

Same with his Q, assuming all demons have spawned. This could be OP or UP depending on the enemy team's build. You could easily turn a 5v5 into a 5v5+ if the Cambio player knows what he's doing. With that, do the demons spawn from minions/creeps as well? If not, feel free to ignore this that part. Not a bad ability in my opinion.

I'd recommend switching W and E abilities as W is generally reserved for the self buff ability. In that case W (Location of Change) is alright but it's too similar to Ezreal's W. Both are teleports, both do damage when jumping. I feel it is missing a unique flare to it. Perhaps you could add something to it? I.e. a passive/innate ability or additional effect?

E (Field of Change). I am all for simultaneously damaging enemies and healing allies. It is a concept I've used in a few of my champs as well. This ability is Wulffe approved!

R...honestly I expected another change name. Hehe. I like this ability. It's like Cassiopeia's ultimate but not. Used in tandem with each other those two would make many players ragequit after being hitting with that combo a few times. xP

I also think he could use a few more quotes but overall not a bad first champ. Better than most I've seen out there and trust me when I saw that I have seen a lot of...horrible...horrible....HORRIBLE first time champs. Cambio is not amongst them!

My only recommendation is to make the layout easier to read via coding (bolds, highlights, quotes, etc). Give him some stats, maybe some role tags and an item recommendation list.

Void22 11-26-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZALAR (Hozzászólás 31825698)
W + R can deals tons of damage to the enemy team
Also the passive is a little bit strong but still acceptable
R is really a interesting spell. Can it make enemies attack each other?

Yes R can make enemies attack each other. However, so as not to make it OP, they attack the nearest unit regardless of affiliation.

Void22 11-26-2012 02:39 PM

Wulffe, first of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to review my champion and write all that. Now for the changes(pun intended). The passive is designed to give him some sustain and poke protection. For the Q, yes it does work on minions. However, it only turns them into demons if it kills them, they last only a short time and they have a cap. He can't turn an entire wave into demons. As for the W and E, I have changed their positions and gave Location Change something which I hope you find unique. I see what I can do about role and items though I would appreaciate if someone could help me with the stat numbers. I will try and make some quotes. Suggestions as to what would be helpful. I also bumbed up the lore, tell me what you think of it. Thank again for the help.

Wulffe 11-26-2012 04:36 PM

W is now the offspring of X champion's teleport and Urgot's ultimate. :X If you are to keep it as-is it'll likely need two sets of cooldowns. If targeting a champion it needs to be a significantly higher cooldown but keeping it as is or lowering it if targeting the ground.

Everything else looks good to me. Unfortunately I can't help with balancing numbers. What I do is I'll find similar abilities (even if very remotely similar) and bomb around the cost and damage. Someone generally comes along and corrects me later if they're too low or high. xP

The only quote suggestion I would have is for a joke: "So I bought this item from the vendor and told the shopkeeper to keep the change."

Void22 11-26-2012 06:03 PM

Wullfe,
I changed Location Change and gave it a passive. Please let me know what you think. Also great guide, thanks for the link. Also added a joke that used the second meaning of change. Not quite the one you suggest but close enough I think.