League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Dominion not fun anymore :( (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2824291)

Chanceston 11-21-2012 02:04 AM

Dominion not fun anymore :(

I used to play it all the time when I was sick of SR....but now....

with Revive on almost everyone.....
and Blackfire Torch on every AP....

Just not fun......

Guess I'll wait til S3???

WaterD103 11-21-2012 02:16 AM

Yes I hope both are gone, I barely play now, specially now that i know there won't be ranked. However still expecting AT LEAST they will remove revive and make bot more fun so I can occasionally play at weekends.

DiscworldDeath 11-21-2012 02:21 AM

To me revive exemplifies why Dominion is fun, honestly.

What's boring? Sitting at base, waiting for 30 seconds for a bit more gold, waiting for my 50 seconds long death timers.

What is interesting is playing, being active, being part of the action.

Revive cuts down on the death timer. The speed boost helps me return to the action faster.

Revive is the perfect example of why I like Dominion.

DG Denz Brujah 11-21-2012 02:30 AM

Revive is to CS what Flash is to SR .... It's the current meta and there have been numerous threads depicting the pro's/cons of this item. So it basically comes down to choice. You choose to use it or not.

I also remember a time when there was a huge uproar over the prevalence of Flash use in SR to the point that it was nerfed ... how do you nerf a Summoners spell that can only be used twice during your average game (and even then you have to spend a mastery point on it to get the full benefit of the spell and a chance at possibly using it a third time during the game)

Redenbacher 11-21-2012 04:20 AM

Are you kidding? I haven't had this much fun with Dominion since a month after it's release.

My biggest concern is no longer bruisers! In fact, it's equally that AP with BFT and his bruiser buddies.

I can play an AP again and feel effective!

This has been AWESOME for Dominion. Yea, Teemo is aggravating, but I crushed him with MORDEKAISER and had a BLAST doing it. (FoN handily countered the damage from his BFT, and my BFT made my ultimate that much more powerful. I loved every moment of it... because Teemo.)

The answer to fixing Dominion was appropriate itemization, I've known it all along. I'm so glad it's finally happening.

As for revive... well, it's revive! If you weren't playing Dominion, you'd be playing SR or TT and be forced to use Flash... so, pick your poison. I think Revive is a lot more 'fun' than flash, and DiscworldDeath did a good job detailing why (as usual).

Stick with it! Give some good feedback! BFT is getting nerfed next patch! Enjoy playing your favorite AP for the meantime!

FOODFOOD 11-21-2012 05:30 AM

As someone that has always hated Teemo with an undying, fiery passion, I am not having fun in Dominion right now.

Go away Teemo, no one likes you.

FDru 11-21-2012 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denz Brujah (Hozzászólás 31667618)
Revive is to CS what Flash is to SR .... It's the current meta and there have been numerous threads depicting the pro's/cons of this item. So it basically comes down to choice. You choose to use it or not.

I also remember a time when there was a huge uproar over the prevalence of Flash use in SR to the point that it was nerfed ... how do you nerf a Summoners spell that can only be used twice during your average game (and even then you have to spend a mastery point on it to get the full benefit of the spell and a chance at possibly using it a third time during the game)

You don't lose SR because you don't have Flash. There are other viable options. Everyone takes Flash partly because it counters Flash, and because they're sheep. The only champs that arguably "need" Flash are glass cannon champions, and specific champions that are gimped without that repositioning tool.

On Dom if you don't have Revive you're going to lose map control from the very start, almost guaranteed. Revive turns bad plays into complete and total turnarounds that put the enemy team in a losing position... just because your team all failed simultaneously and hit a button. That's just retarded.

FioraIsMaiWaifu 11-21-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDru (Hozzászólás 31669830)
You don't lose SR because you don't have Flash. There are other viable options. Everyone takes Flash partly because it counters Flash, and because they're sheep. The only champs that arguably "need" Flash are glass cannon champions, and specific champions that are gimped without that repositioning tool.

On Dom if you don't have Revive you're going to lose map control from the very start, almost guaranteed. Revive turns bad plays into complete and total turnarounds that put the enemy team in a losing position... just because your team all failed simultaneously and hit a button. That's just retarded.

Well said.

I think the biggest problem with Revive is that people think there is a choice, but the correct move is to always have Revive. I think the simplest fix to this would be to just give everyone Revive as a separate button that does the exact same thing as Revive does. This frees up a Summoner spell while placing everyone on a level playing field. It also eliminates a false choice.

I would hate to be in Riot's position. Balancing the game around Summoner spells seems difficult to say the least.

Purpleskoal 11-21-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacie (Hozzászólás 31671933)
Well said.

I think the biggest problem with Revive is that people think there is a choice, but the correct move is to always have Revive. I think the simplest fix to this would be to just give everyone Revive as a separate button that does the exact same thing as Revive does. This frees up a Summoner spell while placing everyone on a level playing field. It also eliminates a false choice.

I would hate to be in Riot's position. Balancing the game around Summoner spells seems difficult to say the least.

Revive needs to be removed just as they did with teleport, not given to everyone by default.

urmamasllama 11-21-2012 09:48 AM

Why is everyone alsways so binary on this topic. Revive is good for the health of dominion the problems is in its current state its way too strong. Have you guys just forgotten nerfs are an option?