League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Got a Time Ban, I want my chat muted from now on. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2821232)

Rathi 11-20-2012 06:31 AM

Got a Time Ban, I want my chat muted from now on.

It's pretty obvious to me that someone is always going to make me angry and I won't be able to keep my emotions under control and not call them out with harassing comments. So I want my chat privileges revoked before I end up getting myself a permaban. I don't understand how I can be punished for harassing people when they have the ability to mute me, if I was feeding, not helping, or throwing the game I could understand. I do my best to win every game and if harassing people is my only problem then I want that to be fixed with my chat being taken away.

G5 GT 11-20-2012 06:35 AM

unfortunately, me too -.-

Redjik 11-20-2012 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rathi (Hozzászólás 31635667)
It's pretty obvious to me that someone is always going to make me angry and I won't be able to keep my emotions under control and not call them out with harassing comments. So I want my chat privileges revoked before I end up getting myself a permaban. I don't understand how I can be punished for harassing people when they have the ability to mute me, if I was feeding, not helping, or throwing the game I could understand. I do my best to win every game and if harassing people is my only problem then I want that to be fixed with my chat being taken away.

And I meet you with:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyte (Hozzászólás 27540071)
Why is verbal abuse punishable if there is a mute button/language filter?
Players shouldn’t need to rely on features like the mute button or language filter to engage with other players in positive ways. When a player verbally abuses another player and forces him to use the mute button, they have already created a negative experience for that player.

I'd also like to add that this has been asked before, and while I should point out that this is the equivalent of mommy needing to hold your hand to cross the street, I'll just skip to the point: They do not do this under any circumstances. Learn to abide by the rules or get banned, get banned again, and eventually get perm banned.

That's your two choices.

LargeSnorlax 11-20-2012 07:05 AM

Last I heard, typing wasn't something that is forced upon you - You're kinda responsible for what you type.

Also, post your report card. :p

Rathi 11-20-2012 07:17 AM

Negative experience? Are they not creating a negative experience for me and everyone else on the team when they feed, harass, or throw games? I react to those situations in a negative manner and therefore create more negativity for everyone. I don't start in lobby harassing everyone, I react poorly to the inability of others to understand how to play the game. If the ignore feature is not there to prevent you from being harassed, what is the use of it? Why not just remove it from the game entirely?

I don't need my mother to hold my hand to cross the street but I heard this was the internet, where people are not in person to person contact with one another and such a feature could go a long way in preventing people from being harassed, what do you think is going to be easier, limiting my chat functions or me suddenly being hit with a lightning bolt of patience, invoking the need to treat everyone with an absurd amount of respect they don't really deserve.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/5960341/

King of Daventry 11-20-2012 07:25 AM

You don't need to give everyone "an absurd amount of respect they don't really deserve" you just need to not be an *******.

LargeSnorlax 11-20-2012 07:29 AM

Game #1 - No idea. Enemy spite report it looks like.

Game #2 - Dick to Wukong who you obviously didn't like - Enemy (?) reported you. No idea.

Game #3 - Annnd this might be why you're banned. Constant abuse of your team AND the enemy team in all chat. Trash, pathetic, dont play again, blah blah blah. Actually surprised only one person reported you, since you were a dick to everyone.

Game #4 - You harass udyr, threaten to afk and say "I'm done". Again, more ranting and raving.

Game #5 - More ranting, more raving - not as bad as game #3-4 though.

Not sure what I would've done here. Game 1-2 were literally nothing, Games 3-4 were pretty damn bad. Game 5 was meh.

Could've gone either way, but I think community would've read Game 3 and punished it hard.

Koelio 11-20-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rathi (Hozzászólás 31635667)

I say own your own behavior and stop blaming others for it.