League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   PVP.net Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Kick People who are AFK or DC in Champ Select in Ranked (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2820350)

HoboTeddy 11-19-2012 09:19 PM

Kick People who are AFK or DC in Champ Select in Ranked

I'm sure this has been posted a thousand thousand times before, but it just happened to me for the first time (11th ranked game ever). One of our teammates was disconnected in the champion select before it was his turn. He was randomed into Olaf and only able to return 15 minutes into the game. Of course, though the rest of us won our lanes pretty well before he returned, once the teamfights started we got stomped hard. So I, along with the rest of my innocent team, lost ELO. Lost 36 ELO in my case.

Now, my question is, why not kick people who are AFK or DC in champion select? Save the other four members of their team. Don't give 5 people an illegitimate win and 5 people an illegitimate loss when you could instead give *1* person an illegitimate leave.

He was sincerely sorry and did his best when he returned, but it was a lost cause at that point. Sure, now you can argue that the law of large numbers states that everyone will face an equal number of these situations on both sides and the ELO levels out, but we can all agree that these situations are still ****ty as hell and we want to put an end to them.

Kick people who are AFK or DC in champ select in ranked games. Please. For the rest of us, please.

RiotKiddington 11-20-2012 12:55 AM

I understand your frustration and I agree this is an issue. I already have a design on how to address this problem. I will see if I can prioritize improvement on this section of game loop early next year.

The Hellsage 11-20-2012 05:06 AM

Hey Kiddington, I'm studying game development in college, and I'm always curious about how these systems work. I know you probably can't go into specifics, but would you be willing at all to explain how you would fix the issue at hand?

Feel free to use whatever jargon you want, chances are I either a) know it myself or b) have friends in my major that can define them for me.

/curiousdevintraining

EDIT: Not that it makes a difference, but if anyone wants to know, I'm studying at RIT in New York. One of the top 10 game design & development programs in the country (and it has a master's too)! /shamelessplug

Monomus 11-20-2012 05:58 AM

@RiotKiddington,

I agree, but why not broaden this to just a "Vote to Kick" feature, even if it's just for ranked. I mean I've started plenty of games with afks and those are bad enough, but the amount of trolls who rage if they don't get a certain champ or lane is enormous. At least allow a majority vote to kick them. I would assume if this was added it would be similar to the report system, wherein you would have to list a justifiable reason for kicking. And to keep it balanced and prevent unfair kicking, you don't even need to give a wait after a kick. If someone is wrongly kicked they can just start a new game. If someone is a troll they'll just keep getting kicked and will never find a game, and will keep getting reported. Its a win-win. I just think this is an overall good way to sift through the people who damage the community on a daily basis.

HoboTeddy 11-21-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotKiddington (Hozzászólás 31631069)
I understand your frustration and I agree this is an issue. I already have a design on how to address this problem. I will see if I can prioritize improvement on this section of game loop early next year.

Thank you for your response! This is exactly what I was hoping for. It's very encouraging to hear that this is a recognized issue and you're working on a way to solve it. I hope the eventual implementation of your solution goes well!

JemiloII 11-22-2012 07:19 AM

that used to be the case in season 1, season one the game didn't start with a disconnect, idk why season 2 did

RiotKiddington 11-22-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JemiloII (Hozzászólás 31705764)
that used to be the case in season 1, season one the game didn't start with a disconnect, idk why season 2 did

Because in Season 2 we implemented a reconnect feature. Large amount of player who DCed during loading can quickly get back into the game. If such feature do not exist, then people can just DC in order to disband the game...

ploki122 11-22-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotKiddington (Hozzászólás 31714449)
Because in Season 2 we implemented a reconnect feature. Large amount of player who DCed during loading can quickly get back into the game. If such feature do not exist, then people can just DC in order to disband the game...

If the group finder is implemented, I really wish that it becomes optional... I don't really want to queue twice to have slightly less chances of falling on a troll...

Rico Devega 11-22-2012 02:14 PM

Why not make the game kick someone when they "Hard Random"? If the client is able to identify when someone is forced to lock in whether they're connected or not, then those who would have hard randomed from a connection issue could be exempt from the half hour re-queue. Those who hard random with no connection issue are kicked out for the full half hour penalty... they signaled they were ready to be involved in the game.

I see entirely too much of people leaving the game to hard random them in because someone chose their lane or they want someone to leave so they can play with a friend, but also when someone goes afk during champ select. All three of these things should probably be avoided... would this solution be possible/probable?

Vigilance Prime 11-22-2012 03:19 PM

Yes i absolutely agree with RICO if it defaults to hard random KICK THEM. No reason they should hard random in ranked.