League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Bug Reports (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How to Report a bug (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2819702)

Dannamoth 11-19-2012 06:02 PM

How to Report a bug

What helps us quickly find and fix bugs:

The subject(title) of the post should contain succinct information about the issue. The body of your post should include how the bug happened and contain any and all information about what happened when you experience the bug. If it’s an issue related at all to graphics or performance you should upload your DxDiag file with your post. This file shows us what hardware and driver versions you are using.

Example:
If Anivia is stunned when she dies her passive does not trigger.
1. Pick Anivia and a champion that can stun, Sion for example
2. Get Anivia low enough to where a stun and auto attack from Sion would kill her
3. Have Sion stun Anivia and then kill her while she is stunned
4. Notice that Anivia is now dead and her passive is still available to be used.

I had a Deathcap and mercury treads as items. Sion killed me with a lichbane proc. I hadn’t died yet that game. Here is a screen shot of it happening: <link to awesome screen shot would be here>

Why is this helpful to us?
It allows us to more quickly identify why things are broken and will expedite the process for getting a bug fixed. The information that’s most important to us is how you got to the ‘bugged’ or ‘broken’ state and what other things were happening when the bug occurred. It is also helpful to have an idea of how frequently you experience the bug.

Instructions on how to obtain a DxDiag file

Where to find your game logs

Zha Kix 11-19-2012 06:16 PM

ok

LoLPro Rubysea 11-19-2012 08:47 PM

Would including video be an option as well?

Dannamoth 11-20-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubysea Net (Hozzászólás 31625664)
Would including video be an option as well?

Videos are even better than screen shots!

Gerbiez 11-23-2012 08:31 PM

okay thanks!

B4C0N and 3GGz 11-25-2012 10:27 AM

How do i actually SEND THEM THE BUG REPORT

medcitymissile 11-28-2012 06:55 AM

Would it be possible for riot to add a feature where they could put a stamp on threads they have actually seen? Specifically in the bug reports forum. A lot of times when players report a bug they want to see it through to the end and can become somewhat frustrated when they feel like they are being ignored. If you had away to show that you've seen the problem i think it would help.

Dannamoth 11-29-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B4C0N and 3GGz (Hozzászólás 31800717)
How do i actually SEND THEM THE BUG REPORT

You can post it in these forums. You can also use a player support ticket and make it clear that you're reporting a bug.

USnip 11-29-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannamoth (Hozzászólás 31924726)
You can post it in these forums. You can also use a player support ticket and make it clear that you're reporting a bug.

not a software developer... is this a good system...? seems kinda sketch

xXRIPJAWXx 11-29-2012 12:11 PM

ya