League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   @Riot Opening up an in-game trade interface for skins (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2819508)

Gray 11-19-2012 05:13 PM

@Riot Opening up an in-game trade interface for skins

Lately there has been an influx of "2k upvotes for skin trade HELP PLSSS" threads for whatever reason, I'm guessing some people have been granted a skin trade and it caught the attention of GD. In my opinion, it would be a great addition to League of Legends, of course with a limit of perhaps 1 or 2 trades. Many people can't get skins they want, and the skins are sometimes left unused by the people who own them. It's a shame~

I would like to propose a way to implement this idea. Have a separate tab for "Marketplace" or "Trade Market" where players can put their skin up for sale their skin by using a interface designed for this feature.
-Players would be able to put in daily/weekly auctions for RP at the cost of (xx) RP. Skins would be limited to Limited Edition and Legacy Skins.
Skins can either be set to a certain price or set in bidding format (Bidding to be discussed, as it could potentially turn into inflation)
-Players would be able to put a skin in a Trading house where players can request a trade for a certain skin(s). Will be a weekly or daily cost of RP in order to post a request.
Players must already have the skins in order to trade.
-Players would be able to make a "thread" inside the Trading House in which they can make a title requesting a skin-trade in which the creator can check messages and reply back. Should there be a trade that the original thread creator would like to do that is offered by someone who has posted in his thread, the thread creator can start a "Private Skin-Trade" with that person.
  • An alternative to these daily/weekly RP/IP costs would be a one time fee of [XXX] RP for full access into the "Marketplace/Trade Market"

Going by the trade-threads model I've seen so far, I would like to request the help of GD by having this thread hit 2k up-votes to get the attention of Riot!

This topic is fully open to discussion

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maelstrom147 (Hozzászólás 31618517)
The number of limited skins in the game won't change. It's just that a few more of them will see use and get owners who want them more. I buy some legacy skins just because they aren't permanent. Doesn't mean that I adore them and I would gladly trade two or three of them for legacy skins that I do want.

Gray 11-19-2012 05:18 PM

Bump

Saber Nero 11-19-2012 05:21 PM

I was just about to make a thread for skins, actually.

Gray 11-19-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bombadierin Bird (Hozzászólás 31618010)
I was just about to make a thread for skins, actually.

Anything you wish to contribute? (:

Claw of Time 11-19-2012 05:23 PM

How will friends not abuse this?

Annapii 11-19-2012 05:24 PM

My recommendation.

I've seen Riot express concern that this would allow hackers to hack into your account and gift all your skins away. And that people might stock up on limited/legacy skins (on smurfs?) to sell for profit later.

So we could have it be like the refund tokens? Three tokens, one used up every trade, only three.

/shrug

Gray 11-19-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claw of Time (Hozzászólás 31618108)
How will friends not abuse this?

Can you elaborate please?

nuggleberries 11-19-2012 05:25 PM

this will ruin the skins to me. some are meant to be limited for that reason.

Gray 11-19-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annapii (Hozzászólás 31618146)
My recommendation.

I've seen Riot express concern that this would allow hackers to hack into your account and gift all your skins away. And that people might stock up on limited/legacy skins (on smurfs?) to sell for profit later.

So we could have it be like the refund tokens? Three tokens, one used up every trade, only three.

/shrug

This system could work as well. I proposed a RP purchase system in order to appeal to Riot. In my experience hackers are rare and can be dealt with through customer service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuggleberries (Hozzászólás 31618183)
this will ruin the skins to me. some are meant to be limited for that reason.

The amount flying around will still be the same, just on different accounts. Although I do see where you're coming from, it is more of a bragging factor of having played during a special time or having this super rare skin is unobtainable now and that would be ripped to shreds since money would rule that issue. In that case trading legacy/limited editions for legacy/limited editions would be an option

KingofMaelstroms 11-19-2012 05:34 PM

The number of limited skins in the game won't change. It's just that a few more of them will see use and get owners who want them more. I buy some legacy skins just because they aren't permanent. Doesn't mean that I adore them and I would gladly trade two or three of them for legacy skins that I do want.