League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   As an active tribunal member. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2819377)

Lord Angry 11-19-2012 04:45 PM

As an active tribunal member.

All of these posts about unfair bans, or no warning, or not taking circumstances into account, listen up.

That's absurd. I have equal pardons and punishes on my list all the time, with a 94.1% accuracy on my judgement, which is only not 100% because I would have forgiven a few people that others chose to punish.
When you are reviewed, I'm reading every word, teammates' and yours. I pull from context, if only one game in 4 reports has you legit mad, and it purely reactionary because someone rages at you, I make sure you don't stand out anywhere else, and I'll usually pardon you. We all get mad and swear.
If you use a homophobic slur, racial slur or "afk" that's basically it. I will read the rest of your case but that is worth a ban.
If you ask for honor, say "report plz" when someone is just having a bad game( and yes, I can tell when someone has given up and when someone is still trying to cs, ward, and push with the timers, their team role and gold earned) or is legit feeding. That is one of the toughest to call, because sometimes its merited. Generally speaking, I'd you call for a report before the game ends, and you're losing your **** at the chat, I'm gonna say you deserve a punish because you are making the game miserable.
Which is basically the whole point.
If I had to play with or against you, would I have a good time on average? That's what I'm trying to find out. I don't have the ability to post a note saying "hey, just give this guy a warning" so it all falls under a punish. If you try to be a fun person to play with, you will never get punished for having a rough game, and your demeaner will prevent any other reasons from surfacing.

Edit: gonna add this on, if you've been warned or banned, go use the tribunal, vote on stuff, and see what gets passed. Quickest way to learn, you get 20 references of Tolerable behaviours in a day.

Tigrian 11-19-2012 04:47 PM

Though I agree with you, and largely feel the same way, I expect a ton of downvotes inc :(

Lord Angry 11-19-2012 04:49 PM

Men, I mostly just didn't want to type that out in all the like, ten or so posts I've seen today.

Lord Angry 11-19-2012 04:55 PM

I'm gonna bump this cause I think a lot of people would benefit from Reading it

Also, I'm gonna suggest that if you got banned, go try the tribunal, vote, and seeif what you think is acceptable would get someone else banned

Lord Angry 11-19-2012 05:02 PM

Bump, and lollin at some of my autocorrect issues.

Lord Angry 11-19-2012 05:12 PM

Keep getting likes, gonna keep bump in

Lord Angry 11-19-2012 05:28 PM

Save a smurf, stop the rage!

Lord Angry 11-19-2012 05:38 PM

Aaaaand bump for edir

pochoclotot 11-19-2012 05:44 PM

I'd go on a limb and say you should try the tribunal not after you get banned but whenever you have a losing streak or find yourself raging often. Seeing the sort of behaviour that usually gets reported I believe can get most people to reform.

I agree with you on pretty much everything though, must-read if you think you were wronged by the Tribunal.

Lord Angry 11-19-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pochoclotot (Hozzászólás 31618905)
I agree with you on pretty much everything though, must-read if you think you were wronged by the Tribunal.

:D