League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "Pick order", "Role Call", neither work and both just result in solo-queue arguments (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2818993)

Penakoto 11-19-2012 03:12 PM

"Pick order", "Role Call", neither work and both just result in solo-queue arguments

Before anyone comments, note that my experiences come from Draft. Not Ranked, not Blind.

Anyways, I don't know if it's my 'secret ELO' or whatever, or if it's just a recent trend, but lately I've been have a LOT of problems getting a good game going in solo queue. All of my problems revolve around how people are going about choosing the roles they're playing in the game.

Seems like there's two different methods that people consider the ways that roles are given out. Pick order, and calling the role.

But, rarely is either what everyone agrees on. One guy will call ADC, for example, then a guy who has an earlier pick will say "No, it goes by pick order" and then he'll lock in as Graves or Ezreal or someone who commonly ADCs.

What follows, usually... **** STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORM

Fighting, arguing, name calling, baiting people into dodging with troll picks, as close to anarchy as text can get.

There has to be a better way. I'm not gonna put out a bunch of examples, I just wanted to say, this is a huge problem, and there's gotta be a solution that Riot could think of.

Also: How about being able to report people before a match? Or at least, have whats said and done there show up in the Tribunal. Seems that's where a lot of bad attitude has been moved to.

Examples:

Game 1: Bottom Pick wants ADC, top pick locks in Varus without saying a word after the bans are done, bottom pick player cusses him out, they start arguing with each other, someone who isn't either of them or me dodges.

Game 2: One guy calls mid, another guy calls mid right afterwards. Second guy to call mid throws a fit basically, demands mid, threatens to report the first guy, then picks an AP Carry for mid regardless. First guy to call mid, dodges.

Game 3: 2 people call top, they argue, guy with the top pick who isn't either of the two who calls pick, locks in as... I think it was Jax, then calls top like the other two don't exist. Three way ****storm. This time, I'm the one who dodges.

This doesn't just happen 'once in awhile' it happens one, two sometimes THREE times before I can even get a match going. I'm lucky if I can go from one match, to another, without this happening to some degree. It's ridiculous, it feels like it's more work getting a game going than actually playing.

If anyone from Riot reads this, please, at the very least, can you acknowledge whether or not you even consider this to be a problem? Even if you have no ideas or plans for a solution, if you even think a solution isn't needed.

TL;DR : People seem to fight over what role they want in solo-queue way too often, and nobody ever seems to agree on whether to go by calling the roles, or by what the pick order is. It takes far too long to get into a game with all of this fighting, followed by me or someone else dodging.

Penakoto 11-19-2012 03:20 PM

Bump

Penakoto 11-19-2012 03:24 PM

Bump?

Hellioning 11-19-2012 03:26 PM

I agree, there needs to be either a pre-match report button or some way to report someone without having to play a game with them.

On the other hand, I'm not sure what Riot can do in this case.

Penakoto 11-19-2012 03:26 PM

Bump...

Penakoto 11-19-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellioning (Hozzászólás 31613105)
I agree, there needs to be either a pre-match report button or some way to report someone without having to play a game with them.

On the other hand, I'm not sure what Riot can do in this case.

At the very LEAST.

People will **** talk each other like crazy before a match, and there's nothing you can really do about it. I've been called all sorts of things before a match, or seen someone get called something, and then they're sweet as angels when the actual game starts because they KNOW that's where it 'matters'.

NeoLlama 11-19-2012 03:29 PM

this has been a problem for months maybe years now. Riot other than a single post by Tamat has not taken an official stance on it and therefor it would be tough to punish people for something that riot won't even admit is against the rules.

Penakoto 11-19-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoLlama (Hozzászólás 31613233)
this has been a problem for months maybe years now. Riot other than a single post by Tamat has not taken an official stance on it and therefor it would be tough to punish people for something that riot won't even admit is against the rules.

What does the post say? I'm curious to find out, even if it's from years ago or something.

IAmDC 11-19-2012 03:32 PM

Why doesnt pick order work?

Imo, pick order DOES work...What doesnt, is the maturity level of the players.

Riot cant fix stupid. They cant make a player lock in a specific role. Nothing can be done I dont think...

The problem is the players, not the system.

A mature player who wants to win the game, will do what he need to do. So if he needs to support, he'll support, or dodge.

I rather have a player that dodges because they dont want to support, than a player who trolls and picks in the role he wants when that role is filled.

Feel me?

Drakkar 11-19-2012 03:35 PM

I also notice this, & have actualy been reported because i used an slanderous word near the beginging of the game just because they would trash talk before hand. It's a bit anoying & i wish riot would be able to hold the logs of prematch games, but it's very iffy because of the way things are set up.

Our best hope at the moment is to just hope that enough people don't do this & it catches on.