League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Display Driver Crash (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2818705)

mc magic 18 11-19-2012 01:55 PM

Display Driver Crash

TL;DR at bottom

Hello, Recently I have been having some problems with LoL crashing during games.

What happens is that at any time, sometimes 30 seconds into a game when nothing is happening, or 45 minutes into a game during a huge teamfight, my computer completely freezes and a static audio is emitted. I am not able to alt-tab, cntr-alt-del or anything. My only solution is to completely restart my computer. Also, I believe that the audio is just a messed up loops of the sound from the game because it comes from my headphones if I plug them in, not the actual computer.

This problem occurs about once every 5 games and almost guarantees a loss because I got DCed for about 5 minutes.

I made sure that my display driver is up to date but that doesn't seem to matter. My next step is setting my fps max to 30 (usually hovers around 60) to see if less strain will make a difference. Does anyone know any other solutions to this problem? I'm playing on a pretty subpar laptop and don't know if upgrading it is possible, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

TL;DR
My laptop freezes every once in a while during game and think it is my display driver failing. Will setting a max fps help or is there anything else I can do?

Thank you for any consideration. I hope to see you on summoner's rift with no computer issues in the near future.

BlackPharoah 11-19-2012 09:18 PM

Bump. I am in the same boat. This has to be something new. I have almost exactly the same issues as described above. This hasn't happened before a week or two ago and I've played LoL on a much worse comp than the one i'm currently on. Help would be greatly appreciated. Riot Plz. At least help us identify a problem so we can start working on it.

Shouting Nord 11-25-2012 04:01 PM

So it's not just me that has recently started crashing 5 minutes into the game with an error saying "NVIDIA Display Driver has stopped responding and has successfully recovered"?

Because yesterday, my 2nd game of the day and my video blacked out and I hit Alt+Tab to desktop, with an error saying the driver has stopped responding. Then it blacked out again...then again, more frequently until my entire system was unresponsive, game audio kept playing though (ping sounds, etc.)

Restarted PC, then relogged, about 10 sec into game, same thing, it blacked out, only this time, audio stopped and looped on its buffer, which tells me it actually froze the system that time. I am afraid to play another game and tired of / worried about having to hard shut it all the time. What seems to be the problem?

I currently have the current version of NVIDIA display driver software now (non-BETA) and I've been able to play other games (Skyrim, Dishonored, Fallout 3, BioShock, etc.) with no errors for hours long. I know temps for a fact are not the problem. If I could run said games without issues, then LoL is most certainly not putting a strain on my system.

PC Specs (if these help any):
-----------------------------------------------------------------
- AMD Quad-Core A8-3820 Processor @ 2.5 GHz
- 8GB DDR3 RAM
- 1TB HDD
- GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 560Ti 2GB GDDR5 @ Core: 822MHz; RAM: 2004MHz (1,025 mV)

kuraitenshi93 03-20-2013 06:02 AM

I am having the same problem except my computer completely crashes.

Brian Core 03-23-2013 09:03 AM

Bumping

I have the same problem as well and I did check for adequate air flow on my graphics card AND updated my drivers to the most recent possible. I have played other games and never had this issue occurr in any other game than in League. It is something on Riot's end in their files that is making my graphics card drivers fail.

Specs
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo E7300 @2.66 GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB
Graphics card: EVGA NVIDIA e-GeForce 8800 GTS

Lorlen 03-23-2013 09:10 AM

I'm having exactly the same problem, I can't play any games anymore as I'll just crash. I've played other games for hours on end, no crashes, but a single game of League and I have to restart my computer. I was considering buying more RP, but since I can't use it, I won't until the problem is resolved.
See Riot? You're losing money from this! Fix it!

Brian Core 03-26-2013 05:29 PM

Bumping so Riot can see this and do something about it

Lorlen 03-27-2013 11:33 AM

Bump.
I'm not completely sure about this, but I believe that I only crash every other game. So it would be something like this "Start comp, play game 1. Play game 2, crash partway through. Restart computer, play game 1, play game 2, crash partway through." Again, not completely sure about this, will be testing to make sure my theory is correct.

FlaccidSpoon 09-08-2013 08:23 PM

Bump.
Also having the same problem. Going to check if league is causing gpu to over heat.

Highlord Arson 09-08-2013 11:17 PM

Been happening for me ever since Patch 3.9, it got better for a while, then started up again after 3.11.