League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   2 bad matches out of 5? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2818245)

Fryke 11-19-2012 11:31 AM

2 bad matches out of 5?

Alright so I'd like an honest opinion about this case. I was pretty much a ****** the first two matches and I recognize that. But the third game I never said anything directly offensive, the fourth game I said nothing directly offensive except for "fking lucky *******" in the very beginning, and the last game no one said anything at all and I came away with the best score on my team.

Overall, in my opinion 2 out of those 5 games were considered 'punishable'. Hell the last game looked like just a random report from someone on the enemy team for no reason. And yet I'm filed to be punished, which really isn't a big deal because it's only a warning. But I'd still like some opinions from you guys on whether or not you would indeed punish someone based on 2/5 of a stupidly small piece of games that said person has played over the course of years.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5956259/#nogo

nothingxs 11-19-2012 11:33 AM

1 out of the 5 games could be punishable, and the Tribunal is told to vote punish in that case.

We're not here to judge whether you were "mostly toxic," we're here to judge whether you were toxic at all, and if so, to punish.

Sereg Anfaug 11-19-2012 11:33 AM

Correct. One of five is enough. Two of five is more then enough.

Fryke 11-19-2012 11:34 AM

So am I correct in thinking that you will punish someone if they get pissed off or goaded into aggression in one single match out of thousands?

Because with that attitude there's no reason to have a "Pardon" button at all.

Ladayen 11-19-2012 11:35 AM

Just to clarify those 5 games were only a random sample of games you were reported in. There were many other games that didn't get shown.

EDIT: Just saw above post.

Depends on how they retaliate. A flippant comment or two is likely going to be forgiven assuming it's not a slur. If you keep an argument going throughout the rest of the match you become just as toxic as the instigator.

DebosBike 11-19-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fryke (Hozzászólás 31604576)
Alright so I'd like an honest opinion about this case. I was pretty much a ****** the first two matches and I recognize that. But the third game I never said anything directly offensive, the fourth game I said nothing directly offensive except for "fking lucky *******" in the very beginning, and the last game no one said anything at all and I came away with the best score on my team.

Overall, in my opinion 2 out of those 5 games were considered 'punishable'. Hell the last game looked like just a random report from someone on the enemy team for no reason. And yet I'm filed to be punished, which really isn't a big deal because it's only a warning. But I'd still like some opinions from you guys on whether or not you would indeed punish someone based on 2/5 of a stupidly small piece of games that said person has played over the course of years.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5956259/#nogo

As this is a sampling of your games, that would suggest that out of every 5 games you play, 2 of them are punishable, and that is a lot of games to be disrupting.

nothingxs 11-19-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fryke (Hozzászólás 31604683)
So am I correct in thinking that you will punish someone if they get pissed off or goaded into aggression in one single match out of thousands?

There's plenty of cases where there's 4 games where there's absolutely nothing wrong.

If you let yourself get goaded into being aggressive, you ought to learn to use the mute and report functions, or you ought to learn how to reply in a way that isn't toxic, because being aggressive in return is not the answer.

Fryke 11-19-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebosBike (Hozzászólás 31604737)
As this is a sampling of your games, that would suggest that out of every 5 games you play, 2 of them are punishable, and that is a lot of games to be disrupting.

Except that the Tribunal only shows games where you've been reported in. Thus you aren't seeing the 10+ games between each of those in that report where I wasn't reported and I was a helpful encouraging player.

Calys Teneb 11-19-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fryke (Hozzászólás 31604683)

It depends on how bad the aggression is compared to the goading.

For example, I had a case where the reporter went off on the reportee during chat. Even though the player being reported wasn't an angel, the person who reported him was much more toxic. I pardoned the case.

However in your case, there's not much reason for me to be lenient.

Fryke 11-19-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nothingxs (Hozzászólás 31604764)
There's plenty of cases where there's 4 games where there's absolutely nothing wrong.

If you let yourself get goaded into being aggressive, you ought to learn to use the mute and report functions, or you ought to learn how to reply in a way that isn't toxic, because being aggressive in return is not the answer.

So then I'd like to know whether or not you would vote 'Punish' in that case where there is only one toxic game in the report and 4 that are not.