League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   30 minute dodger time. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2817707)

Zxro 11-19-2012 07:31 AM

30 minute dodger time.

So i joined a ranked 5s game, sat 3rd in lobby. I asked for top, but was told; 'stfu noob ******, i got pick before you.' I told him that i wouldn't mind playing something else, if he could tell me why he had to be so rude about it. He responded with more derogatory comments.

I dodged the game. There was no way i was going to spend the next 20 to 45 minutes in a game with this guy. And i am penalized with a 30 minute wait?

Riot, please allow players to log the pregame chat, report, and dodge free of charge. Why am i being punished for his indecency?

Scarrad 4 Life 11-19-2012 07:38 AM

What you're leaving out is what you're doing to 9 people. When you dodge, 9 others have to wait for another queue and get in to a new game. This put together adds up to being roughly the same 30min you're waiting.

iDaichi 11-19-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

dodge free of charge
Seriously? Think about it really hard, then think why riot would impose a dodge timer

Kniite 11-19-2012 07:40 AM

You have to realize that a 30 minute wait is not to be considered a penalty. It's a moderation system. Although the pregame chat log is a good idea, it cannot instantly resolve who's "guilty". We can't just let people dodge queue and no get any time delays, or else you'd see EVEN MORE dodges than you currently see (which is already too much IMO)

Eagle X D 11-19-2012 08:33 AM

it used to be elo loss.. live with the 30 minutes dude i lost 500 elo before i knew it put it down.. because i was stupid and dodged every time i thought i had a "troll" team and didnt even give them a chance.. sometimes you gotta give them a chance. Learn from my mistakes and dont complain about the 30 minutes

unshavencousin 11-19-2012 08:57 AM

Honestly i think that the timer should be a lot lower than it is now. I understand that it is there for a reason but everyone gets into the games where you need to leave. I'm not talking about the games where your team comp may not be exactly what you want but the games where you have the guy that only plays mid and you end up with 3 people in mid. While i dont want to wait a few extra minutes for a game because a person dodged i would rather wait those couple of minutes than a half an hour because there was a troll in my game.

Tom BombadiI 11-19-2012 09:00 AM

It would be impractical. :/

GFireflyE 11-20-2012 07:07 AM

30 min dodge penalty is excellant! Especially since no elo loss now.

One thing you are giving up by dodging though: You cannot report the aggressor.

Imo, report penalities in ranked matches, if proven guilty, should be MORE severe than in blind. This reduces the number of trolls in ranked.

The 30min dodge is a perfect example and works well relative to the 5min dodge in blind. Players are FAR less likely to dodge a ranked match because of it.