League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Looking for top ELO opinion on runes (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=28176)

Frugqles 11-23-2009 05:58 AM

Looking for top ELO opinion on runes

Currently my champions of choice seem to be, in order of most well played, Anavia - Annie - Malphite - Soraka

For my team my 2 choices are Anavia and Soraka, so those are the runes I want to focus on getting first. I play Anavia to stun/nuke/gank. Going Tear, Merc Tread, RoA asap.

For Soraka I'm fully support hitting 40% CD with items.

What are the most useful runes? My early game is great, I rarely die and manage to get off a lot of damage and kills champion and skill depending, but I still can't decide what runes would benefit me most.

As of now I have a Tier 3 run speed and a bunch of IP until I figure out where to do.

Deshi 11-23-2009 07:40 AM

I have no idea what my ELO is, and it's probably nowhere near top, so sorry if I'm not welcome in this thread, but I personally am enjoying the mana regen runes. I've got static mana regen in the red and blue slots, and per-level ones in the blues. At the moment it's allowing me to spam my abilities in the early game on casters and non-casters alike.

Nicelikerice 11-23-2009 07:43 AM

Clarity runes in blue are never a bad idea if you find yourself having mana troubles, and your also on the right track with the 40% CD runebook, though im not 100% sure thats what you want for soraka. One thing that i would suggest is getting some MR runes.

Ksielvin 11-23-2009 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicelikerice (Hozzászólás 311087)
Clarity runes in blue are never a bad idea if you find yourself having mana troubles, and your also on the right track with the 40% CD runebook, though im not 100% sure thats what you want for soraka. One thing that i would suggest is getting some MR runes.

For Soraka, cooldown reduction is effective mana regen. :p

Merovinge 11-23-2009 08:47 AM

Quints of movespeed are fine, health being the other common choice. Definitely want MR runes in atleast yellow slots, and potentially worth considering in other slots as well. Defensive runes seem to be popular among top players in general, with the exception of physical carries who certainly benefit from crit damage or ArP.

Frugqles 11-23-2009 09:45 AM

Where are you getting this information? Defensive runes would make sense, but how much benefit do you truly gain? +10-15 MR overall?

ColdBlooded 11-23-2009 09:58 AM

for soraka, you should be getting soul shroud and frozen heart, so -cd runes aren't necessary as the items put you at the 40% cap. I like MR, Armor, or dodge on soraka.

wildfire393 11-23-2009 10:17 AM

The thing I like the most on Soraka is static HP Regen. It allows you to put off taking Astral blessing for as long as possible, letting you take enough levels of Infuse/Starcall to be an effective early farmer/harasser. Static MP regen is also useful, but I find between Infuse and the Mana Manipulator that it's a bit overkill.

Blacksurt 11-23-2009 11:58 AM

as soraka you might want to consider stacking magic pen, i figure it would stack well with her starfall spam.

Pharmacologist 11-23-2009 01:32 PM

Magic resist runes are really a very good choice right now.

The health quints are great as well.

I personally am running a full t3 magic resist page at the moment. It works on every champion, is a good way to spend IP before you can afford runes for 5 custom pages, and is very strong in the current aoe gangbang metagame.