League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   At all the people who rage when the winning team says "GG" or "wp" (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2817344)

HeartlessXiao 11-19-2012 02:43 AM

At all the people who rage when the winning team says "GG" or "wp"

Stop overthinking it guys.

Almost no one intends to insult you or poke fun of the fact that you didn't play well or didn't have a good game. At best, it's a sign of sportsmanship, at worst, it's a silly routine that people go through regardless of the game outcome.

If you're getting butthurt over people saying "GG" or "wp," you have only yourself to blame.

ChivesMeister 11-19-2012 02:44 AM

People get mad at "gg noob" when they lose, so do I, makes me pissed to no end.

Zetasphere 11-19-2012 02:49 AM

I hate the internet sometimes. Let's make up reasons to be angry, even though those reasons are completely idiotic.

Pulsative 11-19-2012 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ras Da Bess (Hozzászólás 31594022)
People get mad at "gg noob" when they lose, so do I, makes me pissed to no end.

There is a big difference between just "gg" and "gg noob"
Imagine after football match when people were shaking hands and then one player says to every opponent: "Suck on that *****!" while shaking hands.

Saying gg is just common courtesy, people should take it as such. Just think of it as "thank you for playing this game" or something if you have to think some bigger meaning to it.

IS13c7fafe7804f7429d10e 11-19-2012 02:58 AM

Well, most people I asked why they type it (after a terribly lopsided match) said:

"because it pisses them off^^"
or
"it was cynical"

Only some said: "Dunno. I always type it."
So, yeah.

If I ask people in close games, the answer usually is along your lines.

HeartlessXiao 11-19-2012 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetasphere (Hozzászólás 31594073)
I hate the internet sometimes. Let's make up reasons to be angry, even though those reasons are completely idiotic.

Pretty much this.

Deldris 11-19-2012 03:34 AM

I always thought "gg" was like friendly handshake after a game.

I usually don't say it when the game was one sided unless the losing side says it first. Unless I'm on the losing side in which case I say it anyway for the above reason.

Xonra 11-19-2012 03:40 AM

I say good game or some equivalent regardless of what side I'm on or who won by how much. I'm used to it from playing magic the gathering years ago, from my time playing sports, from any game I have ever played. It was just proper etiquette to shake hands before the match and say good luck and regardless of the outcome or how much you wanted to kirby toss a table over, say good game and shake hands again after the fact.

IS149c9d0730e8b88ab7fc5 11-19-2012 03:44 AM

Wouldn't be surprised if some people made it to the tribunal over it.

Mattone 11-19-2012 03:45 AM

We all know GG actually means get good right?

No one ACTUALLY think it means good game...

Right?