League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   # of Rune pages 4 ranked? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2816671)

Dargaaz 11-18-2012 08:35 PM

# of Rune pages 4 ranked?

How many rune pages should I have before I begin jumping into ranked. I don't play all the time but I tend to buy champs rather than get good at the ones that I already own. I currently have AD and AP rune pages but they are kinda wonky b/c i made them forever ago. Let me know what you think! Thanks again.

TwistWrist 11-18-2012 08:58 PM

More concerned about how many champs you have. Especially if you just buy champs as oppose to getting good with your bought champs.

CowMeat 11-19-2012 01:49 AM

At least 3 pages. AD, AP, and support (with gp10 runes).

You may need a special rune page for your top laner and jungler (often attack speed), but it depends who you use.

You should have two champions for each role in case some of your champions are banned.

Some players will not agree with me, but you can run flat health quints, flat armor yellows, and flat MR blues successfully on most champs.

BStein 11-19-2012 10:57 AM

when i got into ranked i only had 3 full rune pages, these pages let me do pretty much every thing and let me fill more rolls decently.

physical damage
9x armor pen reds
9x armor yellows
9x magic res/lvl blues
attack damge quints

magic damage
9x magic pen reds
9x armor yellows
9x magic res/lvl blues
3x movement speed quints

support/tanky jungle
9x armor reds
9x armor yellows
9x magic res/lvl blues
3x gold/5 qints

these pages worked for me but depending on your play style u may want ad reds or ap blues and quints.

also before getting in to ranked make sure that you are comfortable playing every roll with a couple. diffrent champs

good luck in season 3

Sereg Anfaug 11-19-2012 11:03 AM

At least six rune pages - one for AD vs AD(bot or top), one for AP vs AP(mid or top), one for AD vs AP(usually exclusive to top), one for AP vs AD(also usually exclusive to top), one for supporting, and one for jungling(if you're limited, you can probably use the AD vs AD page for the jungle and be fairly effective). Fortunately, most of the runes used in these pages are useful in most of the other pages - a few sets should cover you pretty well.

The more pages you have, and the more different types of rune sets you have, the better, since you have many more options for customization, but I would definitely recommend at least the ones I've listed above before starting ranked.

Edit: At the post above, I'd recommended throwing some AP blues and MR yellows in the mix, especially for that AP page. However, on a budget, the ones you listed work just fine. Flat armor yellows and MR/level blues are in *alot* of my pages.