League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Who counters Vayne+ Taric (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2815677)

FreljordsFinest 11-18-2012 03:27 PM

Who counters Vayne+ Taric

So I decided to try my first ranked match of this season and I was support, the enemies chose Vayne+ Taric adn my adc chose Ashe, I own most of the supports but I could not for the life of me decide which to choose, I ended up choosing Leona in hopes that if Taric stunned my adc I could stun theirs.

Did I make the right choice? Which support could counter it better?
We ended up losing and got ganked a ton, we survived most due to my wards however it just bugs me that i'm never sure how to counter a Taric+ vayne which I see quite often.

Any tips on how to handle fighting a Taric, I use him plenty but I never really stumble across another support that really makes things too hard,other than blitzcrank ( always banned) who is a good counter to A Taric support?

weizhong5 11-18-2012 06:11 PM

I also play Taric a lot, and I usually find that Soraka and Alistar are very annoying.

Soraka's silence hurts Taric very badly. However, establishing bush dominance is critical. Silence him from the bush, and don't let him get close to your adc, or pain will ensue.

Alistar also works well. Taric's stun is relatively short range, so headbutt him away whenever he tries to get close. A w-q harass combo will ruin Taric's early game ability to support his adc.

As for countering Vayne, pick Caitlyn, Ez, or Varus. All three of them have "pass-through" shots that can hit her behind a wall of minions. Take advantage of the fact that she's squishy early game by picking an, ideally, Alistar/Caitlyn combo against Taric/Vayne. They work well together with Caitlyn's snare and Ali's knock-up.

deirin 11-18-2012 06:33 PM

Vayne+ Taric vs ashe and...
well first,
heres the point u need to counsider:

taric stun, is tanky, burst ap and up armor
vayne has wall stun(pushback), has true dmg, is usually late game, has poor long range harrass

ashe got no dmg...but long range and is end game with slow

soo....strategy 1...harass instead of your adc with like sona....(get caught=snowball vayne and lose game...)
strategy 2 heal ur adc with hp and mana to stay near tower and farm more cs...outrange vayne and taric...
strategy 3 blitz grab 1 o em into tower....anywhere else is useless u'll just get killed....

glhf with that...

Peptic 11-18-2012 06:39 PM

Taric and Vayne.. A simple clense, or Siver would do the trick. Also having a blits or a soraka to grab or silece taric before his stun goes off.

Azerax53 11-19-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RomanCenturion (Hozzászólás 31577572)
So I decided to try my first ranked match of this season and I was support, the enemies chose Vayne+ Taric adn my adc chose Ashe, I own most of the supports but I could not for the life of me decide which to choose, I ended up choosing Leona in hopes that if Taric stunned my adc I could stun theirs.

Did I make the right choice? Which support could counter it better?
We ended up losing and got ganked a ton, we survived most due to my wards however it just bugs me that i'm never sure how to counter a Taric+ vayne which I see quite often.

Any tips on how to handle fighting a Taric, I use him plenty but I never really stumble across another support that really makes things too hard,other than blitzcrank ( always banned) who is a good counter to A Taric support?

Ezreal + Sona combo can work well since both can poke the hell out of vayne and taric. I would also say you may want to try going aggressive bot with like either a Garen + ADC or Rengar + ADC because they can help add damage output on Vayne

Quexana 11-19-2012 08:22 AM

Taric is my main and Vayne is my first choice as ADC so I've played these matchups often. For me, Nunu is the hardest support to play against in this lane. He's tankier than Taric is and can harass Vayne's squishy self clear out of lane. Vayne has to play really cautious against Nunu even with a Taric to support her. Soraka's is also a good choice if you can claim control of the bushes. Sona can poke both vayne and Taric while giving her ADC sustain, but Soraka and Sona are dependant on having an ADC who can follow-up your plays. Also if you get out of position even a little bit and your ADC isn't on the ball, Vayne and Taric can punish you brutally. Alistar is also a good safe choice. His natural tankyness in addition to his CC can cause Vayne/Taric fits if used judiciously. Also, Vayne is weak early and has no burst. You'd be surprised how well healing your minions can cause the lane to push into her tower and deny her farm. As for the ADC, Ashe is a utility champion. She provides great CC, but isn't a match for Vayne in raw damage and past lvl. 6, can't really trade evenly with Vayne. Vayne is really susceptible to ADC's who offer good burst damage. MF is a great choice vs Vayne, Graves or Ez are also good choices. Cait works reasonably well with her poke and her range.

Atzigan 11-19-2012 12:08 PM

Hmmmm, Sivir and Leona perhaps? Or Sivir Sona? She can cleanse taric's stun so all you need to worry about is vayne basically.

barbeerian 11-19-2012 12:22 PM

Try [Graves / Ezreal / Corki or any other bursty adc] + Zyra support. Zyra's root goes through minions, and is almost 2x the range of Taric's stun. Her plants are bonus harassment for free basically. The melee+slow plant is really annoying to deal with and can help a great deal in lane by either slowing Taric down/zoning him so he can't push forward to stun, or by slowing Vayne who already has short range to begin with. I'd go with one of the holy trinity because they can deal bigtime burst damage to the rooted individual and then escape to safety taking next to no damage in a trade.

Grollm 11-19-2012 12:23 PM

I would go for a poke lane against these two. Cait or Ez paired with Blitz, Soraka, or Sona.