League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   We need another 'Ionia vs Noxus' like thing (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2815613)

Tehpersuns 11-18-2012 03:07 PM

We need another 'Ionia vs Noxus' like thing

Title

The tournament was a way that the players influenced the lore of Runeteraa. Because Ionia won, Lee Sin joined the league and we got awesome boots. Imagine if Noxus won. All the JoJ would be vastly different. Another one would be a very easy way for Riot to expand on the lore with very minimum work

edit: It doesn't have to be Ionia vs Noxus specifically, just something like that. I'm partial to a Zaun vs Piltover lore match

Kersplakastani 11-19-2012 05:23 AM

This is a good idea, though it would help if people provided suggestions for what the match would be disputing and what factions would be represented in the match, etc.

Roy Manada 11-24-2012 10:20 PM

Zaun vs Piltover? Maybe Zaun and Piltover finally got tired of each other, and disuputed over which one of their technological advances. Hey, it's a chance to see Viktor's team and Jayce's team duke it out.

Angry Angry Jax 11-25-2012 04:33 PM

Some of the factions need to be expanded for this to happen. I'd love to see more bilgewater champions, and more freljord champions.These city-states have 6 and 4 champions, respectively. The past 7 champions released have had allegiances incredibly difficult to place.

Zed - Enemy of Ionia, I guess?
Elise - Shadow Isles...?
Kha'Zix - Alright, Void, I'll give Riot this one. I'd love to see a Void team in an official match.
Syndra - Enemy of Ionia...Okay, maybe Zed has an ally?
Rengar - Pretty sure he lives in the jungle.
Diana - Enemy of the Solari...?
Zyra - Plague Jungles. So, Rammus and Wukong. Don't think we're gonna see a Plague Jungles city state any time soon.

I think Riot should focus on releasing champions for some of the more minor city states in order for official matches to happen. Personally, I loved reading all about the Ionia vs. Noxus rematch and wish Riot would do matches like this more often... I could see my friends and I getting together to wear pirate costumes and rooting for Bilgewater; seems easier than cosplaying for a team of real people. That sounds weird.

EDIT: Also, Nami, upcoming champion. Maybe she's from Freljord or Bilgewater? I have no idea. I just hope she's not homeless like most of the other champions listed.

Z3r0wins 11-25-2012 07:10 PM

I think Riot made it pretty obvious that Nami is a Bilgewater champ

StarkRavenMad 11-25-2012 08:21 PM

Another Ionia vs Noxus is doubtful, as Swain never supported the war to begin with, and was fired, due to it.

Demacia v Noxus is more likely, as is Piltover v Zaun, Bilgewater v Shadow Isles (I'm sure there's a reason for it)

Brixby 11-27-2012 12:38 PM

Noxus vs Demacia I thought would have been a shoe in mini-event for Dominion's launch.

knightex50 11-27-2012 05:22 PM

this is a great idea

Geokhan 11-28-2012 03:22 PM

Realize many champions are neutral in terms of city-states. The Kinkou don't care for Ionia. It's home, but caring would cause a unbalance, so they don't, but Shen was a selectable champion. Amumu, why would he fight for Ionia in particular? He wouldn't, but he was selectable. Some champions are freelance. Nocturne and all the void champions are freelance, until the Void actually tries to get a voice in the League, which I doubt will happen before they eat the world.

So before you think every Champion needs a city, just stop right there.

And yes, I would love to see more lore based matches.

Tehpersuns 11-28-2012 07:19 PM

Jayces lore almost demands that Zaun will want a crack at Piltover, and the politics of both would cause a huge chain reaction

Noxus owes Zaun a lot for the same reason Ionia owes Zaun a lot of blood. Noxus could get Demacia involved, and Heimer and Poppy could get bauble city in on it, which would piss of Rumble to no end.

It would be very interesting to see how it unfolds