League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   I need a job. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2815563)

SavagePrisonerSP 11-18-2012 02:51 PM

I need a job.

I'm a Senior in High School and I need a job, but I can't seem to get one. I've filled out countless applications and I've only gotten 2 interviews. Both of which I didn't get the job. I've called back several times to several places, but it never seems to help. Every time I fill out and turn in an application, it doesn't feel like I'm turning in an actual application but rather turning in a small chance to be hired. Like a roll of the dice, except the dice has a lot of sides to it and the job is only on one of them. I feel like I have to keep rolling the dice (turning in applications) until I eventually get hired, but honestly, if I have to fill out another freakin application, I might just die. They are so annoying.

Now you're probably asking yourself, why do I NEED a job? Well, it's not really for the money, but rather to rejuvenate my sense of self-worth. To make me feel like I actually matter and give me sign that I'm actually becoming independent. That, and my parents keep nagging me to get one.

I don't know how my situation can be helped because for it to actually be solved, I would have to be handed a job but that's probably not very likely. Any help and/or advice would be very much appreciated.

Dobagoh 11-18-2012 02:52 PM

going around handing in applications and hoping to get called in for an interview is the best way to stay unemployed, almost as good a strategy as sitting at home doing nothing

SavagePrisonerSP 11-18-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobagoh (Hozzászólás 31576355)
going around handing in applications and hoping to get called in for an interview is the best way to stay unemployed, almost as good a strategy as sitting at home doing nothing

How do I go about getting employed?

Dobagoh 11-18-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavagePrisonerSP (Hozzászólás 31576521)
How do I go about getting employed?

You go in, ask to speak to the manager. Tell him you want a job.

SavagePrisonerSP 11-18-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobagoh (Hozzászólás 31576550)
You go in, ask to speak to the manager. Tell him you want a job.

Been there, done that. Didn't work :\

Quision 11-18-2012 02:59 PM

I'm a senior in HS too but I got a job last year (I was 15) without having to do basically anything at all.

SavagePrisonerSP 11-18-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeppaNil (Hozzászólás 31576594)
I'm a senior in HS too but I got a job last year (I was 15) without having to do basically anything at all.

How?

Exoctane 11-18-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavagePrisonerSP (Hozzászólás 31576572)
Been there, done that. Didn't work :\

Right there is why you don't have a job

No one is out to do you any favours, walk back in and tell them you want to work @ where ever your applying. If they ignore you a second time, pick up a broom and start cleaning up, pretend like you work there.

Getting a job isn't a right, it's a challenge and you'll only get out what you put in.

Quision 11-18-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavagePrisonerSP (Hozzászólás 31576672)
How?

I was referred by someone who works there. If you know someone who works somewhere, and they're hiring, your chances for getting that job are higher.

SavagePrisonerSP 11-18-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeppaNil (Hozzászólás 31576712)
I was referred by someone who works there. If you know someone who works somewhere, and they're hiring, your chances for getting that job are higher.

Tried that too.

I need like a step by step tutorial on how to get a job. :\