League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Udyr jungler..What to choose? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2814567)

Polykiller 11-18-2012 09:29 AM

Udyr jungler..What to choose?

I haven't played udyr for a while now and I would like to play him again. I have been looking at many videos and udyr build on internet and there are so many way to build him, I'm lost. Some poeple say tiger is the best cause with madred it deal insane dmg but some say that pheonix 3rd attack aoe is awesome for clearing jungle. Should I max turtle for surviability or bear for mouvement speed (gank). I would like to know if someone could tell me how he's buiding his udyr jungler and for what reason.

Freedom Fries 11-18-2012 10:00 AM

I usually play Udyr jungle as a Phoenix Stancer for the AoE Clearing speed, and Solo Top as a Tiger Stancer for the high single target burst (which in the jungle could help in ganks, but not with the clearing speed until you get the madred, while the phoenix doesn't need this item at all)

I run a 0/21/9 Masteries tree, with movement speed and buff duration in the utility tree, and the usual points in the defensive tree.
For the runes, I run:
Attack Speed Red
Flat Armor Yellow
Magic Resist per level Blue
Movement Speed Quintessences/Attack Speed Quintessences

Though if you want to do the tiger jungling, replace the attack speed with a mix of Armor Penetration and Flat Attack Damage so you get 11 armor penetration to do true damage to the jungle creeps.

As for the build, I just build him tanky something like that:
Cloth armor or Boots with pots
Ninja Tabi
Heart of Gold
Aegis of the Legion
Wit's End
Ionic Spark
Warden's Mail -> Randuin's Omen
Negatron Cloak -> Force of Nature/Banshee's Veil

In whatever order suits the flow of the game (if fed, I try to rush the damage items, if not I rush the tanky items depending on the opposing team)

For the Spells, I start with Phoenix, Turtle at level 2, Bear at lvl 3 after red to gank, then max out Phoenix and Turtle evenly with a priority on phoenix so that both are almost always on the same level, though when Phoenix hit 5, I put one point in Tiger before putting the last level on the Turtle Stance.

If the opposing team has a lot of mobility, I put points in the Bear Stance before maxing the Tiger Stance, if not, I max the Tiger Stance before maxing the Bear Stance.

Hope that helps ;)

Polykiller 11-18-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimble (Hozzászólás 31567021)
I usually play Udyr jungle as a Phoenix Stancer for the AoE Clearing speed, and Solo Top as a Tiger Stancer for the high single target burst (which in the jungle could help in ganks, but not with the clearing speed until you get the madred, while the phoenix doesn't need this item at all)

I run a 0/21/9 Masteries tree, with movement speed and buff duration in the utility tree, and the usual points in the defensive tree.
For the runes, I run:
Attack Speed Red
Flat Armor Yellow
Magic Resist per level Blue
Movement Speed Quintessences/Attack Speed Quintessences

Though if you want to do the tiger jungling, replace the attack speed with a mix of Armor Penetration and Flat Attack Damage so you get 11 armor penetration to do true damage to the jungle creeps.

As for the build, I just build him tanky something like that:
Cloth armor or Boots with pots
Ninja Tabi
Heart of Gold
Aegis of the Legion
Wit's End
Ionic Spark
Warden's Mail -> Randuin's Omen
Negatron Cloak -> Force of Nature/Banshee's Veil

In whatever order suits the flow of the game (if fed, I try to rush the damage items, if not I rush the tanky items depending on the opposing team)

For the Spells, I start with Phoenix, Turtle at level 2, Bear at lvl 3 after red to gank, then max out Phoenix and Turtle evenly with a priority on phoenix so that both are almost always on the same level, though when Phoenix hit 5, I put one point in Tiger before putting the last level on the Turtle Stance.

If the opposing team has a lot of mobility, I put points in the Bear Stance before maxing the Tiger Stance, if not, I max the Tiger Stance before maxing the Bear Stance.

Hope that helps ;)

Thanks for this, it helped a lot seriously.