League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   PVP.net Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Petition to take the surrender option away from ranked. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2813996)

nagger guy 11-18-2012 02:38 AM

Petition to take the surrender option away from ranked.

it seems like every game that there is "facerolling", there is a 20 minute surrender. I don't get why this option is available considering the fact that you play ranked to win, not to surrender 20 minutes into a game. It's affecting my elo and I'm sure other players feel the same way. I'm not trying to stay in the 900s or go back to the 900s. Please do something about this.

Thanks.

Sightless66 11-18-2012 03:33 PM

A few things. First, if you're never voting to surrender, than it should be the case that the presence of a surrender button should increase the average elo you receive, because the enemy team will be more likely to surrender than yours, so they will surrender more often in similar situations. The premise that this is affecting your elo in a negative way doesn't seem justified. It may be affecting your elo positively, but I don't think that's what you meant in your post. Second, this is still a game, and even ranked games are played for enjoyment. Locking people into a game that the good majority of the team feels is lost and unfun is not an ideal solution.

nagger guy 11-22-2012 02:53 AM

my point is, there are different modes of game play that were created for a reason. Normal game play should be, by way of common sense, the mode of play where you have the option to surrender because it's based on fun or pass-time etc etc. Ranked, however, is called "ranked" because it's based on a competitive ranking system which, by way of common sense, should not have the option to surrender because 4 out of 5 people choose to. You don't even get access to ranked games until level 30 so hopefully by that time you can confidently say that each ranked game is about a 30+ minute game on average. Given the circumstances of game-play and different champions, you should by then also know how each scale. Not all champions are good early game and yet those are the same champions that dominate late game. People don't take the time to play their champion unless the game is going their way. So they surrender at the thought of losing anyhow. The worst is when you yourself are doing great, yet your team doesn't see any hope so they surrender making your effort for naught, you lose elo, and you have to play in a lower tier. Over and over this happens, sometimes consecutively, sometimes every other time. Still not seeing why there should be a surrender option in ranked when people can plainly see that they're playing ranked, not normal.

Frost Unit 11-22-2012 08:42 AM

TAKE AWAY THE SURRENDER OPTION FROM RANKED.
It's absolutely RIDICULOUS how many times my team wants to surrender, but we end up winning. I usually choose late game champions, and it sucks when my team doesn't realize that. They think just because leblanc beats me (karthus) in lane and is fed, that we should surrender.
Take the surrender option away from ranked, OR OR OR OR OR make it so that ALL FIVE have to agree.