League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   ~Irelia~ (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2813950)

Krystalmyth 11-18-2012 01:52 AM

~Irelia~

What is the communities thoughts on this character? I rarely see her and seeing as she used to be so dominant, I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this character. If you were in a conference room with Riot and Morello asks you, what do you think of Irelia, her potential throughout all the phases of the game and if any changes need to be done, what would you tell them?

Jamaree 11-18-2012 02:34 AM

You didn't watch Worlds then because she was pretty much a pick before/ban against CLG.EU or is it Curse that has Wickd, they did NOT want him to have this champion. She is good, she is viable, there are jokes going on how she needs nerfs, but I am not the one to say. She is a very good jack of all trades champion, she is good at pretty much everything, but master of none.

Titan9900 11-18-2012 02:52 AM

I would like Morello to look at her "assassin" title. At the moment there isn't much incentive to attempt a assassin build . However, might change hopefully with season 3 items.

I have heard some players say that she can get straight in a team fight and dive the carry and that is what makes her a assassin. However, olaf and many bruisers can do that it doesn't make them assassin.

CerealBoxOfDoom 11-18-2012 05:01 AM

Nobody at lower levels uses her and she isnt popular at high levels because her playstyle isn't for everyone. Her kit is great but some people hesitate when they are faced with serious risk vs reward. Nobody wants to be that person who often dies for a good cause but it is not an assassins job to survive, especially when an enemy has become an extreme threat.

Irelia often dives straight into teamfights sometimes even before tanky champs initiate.
risk= she could be focused and killed nearly instantly
reward = she can take 1-5 opponents with her if they waste all their abilities on her especially since she can pin 1 down and burst like a beast

Irelia is often pitted against extremely dangerous lanes like with a fed carry and their support while stalked by an MIA jungler or 4 v 1 tower defense.
risk = she could feed and she probably will lose a tower
reward = she can buy alot of time especially since she can ult away a minion wave and heal for tons.

Irelia sometimes has to leave the fight, go heal in the jungle and return without being anywhere near fully healed
risk = she may die just cuz no hp
reward = she's stronger with less % hp and her sustain is amazing

Irelia often finds herself having to push lanes for the team lategame while staring down dangerous stuff.
World finals
2/8 irelia is in mid with a superfed olaf. She had to push that lane and gtfo before he could win too many exchanges with her and just beat her to death. Luckily her ult came up so she won a trade and split to go get ready for a fight while superfed olaf attempted to heal with his 100% item based sustain

CerealBoxOfDoom 11-18-2012 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titan9900 (Hozzászólás 31560391)
I would like Morello to look at her "assassin" title. At the moment there isn't much incentive to attempt a assassin build . However, might change hopefully with season 3 items.

I have heard some players say that she can get straight in a team fight and dive the carry and that is what makes her a assassin. However, olaf and many bruisers can do that it doesn't make them assassin.

Thats not what makes her an assassin. Her gapcloser, the nature of her ult, her stun, her defense bypassing method, her natural squishieness. All of this and some other stuff is what makes her an assassin. In the world finals she actually did go full assassin with a bit of armor here and there. Died 8 times and still did her team job cuz irelia has the good fortune of being a cheap builder. She doesnt need expensive things like bloodthirster or infinity edge to do her job.

DPCyric 11-18-2012 11:03 AM

I think she is a bit OP... really feel like her kit doesn't need any hard CC. Laning against her is very problematic because damaging her can be the wrong thing to do (well it probably is the wrong thing to do without a gank). Either you set yourself up to a stun and then a kill from their jungler who was waiting in the brush or she just heals up with her W.

BrotherCaine 11-18-2012 11:10 AM

the jokes about any champion being OP, 'Then we better nerf Irelia' came around because she has a near-perfect kit (Riot admitted as much). They hit her numbers several times but that wasn't where the issue was - ie the criticism from the community about poorly thought out nerfs.

Kagami 11-18-2012 02:48 PM

The sustain nerfs from early this year hit her pretty hard, but I still find to very good vs some lane match ups, and very fun too.

Sogreth 11-18-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titan9900 (Hozzászólás 31560391)

She makes an amazing assassin, her passive, with ES can be used for amazing baits, and she can really turns fights around in an instant. And really...people build her extremely tanky, the only damage items people build on her are TF and Wit's End, she sucks as a tank though, she is used to jump in the middle of a fight and take out the enemy carry, which is what assassins are supposed to do, so the tag is working as intended

Sogreth 11-18-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom (Hozzászólás 31561493)
and her sustain is amazing

lol