League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   I think Ive lost all my friends because Im finding religion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2813419)

badcookie 11-17-2012 09:16 PM

I think Ive lost all my friends because Im finding religion

Im not judgmental or preachy but my friends all think i am going nuts or something (Im guessing) because no one is answering my phone calls now.

the flail 11-17-2012 09:23 PM

They're probably not used it and as such are uneasy around you. Judging by all the stuff you post on OT, you do seem to be laying it on a little thick. Give it time.

MasterfulWizard 11-17-2012 09:31 PM

Well, if you're religious then human relationships aren't worth as much as your relationship with God

Dobagoh 11-17-2012 09:42 PM

good you deserve it

SpiderSexChamber 11-17-2012 10:08 PM

Religion only creates misery.. take it from someone who's been raised in it for nearly twenty years.

Its also a very effective mean of population control.

And tell me this.. why would any just and righteous God demand his creations to live a life of service bound to his, and his rules only? Even in the Old Testament you'd have many, many instances where God would command nations to war and there was even a passage where he ordered a tribe to slaughter all of another tribes men and rape their women. There are also instances of blood being sprinkled on horns, the commandment of bronze serpent statues to be worshiped and many other strange things If you look very closely in the Bible, you'll see that God written in the book is really a truly brutal figure, in fact I believe he is Satan.

The REAL God was never mentioned in the Bible, because the real one I believe is a very benevolent force thats comprised only of love, while the one most people are taught about is an authoritarian, vengeful force. And if he was written in, it was edited out a long time ago. Many books were removed actually and Genesis was heavily modified. Apparently Genesis originally delved much more into who the Nephilim truly were (some bibles have a brief mention of them, very brief) and it even said some things about whales and dolphins (I know right?). Someone also told me that there was a book in the Bible teaching how to summon Mephistopheles apparently but of course removed a long time ago (I know, who knows if that was true or not).

Anyways long story short, don't believe most things a Religion tells you. The source material has been heavily edited and modified over hundreds of years to suit the purposes of those who want to control you.

HuntsAlone 11-17-2012 10:20 PM

This is from my perspective but I've also heard of people coming out of the closet in the same scenario.
Basically, you have either denied religion or pushed it away for so long that now that you've accepted it you have to convince other people to convince yourself that you're religious.

With that being said, I've not taken a look at your posts or know any of your IRL conversations with your friends so I can't take that into consideration. Just do all the stuff you do with your friends that you would normally do. Don't talk about religion, that's not why they decided to be your friend. They became your friend because they thought you were interesting or had some characteristic which they liked in you.

I hope I've helped in some way.

Doctor Swole 11-17-2012 10:51 PM

Are your friendships intellectually based or are they let's go out get drunk and **** bishes. if they're intellectually based id ****ing avoid you too

badcookie 11-17-2012 11:12 PM

Spider if the only rules Jesus gave were to take care of one another then how does that not reflect a benevolent loving God? Why are these hard rules to follow? The rest of the rules I havent gotten into yet, things outlined by Paul and established through the Church. I saw a pastor say this is called progressive revelation. I can say that God creates and Satan destroys, this I came to be aware of yesterday. If it leads you to destroy or tear down, kill or harm, it is probably of Satan. This is where I am at as of now, and from this perspective I am going to examine things further. I cant say this is fact, its just something I realized yesterday. Again, Christs message was to take care of one another, that was his primary message and, how can that be bad?

Hunts, Im not trying to convince people because I need convincing. I share my developing understanding because it is revealed truth. I dont even hardly talk about it other then to tell them of some of the extremely supernatural things that I am experiencing, and that I believe I am being saved- thats all Ive really said. I tell them because they are my friends and I am honest about who I am, not because if I convert them then I am somehow justified or am myself convinced. Also I do want to help them because I see in them a sort of suffering that I myself experience.

Doctor, yes... my friendships, except for one in particular, are not intellectual. They are go to the bar, look pretty, get laid get drunk. The one intellectual one I am fortunate to have doesnt want to address what we have both experienced in way of God touching our lives. He doesnt deny it, he just thinks its madness. All of my friends know I have been diagnosed mentally ill, which makes it difficult to discuss anything with them because they see it as a manifestation of mental illness, but I know differently.

MadSeer 11-17-2012 11:32 PM

I understand a religious man that was raised among a religious household and forced into believing in God. I don't understand a grown man that sudenly becomes religious after he's looked up at all the facts and history books. Dominating religion = religion that killed the most throughout the world. The crusades brought war, fear and death throughout Europe and Middle East. The Witch Hunts brought fear and death everywhere as well, but this time even in America. When the conquerors came to America, they forced their believes on the natives, they also slaughtered them. The history of christianism is based on fear, hate, torture and death. It's how it was used, it's how it was spread, and it's why it's now so popular. Had the Egyptians done the exact same thing as the Christians did, you'd be talking about Horus, not God.

MadSeer 11-17-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badcookie (Hozzászólás 31557159)
Spider if the only rules Jesus gave were to take care of one another then how does that not reflect a benevolent loving God? Why are these hard rules to follow? .

Read Dieuteronomy. You'll understand how "loving" your God is.