League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Roleplaying Forums (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Thoughts on the ask threads (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2813121)

Geokhan 11-17-2012 08:42 PM

Thoughts on the ask threads

Alright, I kinda want to know how we feel on people role-playing key members of the League of Legends?

Not Ashram of course as he is MIA, but what about Vessaria Kolminye?

If you are against this, could you give a reason why?

My issue would be that they might get too big of a head, but what do I know about people?

Emperor Titus 11-17-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geokhan (Hozzászólás 31551362)
Alright, I kinda want to know how we feel on people role-playing key members of the League of Legends?

Not Ashram of course as he is MIA, but what about Vessaria Kolminye?

If you are against this, could you give a reason why?

My issue would be that they might get too big of a head, but what do I know about people?

Very plausible. In fact, I like to promote it. It's just that you can have people with egoistic minds. Rather expand the world of Valoran by introducing important characters. Maybe we can have someone roleplay as Ram Steed. :)

Farnbil 11-17-2012 10:12 PM

Would like to see this extend to miscellaneous champion skins and sentient items. Ask Divine Soraka, Ask Haunting Guise, Ask Soulreaver Draven, Ask Arcade Sona, etc.

Crazy Beard Guy 11-17-2012 10:41 PM

If everyone here was a master roleplayer, anything would be possible. The problem is they aren't, and you have to leave it to simple trust whether one should do something crazy or not.

If it fails, things get very dicey. It's scary enough to watch Eve walk out of Cass's room after ***, what happens if Vassaria decides to do something whatever, you know?

Ask A Gentleman 11-17-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farnbil (Hozzászólás 31554295)
Would like to see this extend to miscellaneous champion skins and sentient items. Ask Divine Soraka, Ask Haunting Guise, Ask Soulreaver Draven, Ask Arcade Sona, etc.

Ahem. Brolaf and I are examples of this.

On the idea of non-champion lore characters being introduced, I am a big fan.

((If you know what my main is you know why. :P))

Ask Tyrant Swain 11-17-2012 11:38 PM

I am highly against the act of RPing as a skin of a champion unless it makes sense. It may not have a clear definition, but I believe we all know why Brolaf and Gent Cho can replace Olaf and Regular Cho while most regular skins can't.
As for non-champion characters, it'd be awesome.

Kameil 11-17-2012 11:53 PM

I like the idea of the RPing non-champion characters. Though we have to know our limits and play within it. It would seem silly to have someone RPing Ayelia, the girl who helped Alistar or as Keiran Darkwill. Ram Steed is definitely a important lore character that can be RPed and I wouldn't mind someone RPing as him.

1Eredale 11-18-2012 06:27 AM

I dislike the idea of playing non-champion characters such as skins or items or minions or whatever else. And even moreso, I thoroughly disapprove of playing canon Riot characters that hold key positions in the Institute of War. Don't forget that all those characters have Riot employees behind them, and basically grabbing their canon characters out of their hands would be a grand failure of RP etiquette. Also, basically none of those characters have definitive bios that help a player outline their course of behavior, so any kind of portrayal is almost bound to be out of character.

I left the Runebook roleplay when people began roleplaying as Pink Ward and Left Jungle Wolf On the Blue Side Of Rift. As exciting as that sounds, it just does not work out, so please... don't.

Ebonmaw Dragon 11-18-2012 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Eredale (Hozzászólás 31561775)
I dislike the idea of playing non-champion characters such as skins or items or minions or whatever else. And even moreso, I thoroughly disapprove of playing canon Riot characters that hold key positions in the Institute of War. Don't forget that all those characters have Riot employees behind them, and basically grabbing their canon characters out of their hands would be a grand failure of RP etiquette. Also, basically none of those characters have definitive bios that help a player outline their course of behavior, so any kind of portrayal is almost bound to be out of character.

I left the Runebook roleplay when people began roleplaying as Pink Ward and Left Jungle Wolf On the Blue Side Of Rift. As exciting as that sounds, it just does not work out, so please... don't.

And that's remember me that i should change the name of my account

AODRG 11-18-2012 06:50 AM

RP-ing as different champions and summoners allows people to deeper understand the lore that Riot tried to create for this game, which is great considering they stopped making the JoJ quite a bit of time ago.