League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Approaching 3150 IP - Who should I get? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2813011)

Chennasaurus 11-17-2012 08:15 PM

Approaching 3150 IP - Who should I get?

I very recently started playing LoL and I'm currently lvl 10. I wanted to try Pantheon, but my friend who has played LoL for quite awhile and has 1700 elo tells me to wait until Diana, Talon, Kennen, or Ez.

What to do?

Currently I have Fiddle, Yi, TF, and Teemo.

Mid Is A Feeder 11-17-2012 08:22 PM

You may as well buy someone on the sale ATM.

You literally just missed a pantheon free week (2 weeks?) but it depends on the style you like, you shouldnt let your friend tell you.

For all he knows, you might suck donkey %$Ł% with all 6300 IP champs, but rock with someone like poppy.

Depends on your playstyle to see what you'd get recomended.

weizhong5 11-17-2012 08:22 PM

That depends on what role you want to fulfill on a team Looking at your current champion list, you have a rather squishy comp, so you might want to get a tankier champ like Panth. Another good choice would be Jax, who's relatively straightforward, good at dealing damage and tanky as well

However, it all depends on what position you'd like to be.

Chennasaurus 11-17-2012 08:26 PM

I toyed around with cho for a bit too while he was free a couple weeks ago. Sadly, I didn't like him much late-game. Sort of liked Naut. Lux is pretty good, but I got bored.

Idk, I played Talon quite a bit when he was free and I went one game 1/6/7 and the next game 22/4/27. I like champions with good burst damage and mobility, so typically that means assassins but then I get focused down pretty quickly too

weizhong5 11-17-2012 08:47 PM

Grab a thirster for some sustain. It's the item that destroys in lower levels because no one seems to know it exists.

Akali is fantastic at the role of fast and burst-y. She can melt people down and chase them with her ult and q combo, while her w allows her to literally melt into the shadows. That might be someone you want to try, but she can be quite difficult to use, although very fun.

Durzaka 11-17-2012 08:49 PM

save your IP until you find a champion during their free week. Buying a champion blind is a good way to waste IP.

BlackDiamondFox 11-17-2012 10:12 PM

Zyra.

But seriously, you should just test out the free champs like Durzaka suggested. I've bought champs blindly without testing that I don't even use now.

JEREMY LlN 11-18-2012 06:40 AM

My first 3150IP champion was Akali. She was very fun and I picked her up at level 10, I used her from 10-30 then got really bored with her. She has high mobility, high burst, and stealth. She stomps people at low skill cap, but, as you move to smarter/better players, she gets countered hard. But, still, even if they're good, but you're better, you will still do well with her. The problems with Akali are: Her jukes and escape mechanism are highly surrounding reliant (enemy champion, enemy minions), she gets boring as you continue to play her, and her stealth is crippled by oracles. But as mentioned before, try free champions. Don't blindly buy a champion. I brought Akali after I lost to one hard.

Vyell 02-22-2014 04:34 PM

Lux. I plan to buy her with my given 400 RP when she is half price and then buy Shaco with my 3150 IP...

Tijuk 02-22-2014 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vyell (Hozzászólás 45360497)
Lux. I plan to buy her with my given 400 RP when she is half price and then buy Shaco with my 3150 IP...

god.. I'm so agains buying Champions with RP... I mean.. you can buy every champion with IP, you just gotta be patient... but skins no... you gotta pay for 'em.. I would recommend waiting to buy Lux and so... and one thing about which champions to buy:

normally... when you find your fav play style, you gonna find a lane which suits you best... so that's why there are people who are main adc, main mid and such... so:
Shaco is a jungle/top and Lux is a mid/support... they have completly diferent style... so beware when you buy them ^^