League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   How I keep from raging in games. Last game as an example. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2812831)

TheFlyingSpoon 11-17-2012 06:34 PM

How I keep from raging in games. Last game as an example.

At the least sign of negativity from a teamate I mute them.

Last game, we started doing poorly. I told my team that the other team will own early-game, and we have a better late-game.

One teamate responded sarcastically. I muted him instantly.

I wasn't having a good game with shen jungle. A teamate asked why I had a custom shen skin. Instantly muted.

Played game to the end as a good teamate and continued to communicate.

That's it. Raging prevented. gg mute

Technokiller 12-03-2012 01:57 PM

Then you will get reported for lack of communication or something like that, i bet...

Dont think there´s really a escape from all that.

tbagchamp 12-03-2012 02:03 PM

If another summoner breaks the summoners code, there is no problem with muting :)

By muting one team mate, you aren't refusing to communicate with the rest of the team, you are simply refusing to accept their harassment.

I have only had to use the mute button once or twice, as I try and save for the last resort. However, it has changed games for me and I advise players to use it whenever they start to feel the rage.

Another good start to avoiding rage is to play with friends! If you don't have "real life" friends who play LoL, find a group online. I recommend adding people after you lose a game, not after you win. After you win a game, every one will be happy. After you lose though, if one player continues to be graceful, they are probably truly a good person to play with.

Good advice TheFlyingSpoon :)

Technokiller 12-03-2012 02:06 PM

How about when your team/a person is trolling you without the use of words, but by actions? You have to suck it up and probably lose the game so you can report them after? Thats it?

Eraseasaurus 12-03-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technokiller (Hozzászólás 32047447)
Then you will get reported for lack of communication or something like that, i bet...

Dont think there´s really a escape from all that.

You can still communicate easily both with pings and chat without having to hear the other player. For instance, "come get blue" "focus Yi" "grabbing Abyssal Scepter" etc... When tribunal sees that you will not get banned.

tbagchamp 12-03-2012 02:16 PM

Technokiller,

Yep, that's it. Just remember you aren't alone. We are all playing the same game and dealing with the same people.

The people at the extreme high ELOs got their dragging through the same exact ELO ladder you might be climbing right now.

Good luck :)

Technokiller 12-03-2012 02:32 PM

How about if you are playing 3s, and the other 2 are a pre-made...can you mute both of them? The same as muting your " whole" team.

You wont get in trouble for that, even if later they decide to talk to you and you dont answer back?

tbagchamp 12-03-2012 02:34 PM

Well Technokillo, I've actually never seen a case like that in the tribunal.

What would happen most likely is that those reviewing the case would see that you were being harrassed and that you said nothing mean or wrong (that is key). If you stopped talking half way through a game of which you were being insulted the entire time, you would be pardoned for sure :)