League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Settling a Jungle Bet (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2812079)

Mr Bananas 11-17-2012 04:00 PM

Settling a Jungle Bet

Good Day Fellow Summoners.

Me and my roommate have been playing league of legends for over a year now and have solid ELO's of around 1300. My roommate mains jungle and I am an ADC/Support mix. We have a bet going and I would like to get the communities input on it.

The Scenario:
I am ADC bot lane and winning my lane slightly. Our mid lane is lagging and so is our top but nothing too serious as to cause snowballing by any one side. Through out the beginning of the match there are two attempted ganks on bot lane in 15 minutes by their jungler as well as 2 shen ultimates onto their adc for ganks (A total of 4 ganks attempts). No kills were awarded however summoners were spent and CS was lost.

The argument is:Should the Jungler help a lane that already has an edge or should he be more concerned to ensure the other lanes lagging gets resolved? Our jungler did not come bot for over 16 min and I feel that neglect played a part in why we ultimately lost the game.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Mr. Bananas

ugotthestuffxp 11-17-2012 04:08 PM

1 dont blame the jungler for everything
2 the junlger in my opoion should do little ganking while he has buffs
3 the jungler should look to gank by about 5-7 mins in to the game
4 its true that the jungler has alot to do but the jungler's job is to control bufss first then ganking second
but you are right jungler should look to gank when ever he can and try not to neglect lanes

Onyx of Darkness 11-17-2012 04:52 PM

When I jungle, I only hit lanes that are either well kited, or pushed. If, for instance, top lane has fed their Nasus 4 kills in 12mins, then I will not gank that lane without other members of the team. If you have a slight advantage in one lane, turn it into a big advantage, then the players from that lane can assist the lanes that are not doing to crash hot. It really depends on each individual game, if you have an advantage, press it.

KnightxSScarlett 11-17-2012 05:12 PM

I go for kills where they're possible. Sometimes I gank a lane to relieve pressure, but I don't do that often. The more time you spend ganking and not getting kills, the more time you waste.

ugotthestuffxp 11-17-2012 05:30 PM

^ well said

Demiize 11-17-2012 05:56 PM

I gank whatever lane is easiest to gank. If I see an open opportunity in mid, then I'll go mid. If their top lane is pushing and I know he's not warding then I'll head to top. Bot lane as a rule is hard to gank because a good will have things warded up.

first time Vayne 11-18-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ugotthestuffxp (Hozzászólás 31541899)
1 dont blame the jungler for everything
2 the junlger in my opoion should do little ganking while he has buffs
3 the jungler should look to gank by about 5-7 mins in to the game
4 its true that the jungler has alot to do but the jungler's job is to control bufss first then ganking second
but you are right jungler should look to gank when ever he can and try not to neglect lanes

1. True.

2. The jungler should gank whenever he knows he can get out safely. If a lane is pushed and the enemy laner has half health, then a gank makes sense. If you know the location of the enemy jungler and adjacent laners, then not ganking is disadvantaging your laner -- you aren't costing him anything outright, but you're setting him behind where he easily could be. If the enemy is at full health or if the lane is not pushed, then ganking is generally a bad idea except for harassment purposes.

3. Some junglers excel at very early ganks, such as Lee Sin, Maokai, and Pantheon. Giving a laner an early advantage via first blood or damaging their lane partner is a great idea if your jungle champ can handle it. However, a jungler should fully clear his jungle before going back for the first time, maybe with the exception of double golems, in cases where he has no successful ganks in order to stay up to speed with the laners and the other jungler. Risking losing too much health in an early gank may set you back if you fail, so only do it if you think you can get away with it.

4. The jungler's primary job is to beat the enemy jungler through outfarming him, counterganking, and invasion when possible. Ganks for the sake of helping lanes to win their matchups come second to that, not to buff control. Blue buff is there to help you clear and your mid to win if you choose to spare it, sure, but Red is made for ganking. Extra damage and a slow is vital for some junglers when ganking -- and it doesn't do enough damage to help with clear times. If you're afraid of passing buffs off to an enemy laner, then gank more intelligently. Don't go in when you might die, like at half health. Use wards to help with that.

first time Vayne 11-18-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bananas (Hozzászólás 31541603)
Good Day Fellow Summoners.

Me and my roommate have been playing league of legends for over a year now and have solid ELO's of around 1300. My roommate mains jungle and I am an ADC/Support mix. We have a bet going and I would like to get the communities input on it.

The Scenario:
I am ADC bot lane and winning my lane slightly. Our mid lane is lagging and so is our top but nothing too serious as to cause snowballing by any one side. Through out the beginning of the match there are two attempted ganks on bot lane in 15 minutes by their jungler as well as 2 shen ultimates onto their adc for ganks (A total of 4 ganks attempts). No kills were awarded however summoners were spent and CS was lost.

The argument is:Should the Jungler help a lane that already has an edge or should he be more concerned to ensure the other lanes lagging gets resolved? Our jungler did not come bot for over 16 min and I feel that neglect played a part in why we ultimately lost the game.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Mr. Bananas

If you're receiving that much pressure, then yes, your jungler ought to have ganked some more or counterganked when their jungler / Shen arrived in order to prevent them from scoring a kill and shut down gold.

However, if you were escaping each time, then your jungler should have pressured other lanes while their jungler and Shen were busy. Top should have pushed his turret hard each time Shen left, and your jungler should have hit either top or mid or invaded the enemy jungle some, depending on his location and the condition of the other lanes.

Vepenar 11-18-2012 01:20 AM

It depends on the jungle, certain junglers require the lanes to be pushed in order to gank.
Example.
Your jungler is a Udyr, bot lane it winning, they are ahead in CS, and kills. They often have the lane pushed to the opposing turret. In this situation there is little to no chance for junglers like udyr who have no ranged crowd control or instant gap closer to gank, so his time would be better spend denying the enemy jungler or camping other lanes.

Now say your jungler has a gap closer such as Maokai W, or Malphite R. Then they can gank when the enemy is pushed to their turret or just before.

Though in general if there is a chance to gank a lane the jungler should take it because if that lane is already winning that gank would put them even further ahead.

Pyrodruid 11-18-2012 04:54 AM

Jungle should save lanes that are getting lost. If you're frequently getting ganked yet giving no deaths, you're doing fine (assuming the ADC is getting some minions still). In fact being a support in such a situation, I've always felt the best option for the jungle was to gank top/mid giving the solo lanes a chance to get items or start winning the lane.

Worst case, the enemy jungle will have to stop ganking you to counter your jungle's efforts top, which should take some pressure off you and let you farm a little better.

Best case, enemy jungler doesn't divert their attention, your team wins top/mid and 5v2s bot. Or enemy jungle does go top giving you the advantage to push/win your own lane.