League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New assasins (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2811912)

xAluxardx 11-17-2012 02:18 PM

New assasins

Im not sure where exactly to post this so Im starting here. Ive been playing Shaco for a bit now and Im still finding that people are able to tell my clones apart just by clicking on them and seeing which one has items, which one has red buff, which one throws a dagger. In an age of Rengars and Khazix and now Zeds, I feel like old toons are being thrown to the ways side. Why play Warwick any more if I can insta gib someone with Rengar and not have to worry about mana? Why play Shaco when I can have the same type of illusionist and trickery with Zed? And I dont have to worry about mana. Consider the champions in the last few months that you have released? They are all very bursty assasins that dont have the limitations that old toons do. IMO i think Riot is getting very careless about the balance of this game. It would be helpful to have a link or thread justifying these new toons and why you refuse to fix old ones. I dont like having to not play old champs because they are bugged or no longer viable

Ampala 11-17-2012 02:21 PM

Comparing Zed to Shaco? Wtf?
Shaco == Clone.
Zed =/= Clone
Zed's is more of a shadow like it's named.

xAluxardx 11-17-2012 02:30 PM

Whether its officially a clone or not, its making the opponent guess who to attack. And riot refuses to make it difficult for them to know with shaco. With zed its at no mana cost, and its not even an ult AND he can leap terrain obstacles. Its like two shaco abilities. Get real

Ansaa 11-17-2012 02:42 PM

Newer champions will be better designed than older ones, that can't ever be changed.

However, it doesnt mean old champions aren't good or better than new ones. Compare Morgana to Syndra for example. Yeah. Morgana is better, even if Syndra is newer and has her own mechanic (Dark Sphere Manipulation)

So I'm not sure what you're asking. Stop making new champions? Focus on old ones? Thats not moving forward!

xAluxardx 11-17-2012 03:04 PM

Why cant I have both? You make it sound like its either make good champions, or make the old ones good. Riot revisits old champions all the time, which is good, but the "bugs" with Shaco have been there all the time. Its not all that long ago that you could see Shaco decieve from a bush and put boxes in bushes and Shaco has been in the mix how long? One of the great things about LoL is that vast choices in characters. But its not really choices if old characters dont remain relevant. And really I dont think that either is DESIGNED better or worse. But be honest, the ability of some of the newest champs to immediately one shot an opponent is unreal and I know that the community is behind me when I say that at least.

DarksideEric 11-17-2012 04:17 PM

Shaco clone works nothing like Zed's shadow.

xAluxardx 11-17-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarksideEric (Hozzászólás 31544341)
Shaco clone works nothing like Zed's shadow.

Youre exactly right. One has a mana cost, is an ultimate and 100 sec cooldown to start.
One has no mana cost. 14? sec cd and leaps over terrain. Thanks for supporting my theory.

CerealBoxOfDoom 11-17-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xAluxardx (Hozzászólás 31540028)
Im not sure where exactly to post this so Im starting here. Ive been playing Shaco for a bit now and Im still finding that people are able to tell my clones apart just by clicking on them and seeing which one has items, which one has red buff, which one throws a dagger.

I saw a homicidal clown today. He split into two homicidal clowns but being a total genious I knew which one was real... strangely this didnt solve my homicidal clown problem.

The clone isn't there to keep you alive, be creative and work fast.

Quote:

In an age of Rengars

rengar is not an assassin

Quote:

and Khazix and now Zeds, I feel like old toons are being thrown to the ways side. Why play Warwick any more if I can insta gib someone with Rengar and not have to worry about mana?

because warwick isnt countered by armor or Oracles. You can ward all you want but let your punk **** drop to 50% and see if that tower stops him.

Quote:

Why play Shaco when I can have the same type of illusionist and trickery with Zed?

zed is useless against towers, zed cant set traps or hard cc anyone, zed can't use stealth or instant blinks. Zeds clone can't deal true damage.

Quote:

And I dont have to worry about mana.

nor can you benefit fully from items that give mana and your manabar says way too much about what youre about to do.

Quote:

Consider the champions in the last few months that you have released? They are all very bursty assasins

false, only a few have been assassins

Quote:

that dont have the limitations that old toons do.

nor the specialization that they have

Quote:

IMO i think Riot is getting very careless about the balance of this game.

stfu, if you wanted an opinion you'd be agreeing with me on how amazing ahri is

Quote:

It would be helpful to have a link or thread justifying these new toons and why you refuse to fix old ones. I dont like having to not play old champs because they are bugged or no longer viable

they dont do it all in one place but read the interviews when a champ is released

CerealBoxOfDoom 11-17-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xAluxardx (Hozzászólás 31547376)
Youre exactly right. One has a mana cost, is an ultimate and 100 sec cooldown to start.
One has no mana cost. 14? sec cd and leaps over terrain. Thanks for supporting my theory.

calling it a theory is arrogant of you. That was a complaint. shaco's clone is many times better than zed's but is much clunkier with a long cooldown

deadlychuck 11-17-2012 06:30 PM

The same items do appear on a clone shaco as on a normal shaco, the only things that don't show up one your clone that apply to normal shaco are debuffs which were on you prior to using your ult. As well as the cross hairs placed on a target if you ping them with G.

Though if you play your clone as if it were the real shaco using no skills it's almost impossible to tell them appart, and riot has done a fairly decent job of not giving any major distinctions between the real and fake shaco.

Though if they aoe you and your clone, it's obvious who is the real one, based off of who takes the least damage.