League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hey LoL Feminists, Take a seat (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2811074)

GrimPhenom 11-17-2012 10:48 AM

Hey LoL Feminists, Take a seat

Stop complaining about Female designs in league

Its fantasy and for ****s sake let the artists who design the champs realize their fantasies

Nobody cares that Elise has breasts she was once a woman

Nobody cares that outfits are revealing because Varus is practically naked and we (being men) haven't said a damn thing about him or Taric's Design

What's the problem, why do you keep bringing up female champ design? A woman who doesn't even EXIST having breasts and a decent figure is BAD to you?

Why is breasts such an issue with you people? Why is their figure such an issue? Tell me why ?

Justin BeiBR 11-17-2012 10:49 AM

People will never run out of things to complain about.

Tspuun 11-17-2012 10:50 AM

If every (human) male character had Varus' fashion sense, I'm pretty sure guys would be complaining about it.

Rachel 11-17-2012 10:52 AM

These people aren't feminists.

mambawarrior0 11-17-2012 10:52 AM

Lets give Taric a helmet, Ezreal a suit of armor, make Rugged Garen put his helmet on, give Mantheon some proper armor, and make Varus put some clothes on.

jars 11-17-2012 10:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
but where are my fabio-esque lol champions :(

CHECK YO PRIVILEGE FELLAS

Sybil Cut 11-17-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimPhenom (Hozzászólás 31532138)
Nobody cares that outfits are revealing because Varus is practically naked and we (being men) haven't said a damn thing about him or Taric's Design

Thing is, Varus is also badass and is good character design. Taric.. well, he's been around for a loong time, and is more of a joke than anything. People have said a LOT about his design.

A lot of female champs in LoL don't have good design. It's pretty obvious. That said, I actually think that Nami is one of the better designs we've seen in a loooong time. Face it, most female clothing is tailored to be centered around the neckline and down to the cleavage ANYWAYS, so it's not like you'll never see it. As well, having some skin showing adds to the character in a good way. because it makes the model less bland.

Quartzmonkey 11-17-2012 10:53 AM

Riot has clearly stated countless times they create champions to fulfill gameplay fantasies of the players, not the designers. The fantasy genre (not just games) is riddled terribly with overly cliche and poorly characterized female characters. People want to see that change. They want women to be more than eye candy with this formulaic body-type like they belong in a modeling contest.

Men don't complain because men get to see enough variation in their champions from grotesque to wiry to bulky to pretty-boy.

The general idea here is that people don't have a problem with women characters having "perfect" features. It's them having the same "perfect" features all the time.

Variety is the spice of life.

GrimPhenom 11-17-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tspuun (Hozzászólás 31532194)
If every (human) male character had Varus' fashion sense, I'm pretty sure guys would be complaining about it.

Look at Jayce, Dear lord

Look at Trundle

Look at Tryndamere

Look at Taric (not too long)

Look at Draaaaaaaaaaaaven

If I gave a **** about how champs were dressed I'd be picketing outside Riot offices off of those designs alone

Ecclesian 11-17-2012 10:56 AM

What freaks me out is the number of scantily clad females that have the faces of underage children. Go check that out...