League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   [Champion Concept] Nahuatl- The Last Mangsa (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2809430)

Osprii 11-16-2012 09:37 PM

[Champion Concept] Nahuatl- The Last Mangsa

Champion: Nahuatl- The Last Mangsa
In Malay, Mangsa means survivor (courtesy of google translate).
In this lore though, a Mangsa is a type of animal in Runterra.

I made him with the theme of adaptation. Not like Kha'zix, who is about evolution. Beleive it or not, theses themes are different in game as well. While Kha'zix must choose permanent evolution points, Nahuatl can switch between different stats and play styles immediately and multiple times to fit the situation. A little bit like Udyr, actually. Some of the adaptation is automatic, part of his abilities.

Quote:

Appearance:
Nahuatl is a strange looking creature with tough, hairless skin, spines down its back and along its tail, but a feline-like face. It has large, retractable claws and fangs like a saber tooth cat. Its skin is a mottled grayish-black. I would show you but ERROR: ART DRIVE NOT FOUND.
Quote:

Abilities:

Innate: Adaptation
For every 1 second Nahuatl is out of combat with an enemy champion or neutral monster, he gains a stack of Nomad, which grants him +1% movement speed and 1+.5*level health regeneration. This stacks up to 8 times. He also loses one stack of Predator for every second he is out of combat with an enemy champion or neutral monster. For every second Nahuatl is in combat with an enemy champion or neutral monster, he gains one stack of Predator and loses one stack of Nomad. Each stack of Predator grants him 3.5+.55*level % bonus attack speed, and stacks up to 8 times.

Q: Survivor
Toggle: Nahuatl can toggle between three passive abilities. This ability will not go on cooldown until 2 seconds after the player has activated this ability. If the player is on Fight, and activates the ability once, Nahuatl will switch to Flight. If the player then reactivates the ability within the 3 seconds, Nahuatl will switch to Feed. The order of this toggle is Fight, then Flight, then Feed. The player activates the ability once to get to the next toggle and twice to get to the toggle after that. This has no mana cost.

Passive: Fight
Nahuatl gains 8/12/16/20/24 (+1% per 30 bonus AD)% armor penetration. Additionally, his basic attacks will cause opponents to bleed out for 2 seconds, slowing them by 7%, dealing 10/15/20/25/30 (+20% bonus AD) physical damage each second, and granting vision of his targets. The bleed will stack up to 4 times, including the slow.

Passive: Flight
Nahuatl gains 10/15/20/25/30 (+1 per 120 bonus health) armor and magic resist, 10/15/20/25/30% crowd control reduction, and gains between 4/5/6/7/8% and 14/16/18/20/22% bonus movement speed when he is within 1000 units of at least one enemy. At the maximum range of 1000, he gains the lowest movement speed bonus, scaling up to the maximum movement speed bonus when within 200 units of an enemy.

Passive: Feed
Nahuatl's basic attacks deal 20/30/40/50/60 (+20% AP) bonus magic damage in an arc around his target, and Nahuatl heals for 50% of this damage.

Cooldown: .5 seconds
Cost: none

W: Rush
Nahuatl charges forward, up to 600 units away, and stops upon colliding with an enemy champion. He deals 20/40/60/80/100 (+100% AD) physical damage to all minions he passes over and to the champion he collides with. Rush will also gain a bonus effect depending on what passive of Survival he has toggled, currently.

Fight: Nahuatl will stealth and become untargetable until he hits an enemy champion, or until he reaches the end of the dash. He also deals no damage to minions. Upon hitting the champion, he will snare and silence them for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds.

Flight: Nahuatl will gain an additional 180 units on the maximum range of Rush, and knockback the first champion he hits by 500 units.

Feed: Nahuatl will deal double damage to minions and fear them for 3 seconds.

Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8 seconds
Cost: 40 mana

E:
Passive: Thickening Hide
For every 1% of his health that Nahuatl has lost to physical damage in the past 8 seconds, he gains +.5/1/1.5/2/2.5 bonus armor. For every 1% of his health that Nahuatl has lost to magic damage in the past 8 seconds, he gains +.5/1/1.5/2/2.5 bonus magic resist. Nahuatl can gain more than one stack of Thickening Hide per attack, if that attack deals more than 1% of his health. Nahuatl can only have 30 total stacks of Thickening Hide at a time, which counts toward both the armor and magic resist. If Nahuatl has 30 stacks of Thickening Hide, but takes more an additional 1% of his health in physical damage, he will lose a stack of magic resist on Thickening Hide which will be replaced by an armor stack, and vice versa. These stacks are still available while this ability is on cooldown. However, after Nahuatl has been out of combat for at least 5 seconds, stacks of Thickening Hide will begin to degrade at a rate of the 2 earliest stacks per second.

Active: Eviscerate
Nahuatl's next basic attack deals 20/40/60/80/100 (+110% AD) physical damage to an enemy unit. Critical strikes will deal bonus damage equal to his AD, but will not scale with the bonus damage or heal granted to this ability. For every 1% of his health that Nahuatl currently has, he deals .5% more damage with Eviscerate. For every 1% of his health he is missing, he heals for 1% of the damage done. Eviscerate also grants a stack of Empower. Empower can stack up to 4 times and lasts up to 6 seconds. Each stack of Empower will cause this ability to deal 15% additional damage and consume the 5 earliest stacks of Thickening Hide upon cast. If Nahuatl has less stacks of Thickening Hide than this ability will consume, Nahuatl may still cast this ability.

Cooldown: 4 seconds
Cost: 30 mana

R: Armored Skin, Sharpened Claw
Nahuatl takes 40/50/60% less damage for up to 8 seconds. He can reactivate this ability to lunge to an enemy within 500 units and deal 120/240/360 (+180% bonus AD) +10/15/20% of the target's missing health in physical damage, however, the damage is reduced by 8% for every second Nahuatl waited before reactivating this ability. Also, the damage reduction ends upon reactivation.

Cooldown: 100/85/70 seconds
Cost: 100 mana
Quote:

Dat Lore:
Nahuatl is the final member of a long-lived race of predators, called Mangsa, that once were common across most of Runterra. Unfortunately, the Rune wars changed that. What Mangsa there were that weren't killed or hunted down for their skin and fangs were mutated into strange, twisted creatures by the rampant magic use. Only a small pocket survived, deep in the Kumungu jungles. Though powerful creatures before, these Mangsa adapted to the harsh new world to become especially deadly.
However, they hadn't fully escaped the taint of the Rune Wars. One final scar upon the Mangsa's was a mysterious and vicious disease left over from the rapant magic. It left almost all of the adults infertile and incapable of bearing young. The breed seemed about to die out, when a litter of ten cubs was born. If the Mangsa were sentient enough to be religious, they might have thought it a miracle. But the hope was crushed when a hunter came and killed off the twenty full grown Mangsa left, including the parents of the litter. This hunter was known by humans as Jarvan IV, but to the Mangsa cubs he was simply a death sentence.
Not quite, to all of them, though. As they began to die off, a single cub survived off a meager diet of a berry bush and a nearby stream. It was an unnatural diet for the carnivores, but this cub adapted. He was nearly eaten by another predator, though, and wouldn't have survived if Nidalee hadn't found him and slew the beast trying to kill him. That is when Nidalee named him Nahuatl, not that he would have understood the concept of naming.
Nidalee raised him until he was ready to live on his own, at which time she left him to join the League of Legends herself after killing a squad of Noxian woodcutters with the help of Nahuatl, who was now a powerful beast, capable of immediately adapting to any situation.
She thought she left Nahuatl safe, but unfortunately, a squad of Noxian explorers located him again and captured him. They brought him to Zaun, intending to sell him off as a scientific guinea pig, until Nidalee heard of his whereabouts and killed the Noxians. The only way she thought he would be protected, now that the world knew of the existence of one last Mangsa, a species that had faded into legend, was to enter him into the League of Legends himself.

Alucard Vanguard 11-16-2012 09:40 PM

I feel that the passive on the q will be a bit rediculous and might need a nerf especially if you build him tanky it would be easy to do heavy damage and escape fights easily. 60 armor pen is very high and 50% crowd control reduction is also very high. Take olaf for example, his ULT's passive doesnt give nearly that much armor pen and his ult's ACTIVE only gives double that passive.

Osprii 11-16-2012 09:57 PM

Oh holy ****. A post already. I was still editing this.

Well, 60 arpen is a ton. However, I feel it is justified because it is just a passive, there is no active on the ability. Master Yi gains 35 bonus attack damage on his E (or W?) and can double that to 70 for a while. 60 arpen is usually not quite as strong as 70 AD. Hmm, now that I think about it, I will nerf that a bit, because he also has the bleed.

Ok, now for the cc reduction... Ok, Irelia gains up to 40% cc reduction, and Trundle gains up to 40%. Ok, I will start that lower than move it up per level to 40%.

Alright, thanks for the feedback. I'll make the changes.

Alucard Vanguard 11-16-2012 09:59 PM

Lol yeah my computer is being really dumb and not letting me connect to games right now so I will likely be on these forums giving feedback if you need it. If you post on my topic, Azar, The Lightning Warrior, it would be appreciated.

Osprii 11-16-2012 10:01 PM

Ok, I'll search that. I'm not on LoL because I just played a really frustrating game, so I don't want to play it for a while... but I don't want to do anything else.

Alucard Vanguard 11-16-2012 10:03 PM

My only other comments are the armor n magic on the E's passive. It can go up to 100, you should probably reduce that to about 60 at max, for a passive at least. And the % of the heal on the eviscerate could get a little rediculous, maybe reduce it by 25 or 50% since it heals and still does significant damage.
Otherwise i love the W because it gives him jungling and strong assassination potential. He may possibly be a little overly mobile, with 2 dashes and speed increase when taking damage.

Osprii 11-16-2012 11:15 PM

Ok, I'm rewording his E, and giving it a little nerf to the face. He can only gain a certain amount of armor, and if he begins to go above that level, he begins to lose the bonus magic resist. That way, its more like adaptation.
He can only have 30 total stacks, so at level 5, that is 75 total of bonus armor and magic resist. That isn't too powerful, I think.

I don't think the heal is so ridiculous on the W, because WW always heals for 80% of an ability with comparable damage, but the bonus % damage might too high if he is at 100% health.
Changin that too.

Thanks for the feedback, Vangaurd, super helpful.

Alucard Vanguard 11-16-2012 11:28 PM

One unrelented question, do you think my champion should be energy or mana or ya know what, it could maybe even be a fury champ. What do you think?

Osprii 11-16-2012 11:48 PM

I like energy a lot, but its tough to balance energy usage. You also have to figure out ways for the champion to recover energy in the middle of a battle.
But, if your champion will know Kennen somehow in his lore, energy is definitely possible.

So, go for it, I guess.

Osprii 11-17-2012 02:30 PM

bump