League of Legends Community
12345 ... 7

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   [OFFICIAL POLL] OLD TT Vs. NEW TT (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2809372)

Teh RaiKu 11-16-2012 09:20 PM

[OFFICIAL POLL] OLD TT Vs. NEW TT

Okay, Pretty Simple Either vote on the POLL or Comment: OLD or NEW, to show which you like better, or say BOTH if you want them both. In my opinion, I like the OLD TT, but in respect to the people that like the NEW TT, I think they should have Both Maps.

Lets send Riot a Message of what the Community wants!

Spectre4802 11-16-2012 09:32 PM

But if Riot puts the Old TT back in, people will play both and have longer queue times and the players playing the Old TT will get pissed off that Old TT doesn't recieve any support, and the New TT players will get pissed off becuase it takes longer to get into a game, and that there's a potentially smaller pool of players.

Look, I understand that people miss Old TT, but Riot can't go back.

New TT represents forward movement, evolution and progression. Reverting back to Old TT sends the message (or would certainly send the message to me) that Riot is perfectly fine with keeping onto old things just for the sake of keeping them.

That's not how any game design company should operate. It should always be looking for ways to improve, to rework, and putting back the Old TT would undermine all of that.

So, let's stop the polls and the "bring back old TT" threads. Riot won't do it, and there'll be a lot of broken hearts and bitterness, on both sides, that could've been averted if people had instead focused their energy on telling Riot how to make the New TT better, and not to bring back the old one.

So let's tell Riot how to make the New TT better.

Koletti8 11-16-2012 11:12 PM

The problem is. The new TT is ridiculously bad... It stuns me that RIOT allowed ranked games to be played on the newest map to come out and not for dominion. What RIOT? With the new TT, they said they would replace wards with 'vision from altars'....you can only see them if they WALK ONTO it. There are so many problems because they tried to make it too complex.

IMO and from experience (which may not be much) the new TT is a bad attempt to make something new, the old TT was so simple, it was good.

NiGHTS Noob 11-18-2012 03:49 PM

You know, here's the biggest problem. At the end of the day, I can go back and play Super Mario Bros. or Super Mario World, or 64, I'm not forced to play the newest incarnations of NSMB and Galaxy. I can go to an old school server on TF2 and play with all the classic class loadouts, post patches yes, but old school weapons and maps. I can open up Starcraft 2 and play a custom game on a map that was in rotation last season, or the season before that. I can still go back and play King of Fighters '98, or 2003, I'm not forced to play XIII.

So why is it that I can't at least fire up a custom game of the Old TT, even if it's pulled out of ranked play? Summoner's Rift has only had incremental upgrades and a graphic change, but TT is a complete overhaul, you should at least preserve the old one for posterity if nothing else. Although I still think it should be kept because some people still actively want to play on it over any other map.

FiRE MANiC 11-19-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectre4802 (Hozzászólás 31517038)
that could've been averted if people had instead focused their energy on telling Riot how to make the New TT better, and not to bring back the old one.

I somewhat agree with this but there is just too much things that need to be changed on the new map. The old map was perfect in my opinion and I saw no flaws what so ever. The new map is just boring to me, it feels dull and plain, I also hate the new look for buffs. There's no jungle up top either. If Riot is ready to put a Beta sign on the new map, I hope that it's in the very early stages of Beta.

N O R I S K S 11-19-2012 12:35 AM

Junior Members blowing out a lot of hot air. The new TT is FAR better than the old TT. You can actually end games in the new TT, whereas old TT was a matter of who could turtle harder. Also, the fact that there aren't required buffs to control in the jungle (besides the team objective) means that not only bruisers that can clear lanes fast then run and clear the jungle fast are viable. The walls making dash champs op are also gone. OFC there are kinks to be worked out, but this is still better in every way over the old TT.

ImNotKarl 11-19-2012 09:28 AM

I'm a Junior Member because I didn't spend a bunch of time whining on the forums before the demise of TT. I was too busy playing the game and throwing money at Riot. With TTSI that's not an issue anymore. I play SR from time to time, but it doesn't hold my interest, and I don't have fun on TTSI even though I've honestly tried to like it. I'd just rather play PG or even Dominion before the new map. Riot blatantly interfered with old TTer's ability to get the ranked rewards at the end of season 2, as if to say, "Hey, so you know how we never give this map attention anyway and we pretty much ignore this section of the community? Well, guess what, we're not ignoring you now, we're completely pulling the rug out from under you. Good luck, suckers! Hope you didn't invest too much in this!" Some of us did.

I was ok with TT being ignored. It could have used a few minor, simple changes like an extra ban in ranked and draft pick, the Platform moved back from the Nexus and walled off, and the same sort of graphics update SR got. Instead we got a new map that isn't gratifying to a lot of the old players, and even the old players who like it would rather have both most of the time.

Sorry I don't have your Senior Member status. I've spent the last little over 2 years PLAYING the game and occasionally reading the forums as opposed to the reverse.

sn0wwarrior 11-19-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N O R I S K S (Hozzászólás 31592560)
Junior Members blowing out a lot of hot air. The new TT is FAR better than the old TT.

ok so idk what senior, junior, or straigh member status has to do with anything. So sry to the junior members for some of our more high and mighty senior members.

That being said, the new TT needs to stay, however more tweeking could be used. I like the removal of top jungle but the map feels to small now, they dont need to make it too much bigger but expanding mid jungle some would help the game as a whole.

My advice to all who want the old back: Riot can't and won't go back to the old TT, with that in mind take what you like about the current TT and make suggestions to fix the bad. Its still in "beta" for a reason.

KabalWins 11-20-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectre4802 (Hozzászólás 31517038)
So, let's stop the polls and the "bring back old TT" threads. Riot won't do it, and there'll be a lot of broken hearts and bitterness, on both sides, that could've been averted if people had instead focused their energy on telling Riot how to make the New TT better, and not to bring back the old one.

So let's tell Riot how to make the New TT better.

Wtf do you think people have been doing, what's it to you if people want to play their favorite map? People like you that haven't invested anything in it shouldn't complain that other people are voicing their opinions.
What is worse, wanting your old map back or complaining when people are voicing their opinions? Had you anything invested in the old map you'd be complaining too, as you clearly illustrate by complaining about something pointless.

Waverhouse 11-20-2012 02:24 PM

I have a real hard time understanding how a population of millions of players cannot support 2 3v3 maps.