League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How to Pronounce that Champion. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=280878)

Ryswick 10-07-2010 01:31 AM

How to Pronounce that Champion.

My friends and I play LoL a lot, and at school, we discuss our battles and whatnot, and what always gets me, is that we pronounce each of the champions' names differently. So I thought I'd get another opinion on the matter.

Cho'Gath - (Cho-Gawth) or (Cho-Gahth)?

Nasus - (Nay-Sus) or (Nah-Sus)?

Rammus - (Ray-Mus) or (Rah-Mus)?

Shaco - (Shay-Ko) or (Sha-Ko)?

Singed - (Sin-gd) -Like burnt, singed- or (Seen-gd) -Like singing or sing, but past tense. (Not sang, but singed)

Sion - (See-Awn) or (Sye-Awn) -Scion, like the car.-

Sivir - Severe? Or Sliver without the "L"?

Udyr - (Ooh-Dur)?!?!?!?!?!?!?

zankioh 10-07-2010 01:36 AM

How would you ever pronounce Rammus Ray-Mus? Impossible. Same with Shaco to some extent.
Sivir: same as severe, just shorter.

Dzung 10-07-2010 01:37 AM

most of those are obvious in that you just read it like you would an english word. particularly tricky ones are:
shaco: shay-ko
udyr: ooh-deer

10-07-2010 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryswick (Hozzászólás 3310146)
My friends and I play LoL a lot, and at school, we discuss our battles and whatnot, and what always gets me, is that we pronounce each of the champions' names differently. So I thought I'd get another opinion on the matter.

Cho'Gath - (Cho-Gawth) or (Cho-Gahth)?

Nasus - (Nay-Sus) or (Nah-Sus)?

Shaco - (Shay-Ko) or (Sha-Ko)?

Singed - (Sin-gd) -Like burnt, singed- or (Seen-gd) -Like singing or sing, but past tense. (Not sang, but singed)

Sion - (See-Awn) or (Sye-Awn) -Scion, like the car.-

Sivir - Severe? Or Sliver without the "L"?

Udyr - (Ooh-Dur)?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Thats how myself and friends pronounce them, with the exception of Rammus and Udyr, but they are both pretty close.

I pronounce Udyr as 'Yew-dyr', weird but it sounds normal to me.. lol.

Rammus as.. 'Ram-us'. *shrug*

All personal choice to how you pronounce them :)

Tongy 10-07-2010 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryswick (Hozzászólás 3310146)

ok.

Dullindal 10-07-2010 01:40 AM

Hmm, i can only tell you how i pronounce em.

Tjogat
Nassus
Rammus really stays rammus, but Rah-mus sounds about right.
Sha-ko
Singed sounds almost the same as Signed, but yea obviously with gn flipped around.
I dunno the car scion, but i pronounce it more as Sayun.
Sivir.. hard 1, prolly sivier.
Udier

Shinnyshin 10-07-2010 01:40 AM

Or Janna pronounced with a Y (Yanna) instad of Jan-nah, like most people do?

She is Scandinavian-esque, after all.

Gaffadin 10-07-2010 01:42 AM

Since I'm British I pronounce Warwick as "War-ick", since Warwick and Warwickshire are places in England and are pronounced like that.

All my American friends pronounce it War-wick and I have to keep telling them that they are wrong.

I would appreciate a Riot post telling all my friends that they are wrong and I am right. As an Englishman I should be considered the authority on the Queen's English and pronunciation thereof.

Adelle 10-07-2010 01:42 AM

Cho-Gath, there is no W, say it how it looks.

Nasus - Nah-sus.

Rammus - Ram, like the animal, mus. like musk without the k.

Shaco - Shay-ko, I hear Sha-ko a lot, I've always even called the Diablo 2 LoD Item "Shay-ko"

Singed - Like burned, my brother says "Singed" like incorrect past tense of "sing" and it is annoying. He is a chemist, it's singed, burned.

Sion: I actually switch between both, Sci/Psy-on or See-on.

Sivir: Like Severe, but with 'i's instead of 'e's (sounds a tad different to severe).

Udyr - Ooh-dir (rhymes with here).

Roberick 10-07-2010 01:43 AM

I pronounce Rammus "Ram us"
As in "Ram us in the ass."