League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   @RiotNome Dominion Aura (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2808778)

Arance 11-16-2012 06:23 PM

@RiotNome Dominion Aura

Just wondering what your thoughts are on the free AD/AP %Pen now that the calculations order of operations has changed. It seems like all the other Penetration sources are being nerfed in accordance, except maybe a few champ effects like Xerath and Darius.

This seems to be especially a boon to AD, which get more than double the Penetration that AP does. (12% AD vs 5% AP for any who don't know.)

Sauron 11-16-2012 06:26 PM

I detailed this in that big thread earlier, but I surmise if they removed this and made defensive items more clutch (like Thornmail) and less globally useful (like FH), then we'd have a much better power curve for bruisers.

They're reducing the cost of Thornmail by a lot but it's also apparently getting removed on TT? So I'm not sure of its status. FH is also getting a cost increase, which is good.

The changes to penetration itself should make it better as a whole, but we'll see.

DiscworldDeath 11-16-2012 06:34 PM

Sauron, watch surrenderat20 for item costs, with the screenshots. RoG has many inaccuracies on costs - Thornmail is going to cost 2,200 and not 1,400. They listed all the Spirit Stone upgrades without Spirit Stone and thus also 800 gold too cheap, etc.

Snoop Nome 11-16-2012 06:42 PM

I'm going to leave the penetration aura the same for S3 patch. We'll adjust after based on feedback.

Not a fan of Thornmail personally. It's either a trap or too good.

Sauron 11-16-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath (Hozzászólás 31511668)
Sauron, watch surrenderat20 for item costs, with the screenshots. RoG has many inaccuracies on costs - Thornmail is going to cost 2,200 and not 1,400. They listed all the Spirit Stone upgrades without Spirit Stone and thus also 800 gold too cheap, etc.

Ahh, okay. BRB surrendering at 20.

Coldfyrre 11-16-2012 06:54 PM

Hope this doesn't all go live all in one patch, its way too much, I still feel lost on the pbe after 4-5 games.

Arance 11-16-2012 07:03 PM

Good to know, Nome. Personally I think you could just bump the AD Pen to 10% and everything would work out fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldfyrre (Hozzászólás 31512328)
Hope this doesn't all go live all in one patch, its way too much, I still feel lost on the pbe after 4-5 games.

Many of the item changes/introductions are dependent on one another, though. One of the reasons BFT is seeing 4-6 purchases per game is because, besides the obvious being quite OP, its also 'the' brand-new toy everyone's gotta try on every champ.

SlasherBag 11-16-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotNome (Hozzászólás 31511947)

The too good part is far less often. Thornmail is a good counter to ad's bot, and an okay pick against a late game vayne/kog when your team has a FH/rand. The trap part for a number of occasions, but I would say having it in as a trap vs making it so a bot can't get fed and swap top, or %health AD's can't completely wreck tanks is okay by me, especially with the meta turning into grabbing two ad carries at times.

bierfaust 11-16-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

I'm going to leave the penetration aura the same for S3 patch. We'll adjust after based on feedback.

Well you have pretty much proved that you don't listen to player feedback when it comes to DOM so why bother even mentioning that you're not changing anything?

Tortferngatr 11-16-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Why not make a mini-version that is stronger if a Taunted target hits you? Like so:

60 Armor
10 AD

Builds from Longsword+Cloth Armor+Chain Vest (S3 stats)
Returns a flat amount of magic damage per level to autoattackers who attack you. This effect is multiplied against targets that autoattack you while Taunted.

The main idea is to essentially fill the itemization gap Thornmail leaves (namely, a nice damage item for Taunters/armor scalers.) Stats are optimized to give Rammus 25 AD, just like old Thornmail did.