League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Dominion Test Group on the PBE (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2808310)

Demonite10 11-16-2012 04:15 PM

Dominion Test Group on the PBE

Greetings Dominioneers,

I posted a thread in the PBE forums regarding testers for Dominion on the PBE, and I think it would also be worthwhile to let all of you know about it here. Join the dominatedominion channel on the PBE, and lets see if we can get some games going. Matchmaking for Dom does not find games after a 60 minute wait, so our best bet at testing Dom is to make customs. Hope to see you there!

BeefJerkyHunter 11-17-2012 06:48 AM

I guess it would be nice if people actually tested stuff for Dominion.

Demonite10 11-17-2012 04:13 PM

Conclusions from tests last night:
-El's Miracle might not seem worthwhile. As advertised, it disappeared after 3 levels and reduced the CD on Revive by 20%, but I couldn't really feel the effects. Maybe if I had used it for bot lane it would've been different
-The juicebox item(Crystalline Vial..or something like that) seems to be a worthwhile investment early in the game
-Homeguard is stupidly broken and having it disabled is the right choice.
-Melee carries seem more viable across the board, due to items like Mercurial Saber and the various other items that increase movement speed
-Like speculated earlier, Elise seems to have been balanced for S3. There's a mastery called Spellsword in the O tree that adds 5% of your AP as +on-hit damage. The new Malady adds 3%...Lichbane now adds %AP on your next attack....spider form does the same.........Yeah, watch out for Elise in all gamemodes! I'd imagine this would also be strong for Jax, Jayce, Nid, Teemo, Skarner, and just about every other hybrid champ.
-BFT and the Liandra's Torment's passive damage don't seem to be overbearingly strong. The few times I saw myself ticking down to death were due to Teemo shrooms...and you know, those things do 800 base damage anyway, so I'm guessing the pain wasn't from BFT.
-There are WAY more builds that you could work now, due to how items have been changed: easy example - Vamp Scepter now builds out of a Longsword and gives 10 AD and 10% Lifesteal, the Vamp Scepter is then used in virtually EVERYTHING that gives you lifesteal, making it inefficient to your build to try to stack lifesteal. Avarice Blade is used in several things that give crit, including Atma's Impaler, making it a much more useful item.

Does anybody have anything specific that they're itching to see tested, or does anyone have any questions?

bierfaust 11-17-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aroyok (Hozzászólás 31544232)
-El's Miracle might not seem worthwhile. As advertised, it disappeared after 3 levels and reduced the CD on Revive by 20%, but I couldn't really feel the effects. Maybe if I had used it for bot lane it would've been different
-The juicebox item(Crystalline Vial..or something like that) seems to be a worthwhile investment early in the game
-Melee carries seem more viable across the board, due to items like Mercurial Saber and the various other items that increase movement speed
-Like speculated earlier, Elise seems to have been balanced for S3. There's a mastery called Spellsword in the O tree that adds 5% of your AP as +on-hit damage. The new Malady adds 3%...Lichbane now adds %AP on your next attack....spider form does the same.........Yeah, watch out for Elise in all gamemodes! I'd imagine this would also be strong for Jax, Jayce, Nid, Teemo, Skarner, and just about every other hybrid champ.
-BFT and the Liandra's Torment's passive damage don't seem to be overbearingly strong. The few times I saw myself ticking down to death were due to Teemo shrooms...and you know, those things do 800 base damage anyway, so I'm guessing the pain wasn't from BFT.
-There are WAY more builds that you could work now, due to how items have been changed: easy example - Vamp Scepter now builds out of a Longsword and gives 10 AD and 10% Lifesteal, the Vamp Scepter is then used in virtually EVERYTHING that gives you lifesteal, making it inefficient to your build to try to stack lifesteal. Avarice Blade is used in several things that give crit, including Atma's Impaler, making it a much more useful item.

Does anybody have anything specific that they're itching to see tested, or does anyone have any questions?

How do the AD casters measure up? Are AD casters, other than Pantheon, actually going to be able to compete past 10 mins? (item wise Im referring to)

Just picked up Zed and at he moment he seems really out of place without a decent build path. And I don't really want him to turn into another Tanky/AD like Kha Zix.

Also on a side note, has Armor finally been brought into line with the changes to FH and Wardens?

Redeemed In Fire 11-17-2012 05:13 PM

Id love to join, but the queue is horrendous right now :<

Demonite10 11-17-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bierfaust (Hozzászólás 31545842)
How do the AD casters measure up? Are AD casters, other than Pantheon, actually going to be able to compete past 10 mins? (item wise Im referring to)

Just picked up Zed and at he moment he seems really out of place without a decent build path. And I don't really want him to turn into another Tanky/AD like Kha Zix.

Also on a side note, has Armor finally been brought into line with the changes to FH and Wardens?

AD casters are definitely going to be better in S3. The reworked Black Cleaver gives stats that we've all wanted - CDR, Pen, tankiness and AD...AND THEN it grants armor reduction on any physical damage! It stacks 5 times, Pants' E hits 3 times...Garen's E hits 6 times...Renekton's spin hits 3 times with rage...lots of armor reduction going round. Other AD casters like Urgot are also getting some candy. Manamune(and Archangel Staff) when fully charged upgrade into new items. The upgraded Manamune can be toggled to use 4% of your mana to double your damage.

And if none of that is appealing to you, then perhaps you'd be interested to know that tanky derps and tanks are going to be slightly weaker, assassins are going to be stronger, and ranged and melee carries are going to be bumped up as well...in other words, the damage next season should be higher all round. Last thing about AD casters, the change of %pen before flat pen definitely weakens tankies, so right there, inherently AD casters are getting a bump.

Armor being brought in line...not exactly sure what you mean, but I'll throw out an arbitrary answer that could help you =P
Due to the change in build paths and the diversity of items, I highly doubt you'll see anybody grabbing Frozen Heart AND Randuins. Actually, I'd even be surprised if somebody were to grab FH/Randiuns and the new Frozen Fist. And well, if somebody did grab FH+Randuin's+FFist...%pen before flat pen would get them wrecked...not to mention that damage right now seems to be higher across the board for damage dealing champs. I can't give you any numbers...I'm not a numbers kind of guy...but that's what it feels like at the moment.

BeefJerkyHunter 11-17-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aroyok (Hozzászólás 31544232)

Wow, cool! I look forward to reading more of your observations.

bierfaust 11-17-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aroyok (Hozzászólás 31548048)
AD casters are definitely going to be better in S3. The reworked Black Cleaver gives stats that we've all wanted - CDR, Pen, tankiness and AD...AND THEN it grants armor reduction on any physical damage! It stacks 5 times, Pants' E hits 3 times...Garen's E hits 6 times...Renekton's spin hits 3 times with rage...lots of armor reduction going round. Other AD casters like Urgot are also getting some candy. Manamune(and Archangel Staff) when fully charged upgrade into new items. The upgraded Manamune can be toggled to use 4% of your mana to double your damage.

And if none of that is appealing to you, then perhaps you'd be interested to know that tanky derps and tanks are going to be slightly weaker, assassins are going to be stronger, and ranged and melee carries are going to be bumped up as well...in other words, the damage next season should be higher all round. Last thing about AD casters, the change of %pen before flat pen definitely weakens tankies, so right there, inherently AD casters are getting a bump.

Armor being brought in line...not exactly sure what you mean, but I'll throw out an arbitrary answer that could help you =P
Due to the change in build paths and the diversity of items, I highly doubt you'll see anybody grabbing Frozen Heart AND Randuins. Actually, I'd even be surprised if somebody were to grab FH/Randiuns and the new Frozen Fist. And well, if somebody did grab FH+Randuin's+FFist...%pen before flat pen would get them wrecked...not to mention that damage right now seems to be higher across the board for damage dealing champs. I can't give you any numbers...I'm not a numbers kind of guy...but that's what it feels like at the moment.

Sounds good, but what I was referring to with armor is that currently armor is far too cheap to buy and gives far too much benefit. There is no reason to upgrade wardens to Randuins when u get the passive with the base item and FH is a given on pretty much everyone.

I was hoping they would be adjusting their price or values to actually make the items worth considering, but not a given as they are now. Because of the passive ArPen and MPen on crystal scar, there really is no insentive to not just build 3-4 tank items+trinity/sanguine blade. In other words, tanky derps.

Demonite10 11-17-2012 06:38 PM

Cloth Armor is still 300 and Null Mantle is still 400, Chainmail is now 720 and Negatron is now 810. Giant's belt is now 1000...realized this last game - you can now start a Dom match with Giant's Belt and Boots 1.

As far as incentivizing not building 3-4 tank items...personally, I usually build a defense trifecta - 1 hp item, 1 armor item and 1 mresist item, +defense boots...so that'd come out to 3-4 tank items. The difference with S3 is, do I build Randuin or Frozen Heart or Frozen Fist? Do I build Spirit Visage or Odyn's Veil or Wraith Collar? Like reds mentioned, the item changes are aimed more at customizing your gameplay. You could play tanky Frozen Fist Skarner, or you could play Spellsword hybrid Skarner and go with Malady+Lichbane+Gunblade.

But back to the point...there probably isn't a reason not to build tanky derp on chars that benefit from it. Seriously. That said, tanky derps are passively nerfed by the other damage dealers being buffed. Support champs will be able to CC and remove CC via items. The changes definitely shake up the meta, and you can definitely expect tanky derp stacking to end.

Omnipherious 11-17-2012 08:53 PM

I predict Crystalline Flask being a popular pick up and items like Frozen Fists / Wraith Collar on the mages / tanks.

The MR nerf will help casters quite a bit. Only Runic Bulwark (Aegis upgrade) provides 60 MR. Every other high tier item is capped at 50 MR and with the new penetration calculation order I'd say mages overall are in a better spot.

As for bruisers, I don't think there will be much change save for slightly more build diversity. Probably still gonna see them and with the increased options for CDR we might see more skirmishes off tower. Sword of the Divine might be a new pick up for champs like Jax, Kayle and Vayne.