League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   REQUEST: Mia Button (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2806353)

TechnoMad 11-16-2012 06:16 AM

REQUEST: Mia Button

It doesn't happen often but when it does it's disheartening. You see you lane is mia, you go to type "mia" or "mid mia" or w/e and in that instant you get ganked. With your hands out of position, that 1 second differential can mean life or death.

While it may not be a long time to take you hands off the mouse to type, it is time and does take away from the flow of the game. Pings "can" be used but they have so many other meanings that merely pinging your lane will raise more questions than will answer in your team.

So I'm thinking it would be nice to have a MIA BUTTON. This could be hotkeyed just like the alert and retreat pings. Then, at the press of one button, a chat marker (or even better a teamwide announcement) would say mia for your lane so the rest of the team knows what's up.

This is especially useful for laning against champs like eve or kass that either disappear or leave their lane often.

Thoughts?

EDIT: To all the Nay Sayers....

I WIN!!!!! :)

Grollm 11-16-2012 06:19 AM

It already exists. It's called control-click on the mini-map. And you press enter and say, "mia."Problem solved.

SatanInDisguise 11-16-2012 06:21 AM

Type SS instead of mia it means the same thing and can be typed just as quickly with one hand.

TechnoMad 11-16-2012 06:25 AM

Typing, no matter how efficient, still has a higher lag than a button.
Using both hands, hands off mouse, press enter, type "ss" or "mia" with both hands, press enter.
Using one hand, move hand to enter, press enter, type with one hand, press enter, retrun hand to hotkeys.
No less than 1 second with either method.

With button, move cursor to button, press.
No more than 200 ms with this method.

Always more efficient to have a button solution hence the request.

LogicalTautology 11-16-2012 06:33 AM

Alternate solution: Learn map awareness.
Having your midlane call 'MIA' when Eve disappears from lane is a privilege, not something you should expect. Your teammate should not be typing MIA if it causes them to miss a single creep kill. Your teammate should not be typing MIA if it slows him from quickly pushing his lane. Your teammate should not be typing MIA if he can go take his/their Wraiths instead.
Take responsibility to protect yourself from ganks. Use wards. Have map awareness. Learn to glace at least once every couple of seconds. Learn to hit tab regularly to check up on opponents.

Ramachese 11-16-2012 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LogicalTautology (Hozzászólás 31488414)
Alternate solution: Learn map awareness.
Having your midlane call 'MIA' when Eve disappears from lane is a privilege, not something you should expect. Your teammate should not be typing MIA if it causes them to miss a single creep kill. Your teammate should not be typing MIA if it slows him from quickly pushing his lane. Your teammate should not be typing MIA if he can go take his/their Wraiths instead.
Take responsibility to protect yourself from ganks. Use wards. Have map awareness. Learn to glace at least once every couple of seconds. Learn to hit tab regularly to check up on opponents.

Have to disagree - in part - here.

Sometimes what is seen or not seen on the map is not really accurate to what is going on. Only the person in the lane knows for certain what is going on there. It is also best to provide your teammates with all the information possible as the game progresses.

One thing I do like about DOTA2 a lot is the verbal announcer that say 'missing mid' or whatever. It helps the overall situational awareness.

gogy09 11-16-2012 06:59 AM

I think it's gonna be really chaotic with 3 ping buttons. There's already the 'signals to be careful' ping, I think that's enough.

deirin 11-16-2012 06:59 AM

lol...w/e

TheJGWentworth 11-16-2012 07:17 AM

press v and click anywhere. tadaa!

Meleficus 11-16-2012 07:23 AM

I for one would love a clickable option. you don't have to use any of the buttons if you dont want, instead using the keyboard. i feel like it wouldn't hurt anything at least.