League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Revive going to be useless after patch? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2805973)

Mindllapse 11-16-2012 02:43 AM

Revive going to be useless after patch?

The new masteries show that the Revive mastery now gives you the health buff after reviving. The current Revive in the game right now gives that health buff by itself, and movement speed if you get the mastery.

I assume that this will mean the new Revive will not give health buff, and the mastery will give health buff instead of speed.

Because of this, there may be little reason to take Revive anymore unless you are bot lane. Without the speed buff on Revive, it will be extremely situational and rather rare for someone who is top to use it and be back in the fight on time. I imagine it only to be good in very specific situations or on very specific champions where you would have time to Revive and re-enter the fight where you died without the speed buff.

If they are at your mid or bot, of course it will work since the distance is not that long. But if the fight is at windmill then I don't think Revive will be a necessary pick anymore.

Taking Exhaust + Barrier looks pretty appealing to win that first windmill fight.

Tempestphile 11-16-2012 02:44 AM

well, you can always do 8 21 1

but then seeing a lot of CDR moved to utility, i think its worth even going 21 on that side

and I don't think they will introduce barrier to Dominion (i thought)

and i believe exhaust / ignite will get some nerfs.

DiscworldDeath 11-16-2012 03:02 AM

21 in utility just seems bad. They moved a lot of good things over, but it just feels meh compared to other things.

2nd tier in utility is great for SR AP mids, do you want more flash ignites, more zhonya and DFG, more mana?

Defensive tree still seems the best. Can easily spend 25-30 pts there.

TakoyakiGunso 11-16-2012 06:49 AM

If you're still after the movement speed increase from the revive, it's on the spell now normally now. the health and speed just did a switch

BuddhaRice 11-17-2012 08:16 AM

If what TakoyakiGunso said is correct, then revive still #1 huaehu

Orphane 11-17-2012 08:18 AM

9/20/1 is easily doable. 9/17 or 9/15 are also easily doable. Revive = still a good spell without bonus hp.

And yes, they folded the movement speed into the base functionality of Revive. Basically the mastery swapped the hp and ms.

HaIfhearted 11-17-2012 10:20 AM

Like Orphane said, when I went on the PBE I gravitated towards 21/8/1 and 9/20/1.
The revive mastery is stronger than the final point in defense, and definitely stronger than tier 3 defense.

DiscworldDeath 11-17-2012 10:26 AM

Depends on what you play. If you play bruisers, you really want tier 3/4 in defense for tenacity/slow reduction.

If you're ranged and squishy, you could probably do without.

AlphaFerric 11-17-2012 01:43 PM

So, my first thoughts on Revive not giving a speed boost were very similar to yours. After giving it some thought though, it doesn't really effect the spell much at all, because both teams are equally lacking the speed boost. What I think this does mean, is the fight at top will be much less contested depending on how fast one team dies, which will change if a team uses revive right away or not (rather than just unload, die, revive, get back). Whether it is used or not in that scenario, revive is still too useful to save/gank bot and exert lots of pressure on top with the added health, but I'd like to see the other options for spells before I make any kind of decision as to what the new flash will be.

DiscworldDeath 11-17-2012 01:51 PM

Alpha, they moved the MS to the spell itself, and moved the HP from the spell to the mastery.