League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   A Modest syndra proposal (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2803363)

LimesV 11-15-2012 04:25 PM

A Modest syndra proposal

Ok so it seems to be a pretty general conclusion that syndra just seems to lack something in the power department. Her kit when nerfed/buffed seems to always be too weak or too powerful and never just right.I have always felt like the one thing that made syndra feel lackluster was the fact that after summoning her orbs they did nothing... just stayed in place waiting for you to toss them around or just fizzled into non existence... I have been thinking about this a while now and the one thing I have always wanted syndra to have is a dot effect and slow applied to her orbs. I don't know alot of theory crafting so I'm not going to apply hard numbers to this post but imagine how useful for kiting/ manipulation the orbs could become if they did say 80% initial burst damage and %20 ap dmg and a 10-20% slow over their duration. This would make her orbs a useful tool that could be used to manipulate the enemy and actually make it dangerous for them to get near them. It would add a real challenge to her kit, while slightly lowering her damage, but providing new opportunities to promote intelligent play.

I know my format isn't the greatest most thorough as I just had to get this out now but I would like to see everyone's opinion on this idea. Do you think it would major OP or do you think syndra could benefit from this like I do?

Naturia 11-15-2012 06:59 PM

This would really benefit Syndra!

LimesV 11-16-2012 05:09 PM

Bump

Ansaa 11-16-2012 05:53 PM

I agree, Syndra still needs some love.

I re-watched her champion spotlight and it said in team fights you should disrupt the battle.

But how? Her stun can hit several champs, but that leaves her vulnerable (Except for flash) aand the stun only lasts 1.5 seconds. With a bit of tenacity, its barely noticed.
Same with her slow, its very weak.

I say, let her Dark Spheres grant vision (For like a second as they form) and have them slow the targets, which will decay quickly. They also need to last longer.

Her W should last longer, and the grabbed sphere/minion should be held closer to her, so it can get to its target faster. Also, its slow should be increased a little more than 33% at Rank 5.

Her E is fine I'd say.

Her Ult should have some additional effect, like crippling the enemy (Reducing heal and slowing them... they were hit by "cataclysmic power" after all.) because nothing is worse than ulting an enemy and watching them escape with 50 hp left!

Also, her PASSIVE. Give it some additional effect, and let it also benefit Unleashed Power at Rank 3.
For an additional effect, why not increase her base attack damage by #% of her AP or something?

LimesV 11-16-2012 06:08 PM

Yeah I would really love it if her orbs could grant vision. So silly that they cannot lol. I also feel like her orbs could really benefit from the dot damage along with the slow. It doesn't have to be huge damage but forcing the opponent to choose between moving to a disadvantageous position or taking some damage and slow can make for some great mind games.

Aaand
Quote:

Her Ult should have some additional effect, like crippling the enemy (Reducing heal and slowing them... they were hit by "cataclysmic power" after all.) because nothing is worse than ulting an enemy and watching them escape with 50 hp left!
This here is again exactly why I mentioned both the dot and slow. With the slow and dot on her Q it would naturally transfer over to her Ult making it a hard burst ability that also created a field of damage and slow forcing the enemy team to avoid it all together or take a pretty decent penalty in health and speed.

Tsugaga 11-16-2012 06:35 PM

I totally agree and I said the same exact thing about her orbs laying around th4e ground being useless just a few hours ago! xD Check out my Syndra thoughts here

Btw her ult damage is fine, one of the strongest single target abilities in the game, if not #1.

SleepyDeath 11-16-2012 06:56 PM

i couldn't care less about syndra, but i love the swift reference in the title. awesome

LimesV 11-16-2012 07:52 PM

I always have enjoyed swifts writings =)

Ansaa 11-16-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LimesV (Hozzászólás 31510936)
This here is again exactly why I mentioned both the dot and slow. With the slow and dot on her Q it would naturally transfer over to her Ult making it a hard burst ability that also created a field of damage and slow forcing the enemy team to avoid it all together or take a pretty decent penalty in health and speed.

Right! I completely forgot about how the spheres lay around after an ult. Adding some extra effects to Dark Spheres would be incredibly helpful... that slowing and damage and vision would make her so much better, and let her fulfill her role of "disrupting" combat better.

LimesV 11-16-2012 08:08 PM

Yeah It would make it so she finally could disrupt! lol as it stands her only real disrupt was her stun which is pretty tricky to use. I am praying that Riot has come up with an idea similar to mine or will see this and many of the other ideas posted by everyone on the forums.