League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Tankards (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2802341)

Sprix 11-15-2012 12:23 PM

Tankards

Hey,

Been having a hard time with vsing tanks still in the Twisted. There are teams going nothing but tank still owning everything in their path so it seems to me anyways. Just wondering how everyone else out there is dealing with tanks or if they are just bending over and taking it. Let me know how your handling tanks please.

Thanks!

LitchOmatic 11-15-2012 12:25 PM

yep there is no way around them seems like they all have so much cc as well i understand the need however it seems the way to win in the treeline now is just hp if you have to much you can not be killed and its a little annoying and also very frustrating

SaveTheMaids 11-15-2012 12:49 PM

You have to win it early, especially if you have more than one squishy champion on your team.

It's a lot harder to peel for squishy champions here.

I use tanks pretty much every game and even I don't like having squishy teammates without escapes because trying to peel an enemy Maokai, Wukong, and Katarina from a squishy Ashe and Annie just gets impossible after a certain point in the game.

What's worse is that they can't really go anywhere by themselves, since if they get caught any member of the enemy team they're pretty much dead.

Rompedor 11-15-2012 01:00 PM

First things first. Don't mentally defeat yourself when you see a Voli, Darius, Olaf combo. They wanna play tanks? Fine. You can still win by out playing them.

If I am playing a squishy, I make sure to always have flash and ghost. That adds tremendously to my escape tools.

Items are a HUGE help to you fighting tanks especially some of these new ones. If they have high health, go for a Blade of the Ruined King, Blackfire Torch, Madrid's Blood Razor or Deathfire grasp. They are designed to melt health away. If they are stacking armor, you build armor pen. Same with magic resistance and magic pen. If the have high health regeneration or healing look for items that inflict "grievous wounds." I believe for APs its Morellos Evil Tome. There is one for AD's too. It reducing their healing by 50%.

Build your champ depending on your opponent, don't just go for standard build every time. You may need to mix and match a bit but you can beat them!

LitchOmatic 11-15-2012 03:10 PM

how are you finding the time to beat the teams that go all tank....you cant lane cause you cant kill them....when 3 people on your team cant kill 1 of there tanks how do you expect to win.. late game right... the games ive been playing with tanks lately do not make it into the late game esp with singed and malph and other ap tanks like that who can take a beating and still give one...i mean and also voli im not to sure if he is a tank or an adc with as hard as i get hit by him sometimes

edit: also the Blade of the ruined King turns it into magic dmg correct.... what about the tanks who stack both

Brycearoni 11-15-2012 03:13 PM

Tanks generally are melee only, range and kiting in a nutshell.

Sprix 11-15-2012 06:41 PM

Yea but there is voli and the tanks that can catch you pretty easy is the only problem.

Innersist 11-15-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprix (Hozzászólás 31450917)
Hey,

Been having a hard time with vsing tanks still in the Twisted. There are teams going nothing but tank still owning everything in their path so it seems to me anyways. Just wondering how everyone else out there is dealing with tanks or if they are just bending over and taking it. Let me know how your handling tanks please.

Thanks!

This describes perfectly the last TT game I did. Darius, Shyvana, and Garen. All built tank. Could not do a thing because we couldn't deal with their early game dominance and then late game unkillability.

Because laning is so dangerous, champs have to rely on base stats and base damage. Every game I have ever played of the new TT has been basically decided before level 3. The team with the best early game and aggression wins. If you aren't a team full of tanks, you will lose.

I miss the old TT :(

Uncle Jellyfish 11-15-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Innersist (Hozzászólás 31466140)
Because laning is so dangerous, champs have to rely on base stats and base damage. Every game I have ever played of the new TT has been basically decided before level 3. The team with the best early game and aggression wins. If you aren't a team full of tanks, you will lose.

Wrong. As a Lulu main, I squeal with glee whenever I see a tanky team. Especially if I end up laning against them. Tanks are VERY easy to push out of lane early on, as they lack the damage effectively trade. Not to mention that if they are building damage first, instead of durability, they will fall to poking.

If you're talking about bruisers, and not just tanks, the vast majority of them are melee, which means that ranged champs, or those with a nice poke (Olaf, Ezreal, Mundo, Lulu, etc.) can whittle them down well before they can close in and pose any sort of threat.

Another way to beat them is to scare them. If you know you have the upper hand early on, play aggressive and make them afraid to fight you. Even when your advantage falls off later, the mindset will remain.

If that's too hard for you, then try practicing more, or just bite the bullet and play a tanky team yourself.