League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Dr. Mundo in SITT: Useless. Stop picking Him (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2801696)

Sinisterio 11-15-2012 06:42 AM

Dr. Mundo in SITT: Useless. Stop picking Him

I know I'm going to get a lot a flack for this comment, but Mundo is horrible in the new Shadow Isles Twisted Treeline(SITT). I've played as him and against him. So i know what im talking about. When I see him on the enemy team I say, "sweet. We got this".

Ignite wrecks Mundo and everyone takes ignite in 3v3. The hatchet makes matters worse.

I challenge someone to make a video and post it showing How to play Mundo in SITT. And I don't mean post a video of a fed Mundo. Any champ is op when fed. I want to see actual skillful gameplay with him.

SINzAfterDark 11-15-2012 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinisterio (Hozzászólás 31443151)
I know I'm going to get a lot a flack for this comment, but Mundo is horrible in the new Shadow Isles Twisted Treeline(SITT). I've played as him and against him. So i know what im talking about. When I see him on the enemy team I say, "sweet. We got this".

Ignite wrecks Mundo and everyone takes ignite in 3v3. The hatchet makes matters worse.

I challenge someone to make a video and post it showing How to play Mundo in SITT. And I don't mean post a video of a fed Mundo. Any champ is op when fed. I want to see actual skillful gameplay with him.

Someone hasnt seen Sam play him, or countless others above gold that carry with him.

Sinisterio 11-15-2012 06:51 AM

Can't say that I have. You have a link to a video or replay of him using Mundo?

Weenis Too 11-15-2012 08:05 AM

Im no pro at TT but my win rate with mundo especially on the new tt is near 90% (until they removed thronmail)

The removal of thronmail is the only thing that made mundo unviable now imo as sheer glass cannon ad characters now can EASILLLLY face check and trade with him.

removal of thronmail has now turned tt from 2 bruisers 1 ap to 3 glass cannon ads tanks cant protect anyone anymore.

Just as a side not if that ignite issue was a true issue he wouldn't be played professionally in 5s where there is even more ignites

VIOLENTxSHINOBI 11-15-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinisterio (Hozzászólás 31443363)
Can't say that I have. You have a link to a video or replay of him using Mundo?

He has links to his stream in the TT forum, there is a red post badge in the thread so it should be easy to find. Watch it, ask him to show you how to Mundo. He is pretty good at responding to his chat.

Sinisterio 11-15-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weenis Too (Hozzászólás 31445150)
Im no pro at TT but my win rate with mundo especially on the new tt is near 90% (until they removed thronmail)

The removal of thronmail is the only thing that made mundo unviable now imo as sheer glass cannon ad characters now can EASILLLLY face check and trade with him.

removal of thronmail has now turned tt from 2 bruisers 1 ap to 3 glass cannon ads tanks cant protect anyone anymore.

Just as a side not if that ignite issue was a true issue he wouldn't be played professionally in 5s where there is even more ignites

Mundo in tourneys is just a flavor of the week. Only one team really used him. He's garbage

VIOLENTxSHINOBI 11-15-2012 08:19 AM

I forgot... He was also the featured streamer not that long ago, check Riot's home page.

Kmacc 11-15-2012 08:28 AM

The only issue with mundo is that he is there to enable his team to kill people bu being an unkillable person charging headfirst into the enemy team throwing cleavers and being a generally annoying badass. This issue that mundo has is getting to a state where hes tanky enough to do that and if your team has the damage to follow up on your initiation. With his only CC being a skillshot slow he doesn't work with every team comp but for team comps that he does work in he does his job above average.

And to the comment about mundo only being "flavor of the week" the only reason teams are not picking him as commonly anymore is because he doesn't fit a lot of team comps. A good example would be a diving team comp it is better to have a Shyvana (especially if you have an ori) to just ult onto the carries to initiate rather than charging at them with a crazy look in their eye.

chaser676 11-15-2012 08:32 AM

Mundo is picked or banned almost all diamond level 3v3 play. In fact, gucci gaming, the number 1 3v3 team, plays him every game they can.

Sinisterio 11-15-2012 08:34 AM

Here's an example:
It's a 1v1 fight against Olaf and we are the same level
MR: 147
ARM: 120
HP: 3100

I died in about 5 seconds.

And I kicked off my ult.