League of Legends Community
12345 ... 8

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   PVP.net Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Putting a summoner on "Ignore" should prevent getting grouped with them. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2801305)

Tarreb 11-15-2012 01:48 AM

Putting a summoner on "Ignore" should prevent getting grouped with them.

It is my opinion that if I put someone on my ignore list, the matchmaking system should never put them in a team with me again.

I was in a pregame lobby, and someone decided to troll, and one of the other people dodged the queue. I stopped my queue, and added the troll to my ignore list, and reentered the queue, where I was met with the same troll.

Edit: Just to clarify, this would not prevent a person in someone's ignore list from being placed in a match with them as an opponent, it would just prevent them from being placed as a teammate.

RiotKiddington 11-15-2012 02:28 AM

I understand your frustration and I do agree this is a problem. If you give Riot enough time, we will come up with a solution to address this kind of issue. For your suggestion, the main concern is that how do we prevent this feature getting abused? One way to abuse this is by adding all the people above my rank to the ignore list, and then I will only get matched with people below my skill level. I will then be able to farm my way to the top of the ladder.

Razekal 11-15-2012 02:32 AM

What if it was similar to the recently added matchmaking parameter for number of wins? That way it tries to keep you away from people you've ignored, but if no players are available it pairs you with ignored players of similar elo.

Amariithynar 11-15-2012 02:39 AM

@RiotKiddington, They should be the last people you get grouped with, so it's vanishingly unlikely to occur, butif you're, say, in ranked, high tier ELO, and ignore all your competition, it won't lock you out of playing, or only queue you with low level people. There's no chance of it being a concern in normals considering the number of players constantly playing, but it would still be easier to just design the one format and apply it equally.

Robbynn 11-15-2012 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotKiddington (Hozzászólás 31439656)
I understand your frustration and I do agree this is a problem. If you give Riot enough time, we will come up with a solution to address this kind of issue. For your suggestion, the main concern is that how do we prevent this feature getting abused? One way to abuse this is by adding all the people above my rank to the ignore list, and then I will only get matched with people below my skill level. I will then be able to farm my way to the top of the ladder.

I understand this statement and it makes me sad that it would actually happen. I would really like to not be matched with people I ignore and I don't get it a lot but it does happen. At the same time, I accept that those type of circumstances would arise.

Illyriomysterio 11-15-2012 02:41 AM

Quote:

Require a check of if the person is also reported after the game. If there is an alarming number of reports, that would show abuse, wouldn't it?

SnuggleParty 11-15-2012 02:50 AM

I'd personally like to see at least a short window where I wouldn't be matched with them again. Say... a week? This would make RiotKiddington's point far less effective and therefore less likely to occur, all while making sure I don't have to get trolled by the same person more than once a week. Plus, you never know, someone could just be having an off day.

Falleth 11-15-2012 02:53 AM

Quote:

You wouldn't be matched with them AS A TEAM - they would still be in the opposing team. This way you wouldn't have to tolerate them, while they would still be around.

Done, fixed, voila.

Shnksy 11-15-2012 03:11 AM

As awesome as this would be to avoid the frustration of having to play with some of the trolls in this game what Kiddington said is exactly why it can't happen. It would be oh they this guy always beats me in lane in ranked so I'm gonna put him on ignore so I don't have to play against them anymore. Although it could maybe work as a normal only thing.

Tarreb 11-15-2012 03:30 AM

Quote:

What I'm suggesting wouldn't work that way. It would only prevent them from being put in your team, not on the team opposing yours (since it doesn't matter if you can't respond to them or not). In this case, putting everyone higher ranked than you wouldn't help you, it would actually be a hindrance (since your opponents could have higher rankings, but your allies would not).