League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 14

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Entropy and Kitae's (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2800349)

George W Nome 11-14-2012 07:56 PM

Entropy and Kitae's

Anyone buy these? Worth remaking?

Cauldrath 11-14-2012 07:59 PM

Entropy is good on Riven and maybe a few other AD casters.

EDIT: Here's the most recent thread on it that comes to mind: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2365408

EDIT2: My main post in that thread, which my opinion hasn't really changed on:

Quote:

I build Entropy on Riven a lot because, besides Maw, it gives her the most AD of any item without being weighed down by stats she doesn't use well, plus having the slow is nice. Changing it to build from pickaxe, assuming it lowered the final AD to match, would make it a much worse item for one of the very few champs worth actually building it on, without really making it worth it on anyone else.

The true damage DoT, while a reasonably powerful effect, has the problem a lot of DoTs have: it's not obvious that it's having an effect. If it was changed so that activating it just added 160 true damage to your next autoattack, it would seem a lot more powerful, without actually being much different, but I'm not sure that's the best route.

I think the main problem is that, due to the items it competes with, getting a large chunk of AD added onto an on-hit slow means that it will only be good on champs who autoattack, but those attacks don't scale well with crit, but the champ scales well with AD and doesn't need any additional sustain. That means it's only good for AD casters with built-in procs on their autoattacks and built-in sustain, which is an extremely small niche to be serving. You could make it a better item for all AD casters by adding a Rylai's slow to it, too, but AD casters (that don't use fury) already are in really good shape in Dominion right now, so you'd have to overprice it to the point that it will often be a bad choice.

Reynmaker 11-14-2012 07:59 PM

I used to buy Entropy on kog, as I like the guaranteed slow. But it's not too popular as far as I understand. Kitae's is nonsense. If you ever want to build an item an feel like you do absolutely nothing, Kitae's it it. Entropy needs maybe another item in the recipe, to make a legendary.

Jortalus 11-14-2012 08:00 PM

I always make a mallet instead of Entropy, and I don't remember the last time I built a Kitae's (even though I probably should on Warwick).

ViolentlyCar 11-14-2012 08:00 PM

Entropy feels like it "should" be a good item, but it's kind of hard to justify buying when Trinity Force exists. Bloodrazor doesn't really have a place.

Zerglinator 11-14-2012 08:00 PM

Entropy is a cool item. I sometimes get it.

Kitae's...not so much. Tell kitae I'm sorry.

Ragnar Draconus 11-14-2012 08:02 PM

I get Entropy on Irelia when I want to be lulzy, never have gotten kitae

Zulgaines 11-14-2012 08:02 PM

Kitae's just isn't very good at all.

WaterD103 11-14-2012 08:02 PM

Entropy concept is ok, but the cost is too much. The problem is that I do not see how if it weren't terrible, would help non favored classes, I can only see it on champs that are already very good.
I have the same issue with kitae.

Orphane 11-14-2012 08:02 PM

Entropy is alright, but Triforce is just too attractive for most people who would build Entropy bar like...Kha'zix.

Kitae's needs to stop being designed around "something ad carries are supposed to buy for dealing with high health bruisers" because it fails at its intended purpose (lol bruisers build MR too, who knew!), and needs to be "something on-hit magic damage builds can specifically buy to increase their damage". Basically remove the AD from the recipe and give it more oomph on its passive or magic pen or something.

EDIT: Adding my 2nd post onto this one so people don't have to go digging through the thread if they're too lazy to. For shame.

Given that I think Kitae's should be repurposed strictly for giving On-hit magic damage builds more options/power, why not have it become an upgrade to Malady? Perhaps slightly increase the AP or attack speed, but focus mainly on improving the proc (damage, MR shred) so that it actually becomes a force multiplier for on-hit items the way IE is for AD builds.