League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   AD vs AP (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2799183)

Gawthyc 11-14-2012 01:54 PM

AD vs AP

So, I've been looking over some champs, and I've been trying to determine how they are best played whether it be AP or AD. Here are the following champs I'm having trouble deciding:

Evelynn: I see now that she is best played as an AP champ, but how does she do with AD?

Twisted Fate: Although, I haven't played this guy in pvp, I've played him as AD with lots of attack speed, and I find it good; but a lot of people say AP is better. So which is it?

Kayle: If I had to guess, I'd say AD, but would she be good as a support with AP?

Tristana: I see her a lot as an AD carry, but someone mentioned she best benefits from AP. So, again, I'm confused.

EDIT: Poppy: No idea. :/

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

Awesomeus Prime 11-14-2012 02:28 PM

Evelynn - Just build AP, she shines in her burst potential and not really her sustained damage because she is too squishy in teamfights to be relying on auto attack damage.

Twisted Fate - Best with AP. End of story. Don't try attack speed twisted fate or ad carry twisted fate because they're both outshined by AP TF.

Kayle - Best build like an ad carry (IE, PD, LW, etc). Her utility as an AP support isn't that great since her ratios arent very good.

Tristana - AD Carry for sure. Whoever told you she is best as an AP is dead right wrong.

Poppy - Can be built hybrid or as pure AP. Not sure about pure AP any more because of the recent DFG nerf.

AODRG 11-14-2012 03:12 PM

Evelynn - AD works for quick early game damage, but AP burst excells mid-late game.

Twisted Fate - All depends on how you like to play. AP TF relies on the long range from Wild Cards and quick burst from Pick a Card / Stacked Deck / Lich Bane Proc. AD TF mostly benefits from quick attacks and high mobility with Gate and CC from Pick a Card. If you go AD, you should NOT pick up Wild Cards until at least level 13/14, as it's damage is no where near worth the mana cost, and at most times, it just serves as a useless distraction, while AP relies almost solely on the damage from Wild Cards. Hybrid build works, but not nearly as effective as specifically AD or AP.

Kayle - AP provides more burst from Reckoning and better heals from Divine Blessing. AD provides quicker attacks and damage from Reckoning, Rightness Fury, and gives her better sustainability, especially if she has life steal. Hybrid provides the best of both worlds, and at most times, can be the best build to use.

Tristana - AD is more perfered, due to the fact that her Passive and Rapid Shot relies strickly on her attacks. AP can be efficent for quick burst, but her lack of any real Crowd Control (Besides the knock back on Buster Shot) can make her less effective as opposed to other AP carries, especially with her high Cooldowns.

Poppy - With her high range of build options, it can be difficult to pinpoint the best build for her. AP will give her more burst on Heroic Charge and Devastating Blow, AD will provide better sustain and damage in 1v1 fights/

SenStill 11-14-2012 03:47 PM

Honestly, it depends on the player. I used to run Hybrid Ezreal with Gunblade + Rangeblade + Trinity...

Hahaha. Good time :)

TheOneMillion 11-14-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AODRG (Hozzászólás 31420294)
Poppy - With her high range of build options, it can be difficult to pinpoint the best build for her. AP will give her more burst on Heroic Charge and Devastating Blow, AD will provide better sustain and damage in 1v1 fights/

Poppy actually is usually built with AD, because her Q transforms all bonus ad you get into magic damage, giving you high burst, and then nice sustained damage after.

WalktoEarth 11-15-2012 11:29 AM

People have to be open-minded, you can try and build your champions the way you feel better.

I have seen AD Evelynn and AP Tristana doing a very good work.
Also I have seen AD Fizz in ranked games. So, the deal is that depends of your opponents and your skills what has to determinate how your build is going to be.