League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   @Those who think Runaan's Hurricane will break some Ranged Champs (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2799072)

DreamsOfGrandeur 11-14-2012 01:18 PM

@Those who think Runaan's Hurricane will break some Ranged Champs

Runaan's Hurricane

Saw lots of posts about how this item is going to break a few champions. Didn't feel like replying to them all, so here are my thoughts. :U

1. No mention of whether or not the secondary bolts will scale with bonus Attack Range
-That means champions Kog'Maw and Twitch may not benefit as stupendously as they could

2. Players will probably have to give up Phantom Dancer to incorporate Hurricane into their builds.
-That's something I feel a lot of you are not thinking ahead about. That's a huge loss of crit, move speed.

3. It is stated that some on-hit effects, such as Caitlyn's Headshot, will only be applied to the primary target.
-That means Twisted Fate is probably not going to be the greatest new stun-machine.

I Know Shaq Fu 11-14-2012 01:19 PM

I think it'll make Lulu even more awesome.

Le Misérable 11-14-2012 01:19 PM

I'd rather buy a Bloodthirster still.

DaedricChampion 11-14-2012 01:19 PM

ashe's volley is now her auto attack

BuilderBob93 11-14-2012 01:20 PM

My biggest problem with it is not balance concerns (I'm sure they'll balance it) but that it will have a totally arbitrary list of what works with it and what doesn't based on ruling out abuse cases.

Elder Chewbaka 11-14-2012 01:21 PM

dem ashes slows

Koillu 11-14-2012 01:22 PM

There is no mention that bonus Attack Range WONT take into effect, the item preview specified a ton of thigns, if it didnt synergyze well with Twitch and Kog, they would have stated it. Itemization as a whole is changing, we cant compare it to current items and builds. TF PaC is an auto attack modifier, as said for the 124134th time and if it something reveals itself as OP, they will nerf it for sure.

DreamsOfGrandeur 11-14-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaedricChampion (Hozzászólás 31416288)
ashe's volley is now her auto attack

Ashe has been needing a small bump up.

Point 2 on my post keeps her balanced.

Vekka 11-14-2012 01:22 PM

If only tiamat wasn't melee only. Twitch would be beastly with both.

Edit: People also need to realize that the item only gives attack speed with it, which while great doesn't really warrant getting it as anything other than a luxury item. You'll still want a PD second item because the crit, and the new unit walking are all too good to pass up on. It'll just give ADs some options in itemization.

DreamsOfGrandeur 11-14-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koillu (Hozzászólás 31416371)
There is no mention that bonus Attack Range WONT take into effect, the item preview specified a ton of thigns, if it didnt synergyze well with Twitch and Kog, they would have stated it. Itemization as a whole is changing, we cant compare it to current items and builds. TF PaC is an auto attack modifier, as said for the 124134th time and if it something reveals itself as OP, they will nerf it for sure.

Your statements only prove that we should not make assumptions, which you and many other users are doing.

1. No mention of interaction with Attack Range + No mention of Kog or Twitch = You have no right to say it will or will not have synergy with Kog or Twitch.
So, you and everyone else have no right to say it'll break them.

2. Caitlyn's passive is a modifier. It's not applied.
So, saying that Pick A Card will be applied to the bolts is just another assumption.

Not all auto-attack modifiers are going to work with Hurricane.