League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Lyte - Can you explain this to me? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2798624)

Malvolent 11-14-2012 11:37 AM

Lyte - Can you explain this to me?

So over the past few days I been watching "Pro's" stream.

Last two nights I watched Reginald stream and in many of his games he tells people that "stfu you suk dik" (choosing that spelling to obviously get around the in game filter), calling them "*******", saying "you are bad stfu" and "fuk u" constantly. This isn't just him, I saw the same behavior on Dan Dinh's stream, and also Cris.

So my question is, how come these players are exempt from being punished? Why can they stream this type of behavior to THOUSANDS and views who will learn that this behavior is acceptable.

So why are these players allow to behave like this constantly, game after game? Is it because they are promoting your product through streaming? Is it because they are "Pro" players? Is it because they are top players? Is it because they spend a ton of money on the game? I simply just don't get it especially when you have people being banned for things are petty as "emote" spamming now.

But these players can not only ruin a game but also promote this type of behavior to thousands of viewers and go unpunished.

Yiyo chan 11-14-2012 12:07 PM

Many pro streamers / players got their accounts banned/perma'd already. You can find the info online.
They are like any player. If they misbehave and people in the games report them enough, they go to the reviews and the tribunal and get the punishment they deserve. Pro or not.

Arador 11-14-2012 01:25 PM

This is an interesting social issue you bring up. While they are subject to the same rules and regulations, that means they are only "banned" if they get reported and if such reports lead them to land a punish verdict in the tribunal.

The question is, are people much less likely to report each other when they are at that high of a level? I know I would be much less likely to report Regi than some other kid I had never heard of for the exact same behavior.

Malvolent 11-14-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arador (Hozzászólás 31414377)
This is an interesting social issue you bring up. While they are subject to the same rules and regulations, that means they are only "banned" if they get reported and if such reports lead them to land a punish verdict in the tribunal.

The question is, are people much less likely to report each other when they are at that high of a level? I know I would be much less likely to report Regi than some other kid I had never heard of for the exact same behavior.

Not sure what is going on, but it sure looks like favoritism or a different standard held to popular players, friends of Riot which should be the other way around. These people should be ambassadors of the game and should be showing above average sportsmanship and held to a higher standard then the average player.

When I watch a stream and every word out there mouth is "this guy sucks ass", "**** this guy", "this guy is retarded" , "I hate this guy, i want to kill him", "this guy sucks dick", "**** you", (this is in both typing in chat and verbally on the stream) I really begin to wonder what is going on.

Arador 11-14-2012 01:34 PM

My whole thing is that it's wrong if it's offending or harassing to the other players.

When I play games with buddies, the comments we make to each other are MUCH different than comments I would make to, say, my parents.

Behavior at the pro level may be held at a higher standard as far as play goes, but a much lower standard as far as behavior goes. I agree, this seems strangely inconsistent with the image of an "ideal pro player" but maybe it's just the way things are?

Lyte 11-14-2012 01:35 PM

It's actually not favoritism from Riot.

The player behavior team doesn't even use Elo or pro player status when determining our ban sweeps or penalties. It's actually just a matter of the players not reporting each other at the highest tier. In addition, if pro players are being racist or offensive in their stream language but not in-game, it's not something we can detect through the in-game systems.

The eSports team is going to be more proactive about pro player behavior in Season 3.

Taikero 11-14-2012 01:42 PM

I'd say a pro player doesn't care too much about being perma-banned anyway.

Why?

They can always make another account, and they might have level 30 smurfs already, and they don't care about spending money on champions/skins because they're always streaming and making money anyway, and going to tournaments to make money.

I mean, really, they have the time to spend to work up new accounts and they don't have to be too concerned about getting banned. They know they can rise again to high ELO regardless of what happens to their account(s).

Dr Clueless PhD 11-14-2012 01:43 PM

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/tribu...e/379459/#nogo

Here's the case of a pro player from M5 getting banned. It does happen.

Malvolent 11-14-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyte (Hozzászólás 31414810)

The player behavior team doesn't even use Elo or pro player status when determining our ban sweeps or penalties. It's actually just a matter of the players not reporting each other at the highest tier. In addition, if pro players are being racist or offensive in their stream language but not in-game, it's not something we can detect through the in-game systems.

The eSports team is going to be more proactive about pro player behavior in Season 3.

So why do you have these players are "featured" streamers when they act like this? I don't understand. It seems to me you are promoting these players and their behaviors. And just because other players do not report them because of their "celebrity" status means it ok to behave like that? Meanwhile normal players are being banned for saying the word "noob" while these guys are calling people ****ing *******....... Comon.

Cyberas 11-14-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyte (Hozzászólás 31414810)

So for those guys u can wait till season 3 but for everyone else they get banned now.Get it people?He just said im waiting till season 3.