League of Legends Community
12

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   @Riot So i take it we never goin to have wards right? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2798544)

Lisztomaniac 11-14-2012 10:00 AM

@Riot So i take it we never goin to have wards right?
 
EDITED: alternative item added

so i am long time TT player, i loved the old TT and hated that you erased it, but thats a tale for another time, im trying to get used to this map but i cant get used to not having wards, it removes and important aspect of the game along with some strategy but since ive founf out you guys are too stuborn, i guess we will never have wards, and thats a big problem, because @Riotnome said something in another thread that makes me think they assume hextech sweeper and grez lantern are complete susbtitutes for them, but heres the deal, not all the champions can use the lantern or the sweeper in their builds, and even so if you want to check brushes you cant go around waiting a minute everytime, so how about a consumable to take the place of wards?

heres what i have in mind:

Sight orb
  • cost: 50g
  • use: lays down a Sight orb that lasts 30secs. you can only carry 3(maybe 5) of these on your inventory at once.

what this does is:
  • it gives you the option of not buying the lantern or the sweeper
  • prevents you from face checking
  • it would cost you 300g just to ward a place for 3 min as opose to 75g from a regular ward plus you would have to leave the lane every 30 seconds. this would prevent having the map warded at all times wich i guess is riots goal by removing wards.

the vision ward equivalent:

Vision orb
  • cost: 85g
  • use: lays down a stealth detecting orb that lasts 30secs. you can only carry 3(maybe 5) of these on your inventory at once.

EDIT alternatively:

Soul vision (name fitting with shadow isles lol)
  • cost: 25g-50g
  • use: summons a soul to reveals the targeted area for 2-5 seconds, you can only carry 3-5 of these at once on your inventory
  • range: 1000 cast range, 500 area of effect.

this would be like buying the lantern or sweeper active, without being forced to buy the items, alternatively it could also reveal non champion stealthed units, that way you could also avoid steping into shrooms when revealing a brush as a nice bonus.

with any of these items, we could have more brush, since we would be able to check them, and i dont know about you guys but i love the mechanics of brush, and the jukes you can pull on them, right now we have eight pieces of brush EIGHT, and they are simple, small patches.

also forgot to mention clairvoyance, its cd its too big for my goal, unless you have it in conjunction with the sweeper or the lantern in wich case they would still be must buy.

i cant be the only one that feels that we need something like this, so i hope you like my idea, comment, sugestions and bumps apreciated.

ideas from other people in the thread might be posted bellow:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlazzedTroll (Hozzászólás 31411589)
...Also consider my idea to add the active to a tank item, like Bloodlords Mantle. This makes it more available for all roles. (AP-Sweeper AD-Lantern Tank-Mantle) I understand some champions still won't like the items and not build them.. but that is the balance. We can't counter all stealth characters? No one would play them anymore. Maybe just don't have the visions orbs?

I also like the idea that if you had these orbs to not make them invisible on placement. This way people can know if they have been seen. Help to cut down on people just getting ganked in jungle nonstop because of orb placement.

this is a nice idea, maybe not bloodlords mantle, but diferent items for diferent builds with that active would come a long way. after all the people that benefits the most from lanter are bruisers and they are already too strong as it is.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI 11-14-2012 10:10 AM

I would spend 50 gp to farm safely for 25-30 seconds.

However, I don't really like the idea. Not buying wards has grown on me a lot. When a person or two is MIA it makes one think twice about how far out they are going to farm, or at least it should. The idea that a person can sit in lane and never do anything else but farm for 30 minutes is dead on new TT, and should be IMO.

Now people must weigh risk vs. reward a bit more when farming, teamates must respond to ganks or invades and people must pay attention to MIA's. It makes for a much more team based game not having sight wards.

Lisztomaniac 11-14-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VIOLENTxSHINOBI (Hozzászólás 31409894)
I would spend 50 gp to farm safely for 25-30 seconds.

However, I don't really like the idea. Not buying wards has grown on me a lot. When a person or two is MIA it makes one think twice about how far out they are going to farm, or at least it should. The idea that a person can sit in lane and never do anything else but farm for 30 minutes is dead on new TT, and should be IMO.

Now people must weigh risk vs. reward a bit more when farming, teamates must respond to ganks or invades and people must pay attention to MIA's. It makes for a much more team based game not having sight wards.

thats the point of the short duration, you wont be able to spam wards in a brush and sit hapily farming, this is aimed to the point of the game where people are just roaming, that way they wont have you sitting on your turret scared of even setting foot on your jungle.

now if people start spaming them on a brush to avoid ganks, then riot could reduce the duration to 15 secs, that way they would be completly useless for that purpose but they would still be awesome for brush checking.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI 11-14-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisztomaniac (Hozzászólás 31409994)
thats the point of the short duration, you wont be able to spam wards in a brush and sit hapily farming, this is aimed to the point of the game where people are just roaming, that way they wont have you sitting on your turret scared of even setting foot on your jungle.

now if people start spaming them on a brush to avoid ganks, then riot could reduce the duration to 15 secs, that way they would be completly useless for that purpose but they would still be awesome for brush checking.

That was the point of my first sentance. If I can get 25-30 (even 15 for a lot of AoE casters) seconds to farm for >100gp I would take that opportunity every. single. time. and never farm any other way. That is a long time to clear a wave, and the return on the investment is almost guaranteed.

EDIT:
For the recoed, I see your point however I am just trying to point out the potential flaws so they can be ironed out if possible.

Ididyourdaughter 11-14-2012 10:21 AM

I agree I'd like to see wards put back into play just makes melee champs for the most part awesome at this map due to the decreased vision.. But that's just my opinion...

Lisztomaniac 11-14-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VIOLENTxSHINOBI (Hozzászólás 31410114)
That was the point of my first sentance. If I can get 25-30 (even 15 for a lot of AoE casters) seconds to farm for >100gp I would take that opportunity every. single. time. and never farm any other way. That is a long time to clear a wave, and the return on the investment is almost guaranteed.

EDIT:
For the recoed, I see your point however I am just trying to point out the potential flaws so they can be ironed out if possible.

i edited my OP to add an option based on your opinion, this new option would remove the safe farming aspect while keeping the option of checking the brush, id like to see your opinion on it. thanks for your comments.

SaveTheMaids 11-14-2012 10:33 AM

I'm all for increased map awareness.

I would be willing to play much more aggressively if I wasn't worried about being ganked a few feet from my tower at any second.

As it stands, as a less mobile and/or tanky champion you're pretty much screwed if a Shaco, Katarina, Maokai, Darius, Olaf, etc... comes through that alter bush (near the tower) to gank you.

It makes me not even want to leave my tower (past my alter) if someone is mia, even if the creeps are right in front of me. It also doesn't help that this map snowballs so hard that even one death can really turn the tides. If the enemy team is ahead it's very easy for them to keep their lead if you can't farm somewhat safely (especially if your champion has a weak early game).

Someone mentioned in another thread about a motion detector type item, that gives off a signal if someone is close, yet doesn't give you their exact location. I think even that would be better than nothing. The new lantern just isn't slot-efficient enough for my tastes.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI 11-14-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisztomaniac (Hozzászólás 31410288)
i edited my OP to add an option based on your opinion, this new option would remove the safe farming aspect while keeping the option of checking the brush, id like to see your opinion on it. thanks for your comments.

I do like that idea, and it would be nice to have a lantern or sweeper type of vision on a consumable item.

Nice.

BlazzedTroll 11-14-2012 11:02 AM

I actually just started another thread saying to remove Oracles Extract. I am guess you are also for this motion. Maybe not for my alternative but at least the removal of it.

It really is quite useless in TT2. I have bought it quite a few times only to find my 250g straight down the drain at no benefit to me.

I like this idea as well.
Also consider my idea to add the active to a tank item, like Bloodlords Mantle. This makes it more available for all roles. (AP-Sweeper AD-Lantern Tank-Mantle) I understand some champions still won't like the items and not build them.. but that is the balance. We can't counter all stealth characters? No one would play them anymore. Maybe just don't have the visions orbs?

I also like the idea that if you had these orbs to not make them invisible on placement. This way people can know if they have been seen. Help to cut down on people just getting ganked in jungle nonstop because of orb placement.

Lisztomaniac 11-14-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlazzedTroll (Hozzászólás 31411589)
I actually just started another thread saying to remove Oracles Extract. I am guess you are also for this motion. Maybe not for my alternative but at least the removal of it.

It really is quite useless in TT2. I have bought it quite a few times only to find my 250g straight down the drain at no benefit to me.

I like this idea as well.
Also consider my idea to add the active to a tank item, like Bloodlords Mantle. This makes it more available for all roles. (AP-Sweeper AD-Lantern Tank-Mantle) I understand some champions still won't like the items and not build them.. but that is the balance. We can't counter all stealth characters? No one would play them anymore. Maybe just don't have the visions orbs?

I also like the idea that if you had these orbs to not make them invisible on placement. This way people can know if they have been seen. Help to cut down on people just getting ganked in jungle nonstop because of orb placement.

well i dont mind for the existence of oracles extract but i know what you mean, in this map is fairly useless, sure it helps a bit, but its not that much, as for the bloodlords mantle idea, its nice idea, i dont like bloodlords because its just a big chunk of health and nothing more, id rather buy a mallet an lose a bit of health in exange for the passive and the damage.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:12 PM.
12


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc