League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Nidalee Hybrid, why is this not the best? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2798464)

Crogar 11-14-2012 09:30 AM

Nidalee Hybrid, why is this not the best?

Usually when I play Nidalee, I tend to go with a hybrid build. With Rageblade and Trinity force. Since as Nidalee it is pretty easy to keep rageblade topped off. I do this for a few reason. One, while building those, I can look at my opponent and see if they are building armor get a sheen or blasting wand, if magic resistance go get a phage or pickaxe. two, I find throwing a spear before a pounce Cougar form ability face roll tend to work better for the Q take down because of how much more damage the AP abilities do, which results in Q doing even more damage because of lower health. Afterward I go ether Last Whisper or Deathcap depending if I was playing a "AD" or "AP" character, what ever the team needs more "its usually AP, why is it usually AP...".

As far as my runes and masteries go, I'm still shaky, but I tend to at least have some mana regen and armor pen.

Also because of actually being able to sustain pretty well with your heal, and the extra attack speed pay off for your extra damage.

Most people say AP nidalee is where its at. I can see why, but I can also see why AD or hybrid are nice too.

Warrrrax 11-14-2012 10:07 AM

The obvious problem here is that Nidalee scales off of AP, especially her SPEAR, and to some degree her heal and even trap slightly. Her cougar form ALSO scales off of AP for her Pounce and Swipe.
AD only helps her bite in cougar form.

What on earth does Trinity Force buy you? Yes you can proc the damage quite often but nidalee isn't a bruiser. She isnt meant to stay in melee range for any significant length of time.
Triforce gives very little actual scaling (AD and AP), and a lot of random stuff like crit (only works on autoattack), AS, mana, bit of health, movespeed, etc.

If you went with a Warmogs, some kind of armor/MR, and a triforce this might make a bit more sense. Even then, you'd basically be playing a Bad form of Darius or Xin or other bruiser, without their built in survivability and Ults. Your human side would be near worthless.

For comparison sake, consider trying a Tanky AP Nidalee build instead. Ditch rageblade/Triforce and go for a few Dorans Rings, Rylais, Abyssal Scepter, frozen heart, then Deathcap.

What you should see is that you will be tanky enough to actually survive fights, and can still do decent damage with both Spear poking as well as melee.

Eddyv 11-14-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrrrax (Hozzászólás 31409804)
The obvious problem here is that Nidalee scales off of AP, especially her SPEAR, and to some degree her heal and even trap slightly. Her cougar form ALSO scales off of AP for her Pounce and Swipe.
AD only helps her bite in cougar form.

What on earth does Trinity Force buy you? Yes you can proc the damage quite often but nidalee isn't a bruiser. She isnt meant to stay in melee range for any significant length of time.
Triforce gives very little actual scaling (AD and AP), and a lot of random stuff like crit (only works on autoattack), AS, mana, bit of health, movespeed, etc.

If you went with a Warmogs, some kind of armor/MR, and a triforce this might make a bit more sense. Even then, you'd basically be playing a Bad form of Darius or Xin or other bruiser, without their built in survivability and Ults. Your human side would be near worthless.

For comparison sake, consider trying a Tanky AP Nidalee build instead. Ditch rageblade/Triforce and go for a few Dorans Rings, Rylais, Abyssal Scepter, frozen heart, then Deathcap.

What you should see is that you will be tanky enough to actually survive fights, and can still do decent damage with both Spear poking as well as melee.

in higher elo play people acually tend to build her as a bruiser just throwing that out there :P

Sagee Prime 11-14-2012 03:28 PM

she scales poorly on ap but almost everything in her kit scales off AP. Her early cougar burst is really high but it is at its highest at level 6 when compared to champions relative hp pools and defenses.

Nidalee tends to build AP or AD-Bruiser. When you build AP your poke is whats scary not your burst and you die rather quickly when caught unless you go AP-Bruiser. As AD bruiser you rely on auto attacks and base damage to make you a threat.

If you go hybrid you lose out on everything because you don't have scary poke, you have poor sustained damage, and you aren't very tanky. Hybrid is good for one thing and pretty much one thing only and that is split pushing and killing towers.