League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   PVP.net Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Elo Reset (Through RP) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2797805)

DakoDread 11-14-2012 04:13 AM

Elo Reset (Through RP)

Heres what my idea is and I'll also be posting why and reasons behind the idea.
Elo resets through RP or IP

My thought behind this is simply because there are quite a few people out there that get stuck in things like ELO Hell, some of them not deserving to be there. It would be nice to actually be able to reset elo just because of the fact that you can get stuck in bad games, and some people think they really deserve to be out.

I personally wouldnt mind spending some money just to get a reset to try and get back out. Also with the HUGE amount of new players daily when they hit 30 the very first thing they'll do is join a ranked game and normally do poorly because between 1-30 you mostly spend points on buying things like champions or low level runes to where you get to 30 and you barely have either.It not only affects the person playing but people playing with that person.

Now think of that level 30 that was once new to finally have gotten much better and now has champions and runes, but hes stuck in ELO hell because of earlier choices. People that undergo things like that do deserve a reset, with the amount of time it takes to grind 1-30, buying new champions and runes making a new account and leveling can take a long time.

Let me know how you think of this idea. I'm sure some people will find reasonable reasons why this shouldnt happen, I just want a discussion on this topic.

Gladius Prime 11-14-2012 07:10 AM

I actually proposed this idea months ago. The community hated it so much and i was trolled,flamed and shamed so much... my ego is still recovering. I personally dont see anything wrong with it. I think it was shot down because it gave the opportunity to prove ELO hell does exist to a certain extent - but whatever.

You'll be pleased to know they have implemented a games played or won into the equation for match making making it far more less likely to be qued with someone who is severely fresh.

I still like the idea because it doesn't hurt anyone. Only draw back i can potentially see are bored people stomping their way back to 2k just for fun.

Frost Unit 11-14-2012 12:57 PM

Probably one of the WORST things Riot can do is this suggestion....
All it will do is give an even bigger advantage to those who buy RP.
Listen, and listen carefully: If you are in elo hell, and cannot get out, you belong there.
That's just a fact... If you had a "few" bad games, then what about the other hundred? The elo system isn't that bad.
All this will do is put elo hell players in 1400 elo games. That's just going to suck for the players who actually deserve to be there.
If you deserve to get out, then play good and get out. Don't blame it on the trolls all the time. It might happen a few times, but overall it's your skill.

Magnus Vortex 11-17-2012 08:47 PM

I once had a similar idea.

When I first started playing ranked matches, I broke 1400. Life was good. I was on the up and up.

Fast Forward.

I was down in the bottom of the 800's, couldn't find a decent team for the life of me. Every game I got in was nothing but trolls or baddies, and they were all dragging me down with them. Game after game, I was lucky to win 1 out every 5. I just couldn't carry hard enough.

It took me about 70 games holding steady in the 800's before I started to understand that I deserved to be there. It took about 30 more before I started to understand enough of how this game works to find a way to improve my game - to make myself enough of an asset to my team to warrant a higher elo. It took that long before I started being able to CONTRIBUTE my fair share to a well-deserved win.

Sure, you're going to get matches where someone leaves, but that's going to happen on both sides, and it will even out. Sure, you're going to find amazing teammates who want every other role except your best, but you're also going to find teammates who demand your favorite role. And guess what? That's going to happen to the guys on the other side just the same. It will even out. If you play enough matches, you'll also get the opportunity to play both with and against someone WAY better than everyone else on the team. But keep playing, and it will even out.

The only thing that doesn't even out is you. You will ultimately reach a point where you contribute just as much as everyone else in the games you're playing. You'll know when that number you keep watching so intently bounces around a bit, but doesn't really move much. There's only 2 ways from there: Contribute less, or get better so you can contribute more.

What you're proposing is a way to undo all the work you put into your elo. You say the only people who could abuse it are the high elo players, but they could just dodge their way down to whatever elo they want (and some of them do!). But I keep thinking of the people who would want something like this. The me of 300 matches ago. Let's say I shelled out money for a reset. Thirty matches afterwards, would it have made a difference? No. Now I spent money on something and got nothing out of it. Where's the value in that? All you're doing is bringing money into an issue that's already rife with contempt. When did money ever make any situation better?

I'm a 1200 elo player now. I'm damn proud of that fact. Because I know I USED to be an 800 elo player. I got better. I started filling in roles we needed. I bought wards. I bought oracles. Map vision is important. I got better at last-hitting, advanced my lane control. I started understanding counterpicks. I learned that sometimes you have to forsake a lane and focus on something you can actually win (like bottom lane). I learned not to roam when you've got an exp advantage to lose.

There are some matches I lose where there's nothing I know of that I could have done better. There are some matches I win when I know I did nothing right. Elo hell exists; it's that range where everyone blames their losing on someone else. You're trying to buy your way out of something that we take pride in earning. You're doing it wrong.

Dane Belthound 11-17-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xSnipe (Hozzászólás 31413372)
Listen, and listen carefully: If you are in elo hell, and cannot get out, you belong there.
That's just a fact... If you had a "few" bad games, then what about the other hundred? The elo system isn't that bad.
All this will do is put elo hell players in 1400 elo games. That's just going to suck for the players who actually deserve to be there.
If you deserve to get out, then play good and get out. Don't blame it on the trolls all the time. It might happen a few times, but overall it's your skill.

There is a difference between ME having a few bad games, and my team mates having them. I cannot prevent bot lane from feeding 15 kills. I cannot prevent ****** mcgee from going afk. I cannot prevent jungle and top lane from feeding 22 kills in laning phase.

My last three games:

two adc bot lane
top and jungle fed 22 kills in laning phase then proceeded to suck it up in team fights.
my bot lane and top lane both fed horrendously.

These are things I have no control over. They happen. Top that off with 3 of my 7 ranked wins have provided me with a whopping 14 elo. But ALL of my 6 losses have given me 39-45 elo loss. Why? Because apparenlty the matchmaking system feels it is okay to waste my time with games that are high risk low reward.

Wise nincompoop 01-23-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oP Gol D Roger (Hozzászólás 31413372)

ive went from 1419 elo to 996 rating because of trolls i have even had games where they were 2 dc's since im bellow 1200 and many many many trolls....it dosen't happen occasionaly it happens every 3 games or so

jester82 01-25-2013 02:52 PM

Just make another account, its free too. You can spend your money on EXP boost to get lvl 30 faster.

Its a bad idea for the players, money making heaven for Riot.
Bad because :
Most people resetting their Elo will go back to their low Elo.
Your "Elo hell" will just start at the starter Elo (1200's), so this thing wont solve anything.