League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Random Game Freeze (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2797794)

The Gooman 11-14-2012 03:01 AM

Random Game Freeze

1 Attachment(s)
This problem has been affecting me specifically since the Elise patch, and it occurred on my very first game of the patch. Almost every game at varying points (sometimes 3 minutes through sometimes 40 minutes) my game will freeze. I will still hear ambient noises and sounds such as red or blue buff, and I will still be able to move my mouse, but everything else completely stops as if the game is frozen in time. This does not happen when there are a lot of particles on the screen, it is completely random. I am able to access task manager immediately, and League of Legends will show up as not responding. No matter how long I wait the game will not unfreeze, if I try to switch back to it after opening task manager it will stay frozen in the same way but with a black screen. This has sometimes happened twice in one game, crashing and then crashing again at a random time after reconnecting to game. Some games the crash never happens at all.

I am able to close the game through ending the task on task manager, and after windows attempts to find a solution to the problem the game closes. My CPU and RAM don't spike when the freeze occurs. All other programs work perfectly fine during and after the freeze, and no other games have had any similar problems. I have tried updating the drivers on my graphics card, repairing LoL, uninstalling and re-installing, closing all other programs while playing, and the problem has not changed. Even after the Zed patch to my disappointment the problem is still just as evident. I have also tried turning all visual settings to their lowest in game with no success or improvement.

I have looked through the support forums for a solution. There are multiple posts of people with similar or even IDENTICAL problems with no constructive comments from riot or anyone.

I have attached DxDiag

Please help me to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Goguk 11-14-2012 04:33 AM

I know of others having this same issue, but it just seemed to start with the newest patch yesterday. It wasnt happening since the elise patch.

Drey22 11-14-2012 03:12 PM

I have this EXACT same issue except it started after Zed patch. Gooman did you find any fixes??

The Gooman 11-14-2012 03:21 PM

Not yet sorry, I'm still searching. I hope someone can find a solution soon.

Hukaatir 11-14-2012 03:26 PM

Same here. Already lost my first win of the day and a draft Twisted Treeline. Feels bad, man.

Drey22 11-14-2012 04:36 PM

Well, just got thru one game without crashing. I first did the LoL repair, that didn't work, then I updated DirectX, but not even sure what version I had in first place. I then played in windowed mode instead of full screen. No crashes, I'm quite scared to try it again in full screen though.

The Gooman 11-15-2012 02:10 AM

Tried Windowed mode, worked for a while but then I crashed again.

The Gooman 11-15-2012 01:59 PM

Bump

The Gooman 11-16-2012 05:10 AM

Bump

The Gooman 11-16-2012 02:30 PM

Bump