League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Please remove back ping (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2797782)

bLues 11-14-2012 03:53 AM

Please remove back ping

It is by far one of the worst things added to this game.
It causes more harm than good.

How many times has this happened to you?
You're engaging on something you know you can win. Lets say you go in on top lane. Bot lane thinks they know whats going on and spams back ping. The lane you're ganking hesitates and ends up ruining everything.

This applies to teamfights aswell. Someone dies in the fight or isn't in it and back pings it. Doesn't matter if you're winning or losing, they are not a part of it. I've seen too many games thrown by back pings making people hesitate.

Hotdogs 11-14-2012 03:54 AM

back ping ftw
before back time, many times i pinged an enemy to run away from them and instead they run towards them
if you were on voice chat you would have the same problem you are having

Lanthias 11-14-2012 03:54 AM

..... No

bLues 11-14-2012 03:56 AM

Why no?

I've rarely ever seen it actually work correctly if I'm not in a game with 5 people I know.
Either they ignore it and do something stupid or someone pings at the wrong time and ruins the game.

1v5 np 11-14-2012 03:57 AM

people only back ping me to stop taking their farm when they are coming back to lane

LawlerBrawler 11-14-2012 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protomannnn (Hozzászólás 31401093)
Why no?

I've rarely ever seen it actually work correctly if I'm not in a game with 5 people I know.
Either they ignore it and do something stupid or someone pings at the wrong time and ruins the game.

Its a simple command that doesn't have to be typed out, and conveys its message immediately, along with indicating where you're talking about. I see 0 reason to remove a communication tool as clear as that.

And do you actually think that those people would go into the fight if they didn't have retreat ping? At least this way, you know they're not going into the fight, instead of awkward blue pings on you and your base simultaneously.

Now if they'd only add an MIA ping... (although I use retreat ping for that, lol)

Joebuscus 11-14-2012 04:10 AM

I find it amusing when someones like PINGPINGPING and then I burst the guy they're talking about. Although it can be incredibly irritating, it has it's place in telling the 1/5/2 Lee Sin to NOT fight their whole team just 'cause you are with him. But only use it when you've noticed they are particularly excitable or something.

People should -really- not use it when you're obviously trying to run away. "AnnoyingPlayer pings to run away from FedJax + Enemy Team"... well really? Here I was trying to 1v5 them aren't I an arse.

bLues 11-14-2012 04:14 AM

People really shouldn't use it when they're not even a part of whats going on.

If I'm for example Amumu with my Vlad and initiating on their Graves + support, there is no reason for our Ashe who is on the other side of the map to back ping us. Seriously.

Tempestphile 11-14-2012 04:16 AM

you think you will win, you run up to the enemy

your teammate sees a gank coming, so they back ping you to be careful

you dive in and get eaten alive

blames the back ping

LawlerBrawler 11-14-2012 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protomannnn (Hozzászólás 31401309)
People really shouldn't use it when they're not even a part of whats going on.

If I'm for example Amumu with my Vlad and initiating on their Graves + support, there is no reason for our Ashe who is on the other side of the map to back ping us. Seriously.

There is if Ashe saw that the enemy jungler passing a ward towards that lane. Or if the Ashe knew that an enemy champion was about to lane gank from the brush. I like it when other lanes retreat ping if they know that an enemy is on the way, b/c regardless of if I saw it or not, it proves they have map awareness and they're holding me accountable as well.