League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   It doesn't make sense that Riot can charge $ (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2797746)

Torcida1911 11-14-2012 02:28 AM

It doesn't make sense that Riot can charge $

for content where your account can be suspended/banned by other players.

Don't get me wrong, the Tribunal rids this game of a lot of scum but for every innocent player banned I can't help but ask what then? A guy that could have spent 300 $ - 1000 $ or even more perhaps loses his account because some basement dweller wants his justice rating to stay high. And no before you go there I've never been banned or cautioned. Just that emote thread got me thinking and a few cases I've seen on the Tribunal myself.

TLDR: Don't emote in game

Joseph Dom 11-14-2012 02:29 AM

Rioters got to eat too.

Tempestphile 11-14-2012 02:30 AM

tribunal punish will send an alert to RIOT to check out that guy

And RIOT will issue punishment IF they see fit

Spiderbubble 11-14-2012 02:30 AM

If a ban is really warranted, it will happen. If it isn't, the player can just as easily submit a ticket (especially for something like using emotes too frequently).

If you ever bothered to read the EULA, you will see that you are technically only indefinitely "renting" all your account's data. Your skins, champions, etc are all still owned by Riot.

OneVendetta 11-14-2012 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempestphile (Hozzászólás 31400699)
tribunal punish will send an alert to RIOT to check out that guy

And RIOT will issue punishment IF they see fit

Nope, it's automatic. Even some permabans are automatic (very sad). When Lyte said they 'review' bans before issueing them, he meant they take a random sample daily, cuz that's all they can afford with the 5 men team they have doing it

Ammiravus 11-14-2012 02:41 AM

That's why there's a terms and agreement you have to constantly agree to.

M O R B I Dx 11-14-2012 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torcida1911 (Hozzászólás 31400673)
for content where your account can be suspended/banned by other players.

Don't get me wrong, the Tribunal rids this game of a lot of scum but for every innocent player banned I can't help but ask what then? A guy that could have spent 300 $ - 1000 $ or even more perhaps loses his account because some basement dweller wants his justice rating to stay high. And no before you go there I've never been banned or cautioned. Just that emote thread got me thinking and a few cases I've seen on the Tribunal myself.

TLDR: Don't emote in game

agreed 100%

DarkChibiman 11-14-2012 02:49 AM

Well, you do agree to a specific set of terms where you give Riot exactly the power to do just that.

Next time, before clicking Accept, read that popup when your client gets patched.

True Bandito 11-14-2012 02:50 AM

DON'T PLAY THE GAME lF YOU CAN'T FOLLOW IT'S RULES!!!

Ravenshire 11-14-2012 02:50 AM

Lyte has commented several times that bans are approved by the Riot staff, and then audited later to ensure the system's integrity. 'False positives' do exist, because no system is perfect, but the numbers and comments Lyte has given on the subject suggest that these are extremely rare. Like, similar chances to winning the lottery rare.

Even if you do somehow get perma-banned, you typically have to be in the bottom 1% of Toxic players, get several warnings leading up to it, and typically have multiple chances to reform.

TL:DR - You're not going to get peer banned unless Riot feels like you deserved it, so it's only a danger if you feel like giving them money entitles you to ignore the rules and act like a jackass.