League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   What I've Learned From The Tribunal (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2797206)

Smackz 11-13-2012 09:44 PM

What I've Learned From The Tribunal

#1: If a teammate tells you, your team, and the enemy team that you suck, mute them immediately without defending your name; You'll get punished if the Tribunal Tr0lls spot self-defense.

#2: One word can get you banned. It doesn't matter if you directed the word to an enemy in team chat; Tribunal Tr0lls will scroll through the logs, find the word, and instantly punish.

#3: Dodge whenever someone decides to tr0ll you in queue (fill a spot that they know will screw you up for the lolz); If you don't, you will get punished for dual mid/top.

Q: I thought going against the meta and picking any champion you like was not a ban worthy offense according to the Summoner's Code.

A: This is the Tribunal: The Summoner's Code can only be used against you.

#4 Always enter a game with the mindset that you will appear in the Tribunal. Make yourself look perfect in the eyes of the Tribunal Tr0lls viewing the chat. The Tribunal Tr0lls will punish you if they spot any sign of imperfection.

@Lyte --> I don't know if you helped design the Tribunal to engrave this way of thinking into the minds of players, but you're certainly doing just that.

vulgarwolf 11-13-2012 09:54 PM

so glad you have learned

SirMarks 11-13-2012 09:55 PM

Perfect

NecroticBinder 11-13-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smackz (Hozzászólás 31395226)
#1: If a teammate tells you, your team, and the enemy team that you suck, mute them immediately without defending your name; You'll get punished if the Tribunal Tr0lls spot self-defense.

No. Self-defense does not equal being a jerk back. But you make a good point, if someone is being a jerk to you, muting them is a good idea since they don't want to work with you.

Quote:

#2: One word can get you banned. It doesn't matter if you directed the word to an enemy in team chat; Tribunal Tr0lls will scroll through the logs, find the word, and instantly punish.
If it's racial, homophobic or something like calling someone a ******, yes. Yes they will.

Quote:

#3: Dodge whenever someone decides to tr0ll you in queue (fill a spot that they know will screw you up for the lolz); If you don't, you will get punished for dual mid/top.
Tribunal isn't relevant to this. It's more, trolls just ruin games.

Quote:

Q: I thought going against the meta and picking any champion you like was not a ban worthy offense according to the Summoner's Code.

A: This is the Tribunal: The Summoner's Code can only be used against you.
And to defend your actions, but typically if you are in the tribunal, you broke it.

Quote:

#4 Always enter a game with the mindset that you will appear in the Tribunal. Make yourself look perfect in the eyes of the Tribunal Tr0lls viewing the chat. The Tribunal Tr0lls will punish you if they spot any sign of imperfection.
You should, just not for the reasons you listed. Most people don't have to do that, because they aren't *******s. Do you have a problem with this?

Quote:

@Lyte --> I don't know if you helped design the Tribunal to engrave this way of thinking into the minds of players, but you're certainly doing just that.
So, clarify for me. Are you trying to imply that trying to make people be less rude to each other so they can all have fun in a game that people play to have fun is bad? Because that's exactly what you are doing.

Here's a suggestion, stop raging and post your reform card. I understand that you want to blame the system, but big boys and girls learn what they did wrong and fix that before they try to blame the system.

Seven Portals 11-13-2012 10:03 PM

i need help with my case please

BarokShield 02-13-2013 03:09 AM

bump

dunder 02-13-2013 04:58 AM

first off lets post your card here also
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5929712/#nogo

2nd it is not one thing or one word it is your attitude let me make some posts to show you what i mean
1st game
Ahri [All] [00:00:14] report ryze
Ahri [All] [00:00:15] he mad
Ryze [All] [00:00:20] report ahru
Taric [All] [00:00:21] total ******bag.
Ryze [All] [00:00:22] she mad
So 2 wrongs make it right to be negative back to someone. This is not a defense this is you feeding someone to behave worse. Why could you not just ignore that comment and let it go without saying anything and making things worse. The statement is just a statement and does not need to be defended.
Ryze [00:02:11] why are you crying
yes saying that is really making things better instead saying that is only provoking your team to bad behavior and showing negative attitude on your part
Ryze [00:03:24] can't believe that ****** lived
Yes because in a game you really want to hear ppl calling you names classy.
Ryze [All] [00:09:41] re[prt ezreal
so now you are report happy. Do not announce you are going to report ppl just do it. By saying to report someone you are provoking bad behavior and is just out right negative to your team and the play. If ppl are seeing ppl say report report report they tend to do not as good as they can because they are being insulted which lowers game play quality
Ryze [All] [00:20:08] report ez for verbal harassmen
once again report report report.
As you can see in game one you did nothing to make your team play better only tearing down your team and making that game less enjoyable for everyone.

2nd case
Akali [00:12:35] this diana.
Akali [00:12:42] if we lose
Akali [00:12:44] i b;lame her
come on being negative only breaks game play.

3rd game
Akali [00:06:26] i'm ****ed
Akali [00:13:01] i give up
Akali [00:15:50] i should've just went mid
Akali [00:15:56] regardless of this ******
Akali [00:16:19] stfu *****
classic

quoting your other post
Quote:

Despite this idiot's failure to understand I was first pick, and that she should've chose another role (she could've easily; I checked her ranked stats), I only repeated what she said to me and didn't go any further.
first off you are doing the same thing you did in game classic you are insulting your team and you are not in game any more. If you are insulting your team you are wreaking the game for everyone. When you insult ppl they get frustrated and mad which ends up in worse game play then if there was no insults.
Quote:

I merely defended myself from attacks, and I ended up getting banned.
This is not defending yourself in game 1 this is straight up negative attitude. Look at how you feel when it was said to you and how that affected your game play. Now it affected you so saying it back makes it right.
You need to understand if you do not like it when it is said to you then you have no right saying it back to someone else. Once again this is not a defense this is bringing a negative attitude to the game wrecking your game for you and others.
You said so yourself that you do not like there attitude but you are doing the same thing.
do you not understand by doing the same thing that you do not like is making you just as bad as them.

Quote:

I admit, I was "rude" then. She probably didn't close her game on purpose; I was experiencing random crashes around that time too.
So being rude is ok then and everyone should look over being rude

I love this statement
Quote:

- I showed my teammate that I appreciated the help.
That is awesome that you showed your teammate that you appreciated there help but if you look at my post here on your game 3 you will see that you were negative, and insulting your teammates also. So you think that because you appreciated your teammates help and had a couple nice comments that it makes it ok to insult and be negative. If you insult someone no matter what the case that is an insult and is uncalled for. This is also not picking out one word this is a constant behavior that is shown in all 3 games.

Quote:

In conclusion, the things I did shouldn't have gotten me banned for two weeks. I tried my best to win in every game. Not once did I intentionally choose a champion is smite of my team. I tried my best to avoid escalating conflict that already began. I was reported one time in Game #3 on an unfair bias against me. I do admit, I was somewhat harsh on a few remarks but kept it toned down as much as I could allow myself to at the time.
i like this part
Quote:

I tried my best to avoid escalating conflict that already began
ok lets review how you did not intentionally escalate a conflict.
Ahri [All] [00:00:14] report ryze
Ahri [All] [00:00:15] he mad
Ryze [All] [00:00:20] report ahru
Taric [All] [00:00:21] total ******bag.
Ryze [All] [00:00:22] she mad
like you said you had to defend yourself so by you saying the same thing back is escalating it.
Akali [00:12:35] this diana.
Akali [00:12:42] if we lose
Akali [00:12:44] i b;lame her
so saying you are going to blame someone is not escalating bad behavior
and game 3
Akali [00:15:56] regardless of this ******
Akali [00:16:19] stfu *****
really this is not escalating anything at all insulting people and telling them to shut it.
Quote:

Please don't comment with a bias against me like I usually see on this forum. I'm a genuine guy, and would really appreciate a fair review of my case.

Thank you for your time.
-Smackz
this is not a bias against you i do not know you. This is taking the facts of your game and showing you that you are not perfect and what has happened is not because any one has a bias against you it is because you did something wrong.

now if a teammate tells you, you suck then just ignore it responding to it by being negative or insulting them you are doing the same thing as them. If you play the game and call out mia, re, wards, ganks things like that then you will never get punished. If you respond bad to someone that is being negative to you then you are doing the same thing as they are and makes you the same as them. If you do not like there behavior to you then what makes it right to behave that way to them. Mute is a good thing also report them but do not announce to all to report they are playing the same game and also have the choice to report.

This is a case of not one word but many so your statement of one word can get you banned is not true.

picking a champ does not get you banned nothing that i have said has to do with you picking a mid champ or being in a lane that you are not good at.

Quote:

#4 Always enter a game with the mindset that you will appear in the Tribunal.
Yes that is a great rule. If you are going into a game that you could get reported then you will not respond negative to people and try to help your team out then if you do show up in tribunal there will be nothing to punish you for and will get a pardon.

Last thing I am going to say your behavior in game is the same on the forms and is not a positive one. In your first post you ask for us to throw out our bias but you still post with a bias against the tribunal. This post you say
Quote:

Tribunal Tr0lls
you say this over and over again. Really look at your behavior in game and on the forms it is not a positive one but negative. If you want ppl to be bias against you then you need to do the same and buy your posts you have not.

dunder 02-13-2013 05:01 AM

by the way he has a post http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2795566
that is where i got most of my info from.
Also shows make one post do not like that people are proving that you are at fault so lets make another post and hide my card to insult the tribunal

meadow 02-13-2013 05:35 AM

Can people just READ the date that it has been posted to prevent necroing? Besides, the one that bumped the post is a spammer so you've been baited inside his fishing net.

Harate 02-13-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meadow (Hozzászólás 34608992)
Can people just READ the date that it has been posted to prevent necroing? Besides, the one that bumped the post is a spammer so you've been baited inside his fishing net.

Lol poor Dunder. XD

These OPs tips are still relevant and useful though lol