League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Esports Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   So apprently.... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2796984)

Shelaka 11-13-2012 08:40 PM

So apprently....

So apparently now, where ever you are on the list when your in a ranked que gives you right to your positions no matter if some one else calls them?

I was just in a Que were the person 2nd to first called mid right after me, I was greeted with a lovely reply of him saying that "calling dosent matter since your on bottom." and then was assulted with question of who i was playing as support.

On top of that, the person above them flat out picked adc saying " Im first so im picking adc since i want to." and the jungler bellow the man telling me im support is screaming in cap locks "IM TAKING AMUMU I REALLY WANT TO TRY AMUMU!!!!!"

So as a result to all of this im still sitting there, being assaulted with questions of who im playing as support. As well as some one giving a completely BS explanation of why calling dosent work in ranked and that it depends on where you are on the set up of the list...

can some one please explain to me why I even started to play ranked again after my Elo was reset? I mean i just evened out my win losses and now this? Thank you Riot, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I can even express how happy i am i got the bottom of the barrel / the butt end of this deal in ranked....

(oh and PS, if any one is going to suggest Dou-ing with a friend. We did, we tried, we got trolled two games by a Nasus who took top from my friend who called it. And once again by a cho-gath that couldn't AP tank and a malphite that kept pushing bot lane when we were trying to freeze it... Just thought id say that...)

Selcopa 11-13-2012 09:44 PM

If you can't be flexible and play any role and dominate then you Dont belong at a much higher elo than you are at. This includes supporting.

Its typical for last pick to support. This isn't new and fairly common. There are plenty of aggressive supports that you can carry on. My last time up I'd buy a Mejia on Sona and take all the kills. I probably will do something similar this time around

Irrelevantism 11-13-2012 09:52 PM

Pick order definitely trumps calling a role. Calling roles is more of a common courtesy kind of thing, if your team is nice enough you'll get your desired role, otherwise you'll just get whatever you're left with. So, if you were left with support and didn't want to conform to your team, then technically you would've been the one trolling.

Shelaka 11-14-2012 06:24 AM

it was more like i was being told to take the role of support, and was never given a choice of what roles i could take. Its not a matter of taking whats left, it was the matter of being shouted at cursed and raged at to take support even thought there was three other positions still open.

CorporalClitoris 11-14-2012 10:49 PM

IKR I HATE THAT. im always put on bottom so im always support and im like : wtf im mid wile the rest say nothing

DDP SelfhighFive 11-15-2012 05:01 AM

Everyone should know how to play support before joining ranked.

Shelaka 11-15-2012 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDP SelfhighFive (Hozzászólás 31441452)
Everyone should know how to play support before joining ranked.

I know how to play support, im a amazing support is just one of those roles id prefer to avoid =/ i take it if i believe i can trust every one else on the team and there being cooperative but if there just being asses then its another matter.

Lock102 11-15-2012 08:39 AM

oh I didn't know that it was riots fault for the trolls and horrible people on the internet.

Damn you Riot! Why would you corrupt such a peaceful and virtuous place with these trolls?! Please for the love of Demacia change your ways!

Nyutrig 11-15-2012 04:25 PM

id suggest quit your b****ing and get use to it.

A Nearby Shrub 11-15-2012 04:55 PM

play nunu support, build ap, laugh at them all as you ks everything